Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh those funny gun lovers . . . « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 30

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
: February 03, 2013, 01:37:04 PM

This afternoon, over lunch, the Cove served witness to the real lunacy of gun lovers.  Within the span of two hours, there was a thread indicating that one gun nut wants to shoot me in the face for calling for reasonable restrictions on guns and two others proved (repeatedly) just how empty the argument is that there should be NO restriction on guns in this country. 

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1303025.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1295478.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1301767.0.html

Lunch, a beer or two and with five fingers tied behind my back . . .  the self-nominated spokesmen for the pro-gun crowd have been vanquished, one proven to be a coward, the other two proven unable formulate even a single substantive argument against reasonable restrictions on guns.

Now, on to the Super Bowl and tougher challenges . . . . like breathing.
: February 03, 2013, 01:42:55 PM VinBucFan

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : February 03, 2013, 01:45:16 PM

You sir, are a winner. Do you by any chance drink Tiger's Blood?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 03, 2013, 01:49:35 PM

You sir, are a winner. Do you by any chance drink Tiger's Blood?

The "coward" appears . . .  still not putting his name on it though . . . . .  lol . . . . . you "tough guy" you

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 03, 2013, 02:14:31 PM

Dance puppet, dance.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 03, 2013, 02:31:43 PM

Dance puppet, dance.

Just silly, but I guess that is consistent. 

And here I was hoping that you had used the last few hours to actually come up with (or asked someone else to come up with) and actual substantive argument . . . .well, at least you're still proving my point . .  now in FOUR threads no less.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 03, 2013, 02:46:27 PM

The only thing this proves is:

1. This is an effing message board and whoever supports your point of view has a tendency to be your best friend.

2. This is an effing message board and people get into a spitting contest really quickly.

3. This is an effing message board and seeing as we are unlikely to actually meet face to face anytime soon, people get REAL brave real quick.

4. This is an effing message board and as such, when folks piss me off, which happens relatively often, I try to remember that I am not going meet with these people any time soon so it takes absolutely nothing out of my to at least try and be polite. I don't always succeed but what do I lose by at least trying?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 03, 2013, 02:53:55 PM

I don't own a gun, never shot one, and do not believe I have ever touched one (other than a bb gun as a kid) ..... 

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 03, 2013, 03:08:15 PM

Not sure why status as a gun owner or user matters, but I do not own a gun but I have fired numerous guns, from rifles to handguns, because I had a family member who was one of the best pistol marksman in the country. I have also been held up at gun point and so I know, from first hand experience, that having a gun on me at that time would have done nothing positive and, in fact, could have resulted in me losing my life over a simple property crime (the same logic used by UK police forces).

Spartan, what all of this proves is that there is NO reasonable argument against reasonably reducing the number of guns in this country.  You may hate that that is true, but it is, as evidenced by the two threads now up on the Cove, one new one old, and the numerous posts in the Conn. thread all attacking the messenger. Now, if you think those are all people responding to the way the message is delivered, the obvious response is why would they care?  The answer is because most know, even if they would never post it, that they are wrong.  Guns are out of control in this country.  Nobody says we should take everyone of those guns away, but neither do we need guns to be so available that they are used so often to kill humans, sometimes in mass killings.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 03, 2013, 03:18:01 PM

You called me a gun lover .... figured someone as smart as you could figure out why I would post that little bit of background information.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 03, 2013, 03:18:11 PM

what all of this proves is that there is NO reasonable argument against reasonably reducing the number of guns in this country.  You may hate that that is true, but it is

Bwahahahahahahahahaha, this dips*** lives in Fantasy Land.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : February 03, 2013, 03:38:17 PM

I have also been held up at gun point and so I know, from first hand experience

Yes, I remember you telling the story of you going to an ATM and a young black teenager robbed you.   You mentioned you could have kicked his ass if he didn't have a gun.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 03, 2013, 03:46:06 PM

I have also been held up at gun point and so I know, from first hand experience

Yes, I remember you telling the story of you going to an ATM and a young black teenager robbed you.   You mentioned you could have kicked his ass if he didn't have a gun.

correct, if he didn't have a gun.

If i had a gun it would have been in my car in the parking lot of if on my person, in a holster. The young kid who robbed me -- likely a gang member committing the crime as part of an initiation (there were three or four other kids behind him in a car) - was terrified and probably would have shot me over $300. It would not have been worth it to try and pull a gun to "defend" myself over $300. It was simpler and safer to simply talk through the event and give over the money.  Only weeks after I was robbed TWO people were shot, one resisted and one was a needless act of violence.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 03, 2013, 03:48:45 PM

You called me a gun lover .... figured someone as smart as you could figure out why I would post that little bit of background information.

If I called you a "gun lover" I apologize, I certainly lump you in with the crowd that is against reasonable gun restrictions. I reached that conclusion by reading your actual posts (the ones you seemingly denied you made) in the other thread.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 03, 2013, 03:50:21 PM

I get such a kick out of the fact that you cant get out of your own way . . if that is what you really think (as opposed to just that you are wrong)  the obvious question is why would you keep posting? Why would you keep posting against comments posted by a "dip*** that lives in Fantasy Land"?  Like I said, as much as you try you just seem unable to get out of your own way.
: February 03, 2013, 03:53:02 PM VinBucFan

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 03, 2013, 04:21:58 PM

I get such a kick out of the fact that you cant get out of your own way . . if that is what you really think (as opposed to just that you are wrong)  the obvious question is why would you keep posting? Why would you keep posting against comments posted by a "dip*** that lives in Fantasy Land"?  Like I said, as much as you try you just seem unable to get out of your own way.

says the guy that keeps posting in a thread where apparently nobody posts facts except him .......
Page: 1 2 3 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh those funny gun lovers . . . « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools