Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Re-Do 2012 1st Round mock by Don Banks « previous next »
Page: 1

nitey

Hall of Famer
: February 08, 2013, 07:33:29 PM

Linky: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130207/2012-nfl-draft-redo/?sct=uk_wr_a1

He has all 3 of our first 2012 picks going in the 1st round in the top 23 selections.

He has the Bucs taking Doug Martin with the 7th pick.
He has the Eagles taking Lavonte David with the 12th pick.
He has the Lions taking Mark Barron with the 23rd pick.

This is easily the best draft since Brooks/Sapp for Tampa and there is still hope that Goode, Tandy, Dunsmore or Smith could still become productive players. While I'm sure some will point out that the Barron pick at 7 wasn't as productive for the Bucs as Martin and David, I still believe that Barron will prove his worth over the next couple of seasons.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 09, 2013, 03:44:54 AM

Linky: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130207/2012-nfl-draft-redo/?sct=uk_wr_a1

He has all 3 of our first 2012 picks going in the 1st round in the top 23 selections.

He has the Bucs taking Doug Martin with the 7th pick.
He has the Eagles taking Lavonte David with the 12th pick.
He has the Lions taking Mark Barron with the 23rd pick.

This is easily the best draft since Brooks/Sapp for Tampa and there is still hope that Goode, Tandy, Dunsmore or Smith could still become productive players. While I'm sure some will point out that the Barron pick at 7 wasn't as productive for the Bucs as Martin and David, I still believe that Barron will prove his worth over the next couple of seasons.

JMO.

You're not alone. I can't wait to see another draft with similar results this year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 09, 2013, 09:06:20 AM

The Bucs are certainly looking good, but one year in we really don't know that much. There things are heavily skewed toward the early picks with name recognition who got playing time whether they played well or not. In another year or two we'll know a lot more when some of the lesser prospects who didn't play much are able to establish themselves. Who knew in February of 2007 that Jahri Evans was one of the 5-10 best players from the 2006 draft? Who knew in February of 2008 that Marshall Yanda was one of the 5-10 best players from the 2007 draft? Not many.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Re-Do 2012 1st Round mock by Don Banks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools