Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper.....Teo dropped from the No. 6 to No. 12 overall prospect, « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: February 07, 2013, 12:02:51 AM

Manti Teo deletes Twitter account in preparation for NFL draft

11:09 AM 02/06/2013

Manti Teo will be taking an indefinite break from Twitter to prepare for the NFL Draft, according to ESPN sources.

The former Notre Dame linebacker deleted his Twitter account, @MTeo_5, sometime during the Superbowl broadcast Sunday.

A source cited by ESPN said Teo will remain off Twitter in preparation for the NFL draft combine, which begins two weeks from Wednesday in Indianapolis.

Teo was recently at the center of a national controversy after Deadspin.com reported that Teo's girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, had never existed. She had reportedly died of leukemia during the season.

It was later revealed that Teo was the victim of a hoax when a man named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo admitted to posing as Kekua and interacting with Teo via phone calls and text messages.

Teo has denied any part in the hoax, but has suffered nationwide criticism for misleading the media as to the nature of his relationship with Kekua. At the time of the Discover BCS National Championship, Teo appealed to 88 percent of the people that knew of him, according to a Nielsen/E-Poll survey. When the hoax was revealed, Teo's appeal dropped to 15 percent.

Teo's draft stock has not suffered as significantly. According to ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper, Teo dropped from the No. 6 to No. 12 overall prospect, due to what Kiper described as positional value.

Teo skipped the Senior Bowl in January, which he was invited to, and instead will appear before NFL scouts at the combine.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/06/manti-teo-deletes-twitter-account-in-preparation-for-nfl-draft/#ixzz2KBZtVJ1p

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : February 07, 2013, 12:12:18 AM

If the Bucs draft him, maybe he can dress like Elton John and pose for pictures with Freeman dressed as Michael Jackson.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 07, 2013, 10:22:27 AM

If the Bucs draft him, maybe he can dress like Elton John and pose for pictures with Freeman dressed as Michael Jackson.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You can ask.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : February 07, 2013, 10:24:20 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You can ask.

I'll leave it up to Freeman to arrange it between the 2 of them.    I have no doubt it will go down either privately or publicly between the 2.

DailyRich68

Starter
#4 : February 07, 2013, 11:07:24 AM

Kiper's got us taking him at 13 in his latest mock.

lowlife

Starter
#5 : February 07, 2013, 11:24:12 AM

There is zero reason why some overblown 'scandal' sensationalized by the media should affect his stock as a football prospect.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 07, 2013, 12:09:26 PM

There is zero reason why some overblown 'scandal' sensationalized by the media should affect his stock as a football prospect.

No the way he looked crazy bad in the National Title Game should though. It wasn't just an "off" game he looked laughable out there and laughable doing the one thing (stopping the run) he was supposed to be good at.

BTW, how did he drop on "positional value"...did Mel just now realize he played MLB?
: February 07, 2013, 12:15:32 PM dalbuc

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 07, 2013, 12:22:36 PM

No the way he looked crazy bad in the National Title Game should though. It wasn't just an "off" game he looked laughable out there and laughable doing the one thing (stopping the run) he was supposed to be good at.

BTW, how did he drop on "positional value"...did Mel just now realize he played MLB?

Yea he looked bad after that game. He looks worse after the scandal. Im shocked hes dropped to 12 and not further.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 07, 2013, 06:16:00 PM

Watch him use all this as motivation to beast in the NFL. he played one bad game. players do that.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

RiotHeart

Starter

#9 : February 07, 2013, 06:46:27 PM

Watch him use all this as motivation to beast in the NFL. he played one bad game. players do that.
In the most important game of his college career. I don't consider choking a good trait.

geetech84

Starter

#10 : February 07, 2013, 08:03:38 PM

In the most important game of his college career. I don't consider choking a good trait.

Blame his team-mates too..they didn't help any..The whole Notre Dame team play bad in that game.. players/coaches

I wouldn't be upset if we draft him..They can move Foster over to his natural position.."Which I believe ,Foster will be a beast, if they move him outside"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 07, 2013, 08:17:39 PM

Even before the title game poor play, and the situation with the invisible girlfriend, I thought he was a long shot to be a Buc.  Now its a million to one shot IMO.

Now if he played CB, different story.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 07, 2013, 10:06:41 PM

Blame his team-mates too..they didn't help any..The whole Notre Dame team play bad in that game.. players/coaches

I wouldn't be upset if we draft him..They can move Foster over to his natural position.."Which I believe ,Foster will be a beast, if they move him outside"

He'll be off the field 50% of the time as well.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 07, 2013, 10:23:02 PM

2 things you can count on:

1. Kiper not having a clue about our team's needs.
2. Kiper having wicked hair on draft day.

Oracle

Starter

#14 : February 08, 2013, 02:21:01 AM

2. Kiper having wicked hair on draft day.

His hair is his trademark!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper.....Teo dropped from the No. 6 to No. 12 overall prospect, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools