Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn........"I know what some fans are saying about Josh" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 09, 2013, 09:22:55 AM

Because of teams like the eagles, who beat the pass defense down with FOLES?

Yeah. Again, I'm not going to blame freeman for wimpy QB's looking like they're playing madden against the bucs weekly.

that foles kid did a number on a couple of guys named claiborne and carr as well.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 09, 2013, 09:26:04 AM

my favorite 2 quotes from this thread.

"I'm looking forward to this coaching staff with a year under their belt. I know Greg Schiano is sitting down every day dissecting the season. That makes me excited as a player, knowing how much work my coach is putting in to make it right.

"It's part of the game. As quick as they turn, that's how quick they will turn right back.

schiano, sheridan, fraser, davis, and wannstedt sitting down tweaking the pass coverages.  and of course the second line...what have you done for me lately?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 09, 2013, 10:32:57 AM

Because of teams like the eagles, who beat the pass defense down with FOLES?

Yeah. Again, I'm not going to blame freeman for wimpy QB's looking like they're playing madden against the bucs weekly.

that foles kid did a number on a couple of guys named claiborne and carr as well.
   Yes he did. Foles may REALLY be "The Answer" in Philadelphia, not that basketball guy from a few years back... ;D. The kid has looked impressive!

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 09, 2013, 11:54:13 AM

So do I.  In fact, I find it not only hard, but impossible to blame Josh for the pass defense.

OTOH, many people seem to blame the pass defense for Josh's failures.  Strange.

What specifically were his failures in the first 13 games? I'll give you the Dallas game.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 09, 2013, 12:18:13 PM

I think Fans want Josh to be Brady to much. Josh will forever be a grinder, He will never be the type of QB to take games over. For Josh to improve he will have to be on a team built like the 49ers and Baltimore.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 09, 2013, 12:36:40 PM

Josh will forever be a grinder, He will never be the type of QB to take games over. For Josh to improve he will have to be on a team built like the 49ers and Baltimore.

this type of QB can be replaced, right?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 09, 2013, 02:59:41 PM

Josh will forever be a grinder, He will never be the type of QB to take games over. For Josh to improve he will have to be on a team built like the 49ers and Baltimore.

this type of QB can be replaced, right?

Right now yes. After this season we will know because he came into the NFL as a project much like Flacco and others. The time is now for Josh to put everything together. Some good QBs worth drafting next year just in case.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 09, 2013, 03:11:35 PM

I can understand concern about Freeman's development  . I'm concerned also. What I don't understand is the non-stop vitriol . Every thread that mentions him the same guys come in and pile on  .

Like him or not , he's our QB for at least one more season.  There's no one better to acquire. What are you a-holes trying to accomplish exactly ??

This.

For the people who come into every single thread just to bash Freeman (caradoc, hate, etc), we understand you don't like Freeman, just shut up about it already.

Like others have said, I really think some people here would rather see Freeman fail just to say that they were right about him. Sad.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 09, 2013, 03:58:11 PM

The time is now for Josh to put everything together.

Didn't we hear the same thing going into this past season?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 09, 2013, 04:15:22 PM

For the people who come into every single thread just to bash Freeman (caradoc, hate, etc), we understand you don't like Freeman, just shut up about it already.

GTFOH!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 09, 2013, 04:28:26 PM

GTFOH!!

Most of the "bashing" that is being complained about, is really just responses to stupid points/comparisons/defenses/excuses, rather than defamatory remarks towards/about Freeman. There are definitely some valid points brought up on the side that defends Freeman tooth and nail...then there is the stupidity that comes from people that claim that the last three games of the year were "glorified pre-season games". Simply ridiculous.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 09, 2013, 05:15:19 PM

People come here and post how wonderful Josh is are just voicing their opinion.  People who counter that criticism are engaging in hate speech. 

Of course, it's hard to take guys like RGS seriously when they admit they find it impossible tell if a QB is going through their progressions.  And of course, the fact that most of us he claims "just hate Josh" were defending him even into the beginning of this year seems lost on him.  If you disagree, you are a hater, plain and simple.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 09, 2013, 05:28:36 PM

GTFOH!!

Most of the "bashing" that is being complained about, is really just responses to stupid points/comparisons/defenses/excuses, rather than defamatory remarks towards/about Freeman. There are definitely some valid points brought up on the side that defends Freeman tooth and nail...then there is the stupidity that comes from people that claim that the last three games of the year were "glorified pre-season games". Simply ridiculous.

I'm fine with people criticizing the guy with valid points, but people like caradoc who bump up old Freeman threads and come into every thread and say "He's only 25 now guys!" are the ones I am referring too and I think everyone else is too.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 09, 2013, 05:31:45 PM

caradoc answer the question, what specific issues did you have with Freeman in the first 13 games of the season.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 09, 2013, 05:34:31 PM

People come here and post how wonderful Josh is are just voicing their opinion.  People who counter that criticism are engaging in hate speech. 

Of course, it's hard to take guys like RGS seriously when they admit they find it impossible tell if a QB is going through their progressions.  And of course, the fact that most of us he claims "just hate Josh" were defending him even into the beginning of this year seems lost on him.  If you disagree, you are a hater, plain and simple.

No, bumping old Freeman threads and coming into new one's with the same sarcastic remark everytime or putting him down is what people get annoyed at.

I never said it was impossible to see if a QB is going through his progressions, I said it is hard to tell when you're watching the games because you can't see where his eyes are looking.

People can criticize Freeman, I have no problem with that because obviously the guy is far from being perfect and has some flaws in his game. I have agreed with multiple people who have criticized Freeman and have pointed out some of his flaws.

And it's so ironic how you bring up how everyone calls you a hater because you do the same exact thing. Whenever people defend Freeman, you call us "Freepologists" or say the people are making excuses.

: February 09, 2013, 05:36:11 PM RogerGoodellSucks

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn........"I know what some fans are saying about Josh" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools