Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn........"I know what some fans are saying about Josh" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 09, 2013, 05:53:34 PM

Freeman has played with some of the worst defenses in Buccaneer and NFL history.  I don't think he is capable of carrying the team like an elite QB, but if he is a franchise QB I would like to see a competent defense for a change.  I love defensive play, so to me that is what makes things murky.  Josh has proven he can lead come back victories and rallies.  But when he is inconstent early in games coupled with poor defensive efforts tends to brew landslide victories for opposing teams by the fourth quarter.

If Josh sinks or swims he needs to have at least a competent NFL defense.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 09, 2013, 05:54:10 PM

this seems to be a very comfortable position for some in regards to the most important position on our football team

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

danimal09

Starter

#32 : February 09, 2013, 05:58:09 PM

Some wise words from Penn. and of course the haters are here to hate some more.
: February 09, 2013, 05:59:52 PM danimal09

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 09, 2013, 06:08:07 PM

this seems to be a very comfortable position for some in regards to the most important position on our football team

I propose the same question that caradoc doesn't have the balls to answer. What specific issues did you have with Freeman in the first 13 games of the season?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 09, 2013, 06:11:29 PM

The haters refuse to acknowledge anything positive about Freeman. They also refuse to acknowledge that situations dictate how fast a QB matures and evolves. They cherry pick "facts" to support their position and attack, attack, attack. That's all they do. They make excuses for Brees who has the same W-L record and more interceptions. Ryan throws 5 interceptions in one game and has a defense strong enough to still win, and yet they expect Freeman to win with the worst pass defense in the league. The first 41 games comparison of Eli and Freeman favor Josh despite polar opposite situations in coaching and roster experience. The Jets with Sanchez are polar opposites to the Bucs and Freeman. The Jets have two QBs they can't wait to get rid of. Sanchez was never good enough and now it shows. The team can't carry him anymore. The Bucs are just now gaining the right blend of talent and experience to contend for the playoffs. A second year of decent coaching will get them there. They have the QB in Freeman. They need a decent pass defense.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 09, 2013, 06:12:19 PM

I propose the same question that caradoc doesn't have the balls to answer. What specific issues did you have with Freeman in the first 13 games of the season?

Firstly, I don't judge him by the first 13.... i judge him on his complete body of work. He's inaccurate. Inconsistant. Lacks touch on intermediate throws. Poor pocket awareness. Still locks on to receivers like a rook. And lacks the mobility of a QB that lost 25 lbs.

Anything else you'd like to know?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 09, 2013, 06:28:25 PM

Firstly, I don't judge him by the first 13.... i judge him on his complete body of work. He's inaccurate. Inconsistant. Lacks touch on intermediate throws. Poor pocket awareness. Still locks on to receivers like a rook. And lacks the mobility of a QB that lost 25 lbs.

I'd like more specific in game examples within the first 13 games.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 09, 2013, 06:32:28 PM

I'd like more specific in game examples within the first 13 games.

you're kidding, right?

big_JLB

Starter

#38 : February 09, 2013, 06:42:27 PM

he may lack the touch on intermediate throws but makes up for it with an above-average deep ball. which is why i wont rag on him about it because accuracy was never his forte to begin with. i'll agree about locking onto receivers...thats the one thing that angers me the most about him. and the lack of mobility argument i'm not buying because he clearly has the ability, and for whatever reason isn't taking advantage of it...it may be a decision made by coaches, the point is we don't know. unfortunately his unwillingness to run is now contributing to the idea that he has poor pocket awareness...however, all the sacks he avoids are evidence to the contrary.

and IMO expecting a 25 year old to perform consistently on a week-to-week basis at the hardest position on the field is the definition of

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 09, 2013, 06:59:24 PM

he may lack the touch on intermediate throws but makes up for it with an above-average deep ball.

Give me the guy that can keep the chains moving, please & thank you!!

i'll agree about locking onto receivers...thats the one thing that angers me the most about him.

I'm surprised you're able to see that with sand in your eyes

and the lack of mobility argument i'm not buying because he clearly has the ability, and for whatever reason isn't taking advantage of it...it may be a decision made by coaches, the point is we don't know. unfortunately his unwillingness to run is now contributing to the idea that he has poor pocket awareness...however, all the sacks he avoids are evidence to the contrary.

So what you're saying is both Raheem and Schiano told him to not run? Either that.... or he has no heart!!

IMO expecting a 25 year old to perform consistently on a week-to-week basis at the hardest position on the field is the definition of *head in the sand*

I would expect that in his 4th yr, we wouldn't see the same guy we saw in year 1. Thanx for reminding me though....that he is only 25.  Hopefully the light will go on before VJax retires.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 09, 2013, 07:04:16 PM

The time is now for Josh to put everything together.

Didn't we hear the same thing going into this past season?

Not really, it was his first time in that system and the team was still in transition. If he can't do good in the same system this year then it's time to move on.

big_JLB

Starter

#41 : February 09, 2013, 07:14:20 PM

he may lack the touch on intermediate throws but makes up for it with an above-average deep ball.

Give me the guy that can keep the chains moving, please & thank you!!

i'll agree about locking onto receivers...thats the one thing that angers me the most about him.

I'm surprised you're able to see that with sand in your eyes

and the lack of mobility argument i'm not buying because he clearly has the ability, and for whatever reason isn't taking advantage of it...it may be a decision made by coaches, the point is we don't know. unfortunately his unwillingness to run is now contributing to the idea that he has poor pocket awareness...however, all the sacks he avoids are evidence to the contrary.

So what you're saying is both Raheem and Schiano told him to not run? Either that.... or he has no heart!!

IMO expecting a 25 year old to perform consistently on a week-to-week basis at the hardest position on the field is the definition of *head in the sand*

I would expect that in his 4th yr, we wouldn't see the same guy we saw in year 1. Thanx for reminding me though....that he is only 25.  Hopefully the light will go on before VJax retires.

sorry, there just aren't enough negatives right now for me to outweigh the positives that he's shown throughout his time here...most of it spent with a team with nowhere near enough talent for him to overcome all on his own. i'm sure you yourself would say that this year's team was far from complete, and its the best one he's had. and thats the thing with an "inconsistent" QB, especially one with the talent that freeman has, you need a team that is good enough to win a game when he's not at his best. we've all seen him be able to win a game on his own, because he's good enough to do it, but honestly when have you felt that the team could win even if he was having a bad game during his time as a starter? actually think about it...

trust me, if he's a donkey next year i'll admit i was wrong and agree that there needs to be a change, but i witnessed for a 5 game span some things i never dreamed i would see a bucs offence do, and thats enough for me to look past that rough skid that i think is still negatively impacting a lot of people's perception, and some of the less flattering and sometimes frustrating aspects of his game...for now. its possible to be positive and be logical about things at the same time
: February 09, 2013, 07:17:40 PM big_JLB

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 09, 2013, 07:16:03 PM

Not really, it was his first time in that system and the team was still in transition. If he can't do good in the same system this year then it's time to move on.

I believe it was something along the lines of "lets see what Josh can do with some real weapons". Well he was given those in abundance yet, the excuses persist. Truth is.... every player in the league deals with some form of adversity. Its being able to handle it and thrive under those conditions that separates the average from good.... and good from great. At this point i fear we'll be having this same conversation a year from now.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 09, 2013, 07:56:48 PM

I believe it was something along the lines of "lets see what Josh can do with some real weapons". .

#9 offense

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 09, 2013, 08:13:24 PM

I believe it was something along the lines of "lets see what Josh can do with some real weapons". Well he was given those in abundance yet, the excuses persist. Truth is.... every player in the league deals with some form of adversity. Its being able to handle it and thrive under those conditions that separates the average from good.... and good from great. At this point i fear we'll be having this same conversation a year from now.
If the Bucs had defense I could see 3 of those games being wins because they came down to defensive performance. Carson Palmer destroyed Tampa through the air that says a lot. Don't forget They almost had two 1000 yard WRs. Give him a slot man or a TE who can work the inside. Much like the Falcons offense is built.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn........"I know what some fans are saying about Josh" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools