Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the status of Carl Nicks? « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: February 08, 2013, 12:27:49 AM

Bucs Q&A: What's the status of Carl Nicks?

By Tribune staff
 Published:  February 07, 2013 - 3:52 PM

Q: Have not heard anything on the health of G Carl Nicks. What is the latest on him?

Keith Henderson, Lecanto

A: Bucs GM Mark Dominik told me during a visit at the Senior Bowl that, save for LB Quincy Black, all the Bucs injured players are well on their way to recovery and should be ready for the start of training camp, if not the offseason workout program. I believe Carl will be able to participate in most of the offseason workouts, if not all of them. After that, it's just a matter of crossing your fingers and hoping he doesn't have a re-occurrence.

Roy Cummings

Q. Hey guys!  Love reading your work.  Doug Martin turned in a tremendous season by a running back; let alone a rookie.  Do you see the Bucs drafting a compliment in the 4th round (thanks, Talib) to make sure they keep Doug fresh going forward?

C. Alaka
Staten Island, NY

A.  I only see them doing that if they don't retain LeGarrette Blount. And my guess is they will retain Blount. He's still very young and has been very productive when given a chance. And don't forget, the Bucs also drafted Michael Smith last year. As long as Smith and or Blount are on the roster, I don't see the Bucs spending an early-round or mid-round pick on a running back.

Roy Cummings

Q: Every year, I put together a wish of the free agents I would love to see wearing red and pewter. I start by fixing the horrible secondary. Patrick Chung from the Patriots could line up next to Mark Barron. Sean Smith could help our porous secondary. Martellus Bennett could fix our tight end problems. How about this one? We could sign Jake Long to play right tackle, which would eliminate the need to draft a RT. Kyle Vanden Bosch could provide insurance if one of our DEs goes down. With any of those above moves, we could have way more flexibility in the draft to take the best player available, instead of reaching for a need.

Andrew Athans, Arnold, Md.

A: I agree with your premise that these deals would alleviate the need to reach for prospects in the draft, but they might also bankrupt the team. None of the players you mentioned will come cheap. If you narrowed your focus to two of these you'll probably be closer to what the Bucs will really do. They'll definitely address all these areas of need, but probably not in the way you suggest.

Roy Cummings

Q: If the defense struggles again and a defensive coordinator change has to be made, what about Jim Leavitt returning to Tampa as the Bucs DC?

Chris Burke, Nashville

A: I suppose that's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. The Bucs are actually pretty happy with Bill Sheridan and when you consider they were the top-rated rush defense in the league, you should be able to see why. Yes, the pass defense was a mess, but there are a lot of reasons for that and I'm not sure scheme was always the culprit. A few too many blitzes, some injuries and an inability to get to the passer were the biggest problems. The Bucs have since named Bob Fraser an assistant defensive coordinator. Let's see how that goes. If problems persist, a change may be made, but I doubt Leavitt would be Greg Schiano's first choice.

Roy Cummings

: February 08, 2013, 01:38:45 AM michael89156

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 08, 2013, 01:51:05 AM

Carl should be 100% come preseason barring setbacks. Really that's all that matters.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 08, 2013, 07:44:40 AM

Sounds like Quincy's career may be over.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 08, 2013, 08:15:50 AM

Roy Cummings is pretty useless.

Draft Aaron Donald

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 08, 2013, 10:04:36 AM

Quote from: JDouble
Roy Cummings is pretty useless.
But Stroud is most useless.

Mateen

Starter

#5 : February 08, 2013, 10:16:54 AM

Lol and who the f**k is Roy CUMmings again? Oh yeah, a nobody. Why do I care? I don't.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 08, 2013, 10:38:55 AM

The Great Wall of Stroud

I'm not basing my opinion off what Stroud says. That guy is an idiot and I don't think for a second that he actually gets to sit in on those private matters. He's just making [CRAP] up to sell a paper.
Stroud is an idiot
Bah!  holder and Stroud....I call [BS] on you guys! 
Rick Stroud is an idiot.I just can't take someone who looks like Steve Carell's ugly older brother seriously.
Stroud is such an idiot. It's shameful that he is even a beat writer.
Thank you Rick Stroud, for reminding me why I come here for my information on the Bucs, rather than relying on the St Pete Times.
rick stroud is simply an idiot.
While i agree that stroud is a moron and probably speculating here....
I think this sounds like Rick is throwing some Stroud on the wall and hoping it sticks.
I'm quite sure Stroud is throwing [CRAP] against the wall hoping some of it will stick.
Stroud is an ass.
Stroud is dumb.
Quote from: Pro Football Talk
Bottom line?  Until further notice, we should all assume that Stroud lacks this ability.
Florio is just as much ignorant and pompus as Stroud. But it was still nice too see someone take him down.
So on top of giving sketchy info about Harrison, Stroud now wants to blame others for his bad info going worldwide?
Stroud sucks at whatever is he is trying to do. When Stroud Twits on Twitter, he even screws that up.
I thik a further moral is - don't believe anything he writes without an attribution in the story to a LIVE source.Or, do what I do...refuse to read anything he writes because, as is often the case, he invents his stories.

Lol... Miss reading White Tiger's posts, guy was hilarious.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the status of Carl Nicks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools