Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB Poll « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 05, 2013, 09:59:51 AM

YOU HATE ME?!?!!  ;)

Hate is such a strong word.......... :P j/k  big fingers don't mix well with these damn new smartphones lol. 

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 05, 2013, 10:01:27 AM

Quote from: sunrisejeff
Hate is such a strong word.......... :P j/k  big fingers don't mix well with these damn new smartphones lol.
They should bring back those giant 80s phones but put a LCD screen on them and call them a smart phone. I bought the Note II because it was the biggest phone I could find lol.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 05, 2013, 10:03:23 AM

Have to agree with 3rd string. Cason and DRC.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

CanadianBuc

Starter
#18 : February 05, 2013, 10:06:51 AM

you forgot derek cox from the Jaguars

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 05, 2013, 10:32:05 AM

I think the fact that with 14 options, and 10 votes so far, nobody has more than one vote. I think that shows there are quite a few good options.

I think it shows just the opposite.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 05, 2013, 10:59:30 AM

Quote from: sunrisejeff
They should bring back those giant 80s phones but put a LCD screen on them and call them a smart phone. I bought the Note II because it was the biggest phone I could find lol.

Ditto!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 05, 2013, 11:00:54 AM

I think the fact that with 14 options, and 10 votes so far, nobody has more than one vote. I think that shows there are quite a few good options.

I think it shows just the opposite.

To each his own, but I could throw darts at those 14 names, take two randomly, and our secondary would be vastly improved.

HolyBuc

Starter
#22 : February 05, 2013, 11:20:54 AM

Sean Smith (better in a man scheme than zone) and Derek Cox.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 05, 2013, 12:11:02 PM

Smith/Porter. Seems like a realistic want. Would have clicked DRC and Smith...but now way we sign 2 CBs at an average of $7+ mil each.

Why not chace? Seems cheap enough for a playoff birth.

Our offense needs a better defense to compete, and it damn-sure needs more firepower in the cornerback core. If we slow opponents down, but stay the same offensive speed as we saw last (can say that now) season, we have a legit shot at playoffs. Particularly since this defensive system desparately calls for island covering corners, it's even worth more than what most suggest.

In my crazy mind, even revis, with his huge pricetag and loss of picks, isn't out of the question. Not when it can potentially fix this team for years to come, sell some tickets, revive this struggling fanbase, and bring forth possible playoffs. Sorry man, I couldn't pass that up.

As for my picks, I went with grimes and Cro. Grimes is still a big ? right now, but if he's seeing dr. Andrews, I'd take my chances. Cro is still young, but has some experiance. I  honestly don't know what the love affair with Sean is about. If someone clue me in as to why the interest on the guy, it would be appreciated. Doesn't seem like he's all-that.
: February 05, 2013, 12:13:10 PM Benchwarmer#1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 05, 2013, 12:12:47 PM

DRC + Smith. I know some dont like DRC and he's not too physical, but we sorely lack speed in the secondary and he's one of the fastest guys in the league. Plus I don't think he'll cost that much

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 05, 2013, 12:46:41 PM

Derek Cox?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 05, 2013, 12:46:42 PM

Cason and DRC. #CharlieSheenStillWinning
This

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 05, 2013, 02:16:58 PM

I think we could possibly sign two top CBs that both get about $7M a year. If Dom keeps to his proven strategy of putting all the guaranteed money in the first couple years, it would be manageable long term. I also like how after the first year, once he felt comfortable with what he got for the money, he restructured Jackson's and Nick's contract to get them a big chunk of available money right away so it doesn't hurt us later on. The same thing could be done with two CBs....if they have good years and Dom feels comfortable doing it again.

The thing to remember is this, we have $45M in cap space now, but after resigning Bennett and Mike Williams we'll be down to $30M. A couple CBs, a DT, and a TE....now we are down to about $8M. Sign the rookies....down to $3M-$5M in space.....with no franchise QB under contract, which is usually a team's highest paid player. We have entered a new era of Buccaneer football, but Dom has to be careful or we'll be right back in cap hell and unable to resign guys like Martin and David a few years from now.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 05, 2013, 04:21:07 PM

Derek Cox and Sean Smith.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 05, 2013, 06:41:53 PM

Not too familiar with all of the players...but I'm going to assume a few things.

1. No off field shenanigans
2. Man corners that can be left in an island
3. Physical sound tacklers

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB Poll « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools