Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Andre Smith OT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 08, 2013, 04:02:48 PM

i'd be happy if we took the guard chance warmack

to play him where?

He would be a better, younger, healthier, cheaper option at RG.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 08, 2013, 04:25:44 PM

I believe in two years Warmack will be an elite player at his position. He reminds me of Pouncey when he came out in 2010. I always felt Joesph was overrated and would not be sad if we moved him for a draft pick

i can agree with this, but another 1st round G?  why not lane johnson, eric fisher if he slips?  id also rather barrett jones in the second rather than warmack in the 1st.  maybe not the potential, but much more versatility.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 08, 2013, 04:33:55 PM

I believe in two years Warmack will be an elite player at his position. He reminds me of Pouncey when he came out in 2010. I always felt Joesph was overrated and would not be sad if we moved him for a draft pick

i can agree with this, but another 1st round G?  why not lane johnson, eric fisher if he slips?  id also rather barrett jones in the second rather than warmack in the 1st.  maybe not the potential, but much more versatility.

Take the best player available, IMO.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 08, 2013, 04:51:30 PM

certainly a big fan of this.  but is warmack really gonna be the best player?  i find that hard to believe, simply because of a RG's impact, but who knows.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

McCoy93

Starter

#19 : February 08, 2013, 04:57:08 PM

i'd be fine with one of the tackles johnson or fisher. When i look at our line we are gonna have to start addressing some positions in the near future

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 08, 2013, 05:04:41 PM

certainly a big fan of this.  but is warmack really gonna be the best player?  i find that hard to believe, simply because of a RG's impact, but who knows.

I'm not sure he would be either, but if the Bucs have him as the top player on their board at #13 and a CB isn't 2nd or 3rd behind him...nab him and trade Davin for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 08, 2013, 05:09:01 PM

I realize Dom said he likes to get offensive linemen who are already in the NFl rather than drafting them, and that is fine to an extent, but that strategy isn't 100% feasible. We already have the highest paid O-line in the league....and you're going to go over pay a free agent RT too? At some point you have to have some cheap draft picks earn starting spots on the O-line. You just can't have half you salary cap tied up in the O-line.

Besides, doesn't this young man have a lot of attitude and maturity issues?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 08, 2013, 05:09:47 PM

Great Fit. Imagine hime and Davin on that right side . Crazy. Plus Dotson would become the best swing tackle in the league and a great Big TE in our Jumbo packages.

Still cracks me up that people think Davin is a stud at Guard.

Lol Davin is a baller.

Someone turned on the "bat signal"

Lol I knew you wouldn't miss it

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 08, 2013, 05:12:10 PM

I don't know about Warmack, but if we could get good value for Davin Joseph in a trade (really doubtful) then I'd be all for moving Zuttah back to RG and drafting Barret Jones to be our new center. Jones is a stud and Zuttah has always been better at guard....plus it would save us about $8M a year in salary cap room.

Who's going to give up much of anything for an often injured Davin Joseph, coming off IR though?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 08, 2013, 05:58:54 PM

Andre Smith? Didn't that retard try to board a plane with  a gun? Pass.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 08, 2013, 06:00:48 PM

Andre Smith? Didn't that retard try to board a plane with  a gun? Pass.
He plays for the Bengals, that's how they roll up there.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 08, 2013, 07:02:27 PM

Smith is going to be looking for a lot of money. I think Dotson has a lot of value for the contract he'll get compared to his talent and experience. Re-sign Dotson, and draft a developmental guy in the 3rd or 4th. Maybe 2nd if Fluker drops.

Davin is inconsistent, but in his defense he's always been expected to be the best O-Lineman of the group, and he was stuck next to Trueblood. I think he would have had a good year with this group, and I think he will have a good 2013.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 09, 2013, 12:54:08 AM

Smith is going to be looking for a lot of money. I think Dotson has a lot of value for the contract he'll get compared to his talent and experience. Re-sign Dotson, and draft a developmental guy in the 3rd or 4th. Maybe 2nd if Fluker drops.

Davin is inconsistent, but in his defense he's always been expected to be the best O-Lineman of the group, and he was stuck next to Trueblood. I think he would have had a good year with this group, and I think he will have a good 2013.

The thing is, he has not been the same player since his foot injury in the preseason of '08.  The expectations and being next to Trueblood have little to do with his inconsistency, losing one on one battles in the trenches, and his ineffectivity to get to the next level of defenders in run blocking situations.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 09, 2013, 01:39:43 AM

If Davin is as terrible as people here think he is, then what kind of value does he have?

bamabucs

Starter

#29 : February 09, 2013, 03:00:30 AM

i'd be happy if we took the guard chance warmack

to play him where?

Comparing Warmack to any of the Pouncey brothers is an insult to Warmack. That is how talented he is. I think if positional value wasn't such a big issue, Warmack possibly rated as the best talent in this draft as there are no holes in his game.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Andre Smith OT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools