Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which Quarterback will the Buccaneers bring in to challenge Josh Freeman ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 08, 2013, 02:32:16 PM

Idk about you guys, but i would feel a lot better if we went into training camp with Matt Moore as our backup QB as opposed to Dan Orlovsky.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 08, 2013, 02:34:30 PM

...also, I would rather sign Matt Moore than waste a high round draft choice on QB fodder.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 08, 2013, 02:56:58 PM

Ryan Mallett would absolutely put pressure on Josh...this year.

What exactly makes you think this?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 08, 2013, 03:13:56 PM

Well if they traded for him its likely for a higher draft choice. Freeman would have some pressure to perform or they will have to give Mallett a chance since they invested highly in him.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 08, 2013, 03:27:13 PM

Well if they traded for him its likely for a higher draft choice. Freeman would have some pressure to perform or they will have to give Mallett a chance since they invested highly in him.

Well, first is their similarities...both have cannons for throwing arms and both are tailor made for the pocket.  That's already more competition than Josh has had in his life.   Then, there is the motivation factor for Mallett.  Here, he would know at least there is chance to start in 2014, if not 2013.  Also, Mallett has a very high football IQ.
The idea would be to push Josh to his very best, but if that failed, Mallett would get his shot.  Josh needs to look over his shoulder and be concerned for his long term starter status....not look over his shoulder and laugh...that won't help Josh or the Bucs.  I also agree with BucBalla85's point regarding draft pick cost linked to pressure.

: February 08, 2013, 03:41:19 PM Sweep

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 08, 2013, 03:48:01 PM

Mallett is intriguing, I must admit. However, if we are looking for starting experience, then are we completely writing off Vick? I think Vick understands that, no matter where he goes, he will have to compete to start. He is good enough to put pressure on Freeman. What concerns me is his ability to hold up over the course of the season if he starts. Just a thought.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 08, 2013, 03:49:58 PM

Id pass.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 08, 2013, 03:56:19 PM

Well, first is their similarities...both have cannons for throwing arms and both are tailor made for the pocket.  That's already more competition than Josh has had in his life.   Then, there is the motivation factor for Mallett.  Here, he would know at least there is chance to start in 2014, if not 2013.  Also, Mallett has a very high football IQ.
The idea would be to push Josh to his very best, but if that failed, Mallett would get his shot.  Josh needs to look over his shoulder and be concerned for his long term starter status....not look over his shoulder and laugh...that won't help Josh or the Bucs.  I also agree with BucBalla85's point regarding draft pick cost linked to pressure.

Completely agree.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 08, 2013, 04:24:32 PM

Pressure to what ?? Get hooked on crystal meth ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 08, 2013, 04:45:13 PM

lol

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 08, 2013, 05:13:54 PM

Alex Smith

/flamesuiton

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 08, 2013, 05:20:49 PM

I would love to see us bring in Matt Moore. He's a solid backup and would probably come in pretty cheap.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 09, 2013, 02:05:20 AM

I think if they come out and say it's competition, it will screw up the whole season.

But I'm all for bringing in a solid backup QB and inserting him into the lineup to see what happens if freeman falls flat later in the season.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bucboi813

Starter

#28 : February 09, 2013, 04:07:33 AM

Trade freeman to kc and be done

Live free or die trying
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which Quarterback will the Buccaneers bring in to challenge Josh Freeman ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools