Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Sorry, there's no way I'm paying Joe Flacco $20 mil per season. Not happening" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 07, 2013, 11:37:25 PM

It's hilarious the way people are biased against Flacco. He could have 30 monster playoff games and some of you would not say he is elite.
1. Some of you forget that Baltimore won five games in 2007. This guy has only once in four seasons not been in double digits and has nine playoff wins.
2. Look at his receivers. Who has been elite? No one. He hasn't had anything resembling a Pro Bowl wideout. Think that matters as far as passing stats?
3. Back down to earth? Nobody wins playoff games every year. At some point he won't. The guess is next year cos when you lose Boldin and Jones the receiving corps will be awful. But Flacco will bounce back and lead the Ravens to more wins down the road. He is the anti Ryan. He is a winner.

IDK man, Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Jacoby Jones are not too shabby.  Probably better than most WR depth charts across the league.
Look at what they did overall. They all have moments, but none are recent Pro Bowlers. Virtually no elite QBs ever did it without elite receivers.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 08, 2013, 12:36:45 AM

It's hilarious the way people are biased against Flacco. He could have 30 monster playoff games and some of you would not say he is elite.
1. Some of you forget that Baltimore won five games in 2007. This guy has only once in four seasons not been in double digits and has nine playoff wins.
2. Look at his receivers. Who has been elite? No one. He hasn't had anything resembling a Pro Bowl wideout. Think that matters as far as passing stats?
3. Back down to earth? Nobody wins playoff games every year. At some point he won't. The guess is next year cos when you lose Boldin and Jones the receiving corps will be awful. But Flacco will bounce back and lead the Ravens to more wins down the road. He is the anti Ryan. He is a winner.

IDK man, Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Jacoby Jones are not too shabby.  Probably better than most WR depth charts across the league.
Look at what they did overall. They all have moments, but none are recent Pro Bowlers. Virtually no elite QBs ever did it without elite receivers.

I hear ya man, but that is exactly the reason I don't put much stock in pro bowl honors.  Those Raven WR's are ballers.  It will be interesting to see what they do with Boldin, I thought I read something today where he is 33 years old.   Dude was money in the playoffs though.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 08, 2013, 01:54:36 AM

I hear ya man, but that is exactly the reason I don't put much stock in pro bowl honors.  Those Raven WR's are ballers.  It will be interesting to see what they do with Boldin, I thought I read something today where he is 33 years old.   Dude was money in the playoffs though.

As long as they have that jj guy they'll be alright. The guy is lethal in a ballgame.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Sorry, there's no way I'm paying Joe Flacco $20 mil per season. Not happening" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools