Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Celebrates Black History Month « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : February 07, 2013, 04:06:00 AM

Barack Obama doesn't belong on that list.   He's a mix who was raised by only his white grandparents and his white mother.     He graduated high school at the same time that Affirmative Action was implemented.   So he's had every advantage in the world ever since he was born.    He's raised by a fairly wealthy family, but gets into schools and jobs easier due to affirmative action and other programs that are looking for black leaders.   When John Kerry asked him to speak at his convention, it was only because he was black and Kerry wanted black support.    Suffice it to say, Obama would not be where he is today if he were 100% white.   So to list him with those other guys who actually had to struggle to break racial barriers rather than have them play to their advantage like Obama did is absurd.
: February 07, 2013, 04:32:23 AM JavaRay

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 07, 2013, 07:01:03 AM

There's just so much inequality in the NFL. Not enough African-American referees, head coaches or coordinators, not enough Caucasian starting running backs (there are none) or cornerbacks (none).

What's an NFL commissioner to do?

Goodell has a lot of Affirmative Action projects on his plate.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 07, 2013, 07:56:19 AM

Where's affirmative action getting more hispanics and asians into the league as well?      What I'd like to see is a league made up of exactly the same percentages of races as the population itself.   That includes the players, refs, owners, front office, and even the fans.   That would be fair all the way around to all races.    I'm not sure if these percentages are accurate, but here are some demographics I found on the internet.

http://www.usa.org/demographics/

White   73.9%
African American   12.4%
Asian   4.4%
Native American and Alaskan Native   0.8%
Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander   0.1%
Hispanic or Latino    14.8%
: February 07, 2013, 08:14:47 AM JavaRay

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 07, 2013, 10:13:21 AM

at least make the teams representative of the paying customers who support the team by going to the stadium -

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 07, 2013, 10:26:02 AM

at least make the teams representative of the paying customers who support the team by going to the stadium -

That wouldn't be fair.   Atlanta would win the Super Bowl every year.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 07, 2013, 10:27:59 AM

I just ate a peanut butter sandwich.   As a result of that, a big Thank You is in order for a great man - Mr. George Washington Carver.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 07, 2013, 10:45:39 AM

I just ate a peanut butter sandwich.   As a result of that, a big Thank You is in order for a great man - Mr. George Washington Carver.

I learned that Carver invented anything but peanut butter. But to be honest i do not believe this either, since Gruden invented the trade for a retired QB. Somebody has to be wrong here.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 07, 2013, 10:49:30 AM

Where's affirmative action getting more hispanics and asians into the league as well?      What I'd like to see is a league made up of exactly the same percentages of races as the population itself.   That includes the players, refs, owners, front office, and even the fans.   That would be fair all the way around to all races.    I'm not sure if these percentages are accurate, but here are some demographics I found on the internet.

http://www.usa.org/demographics/

White   73.9%
African American   12.4%
Asian   4.4%
Native American and Alaskan Native   0.8%
Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander   0.1%
Hispanic or Latino    14.8%

And Obama is called the communist? I believe in the invisible hand.

But how do you account a half white, a quarter jew or a real african?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 07, 2013, 10:56:11 AM

I learned that Carver invented anything but peanut butter. But to be honest i do not believe this either, since Gruden invented the trade for a retired QB. Somebody has to be wrong here."

I can't really decode what you're saying, but I'll play the percentages and bet that it's you.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 07, 2013, 11:06:58 AM

I learned that Carver invented anything but peanut butter. But to be honest i do not believe this either, since Gruden invented the trade for a retired QB. Somebody has to be wrong here."

I can't really decode what you're saying, but I'll play the percentages and bet that it's you.

C=I/p, t∈I ∧ t ∉ C => C≠I/p...<=> p∈C?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 07, 2013, 11:11:00 AM

Half white: depends what the other half is.   Whatever the other half is, that's what category the fall into

quarter jew:   white unless the other 3 quarters are not white

real african: african american

At least that's how they work it in the US

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 07, 2013, 11:12:57 AM

Carver was a genius with the peanut.   He invented many different ways to use a peanut.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 07, 2013, 11:30:09 AM

Half white: depends what the other half is.   Whatever the other half is, that's what category the fall into

quarter jew:   white unless the other 3 quarters are not white

real african: african american

At least that's how they work it in the US

So for what does Tiger qualify? BTW interesting to know that jews are considered white.

Why is a half latino not allowed to take the spot of a full white, but allowed to take the spot of a full latino?

The way you see our nation is not what our nation looks like.

And why should a talented player not be allowed to play, just beacuse of its parents? Why should a untalented player be forced to play. Slaves might be the faster runner and the Master might have the better arm, from working out with the whip for so long.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 07, 2013, 11:30:43 AM

Carver was a genius with the peanut.   He invented many different ways to use a peanut.

Just not peanut butter.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 07, 2013, 11:40:45 AM

" And why should a talented player not be allowed to play, just beacuse of its parents?"

??? Um... what?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Celebrates Black History Month « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools