Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn........"I know what some fans are saying about Josh" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#120 : February 11, 2013, 11:35:47 AM

Last season he had all the pieces on offense.  The #1 WR, great RB. Experienced TE.   We should of had a wildcard IMO.

#9 offense
#29 offense

When your QB has 20 TDs and 4 INTs over a 9 game stretch and you only go 5-4 there's a serious problem with the team, and it's not the QB.

Your cherry picking ability knows no bounds. It's truly a gift.

You can choose to ignore the bad when it comes to Freeman, and while he did play well at times in '12, the dude did falter and played below average down the stretch in weeks 11, 13, 14, 15, and 16....which heavily contributed to them being eliminated.

Nobody denies that Freeman had bad games, but he also had enough good games to get close to the playoffs if not for the worst Pass defense in the league.

Yes, there are those who deny that Freeman played bad after the Dallas debacle. JC5100 is one of them. My post was not blaming Freeman for not making the playoffs, nor was it denying that the pass D was terrible...it was however, debunking the stupidity put forth by the master of cherry picking. It a myth that Freeman played great in the last two months of the season while defense was dreadful. The defense was dreadful, but Freeman wasn't very good as well. They missed the playoffs as a team. Who knows...it could be a good thing that they missed the playoffs and could help get this team (including Freeman) motivated and help them to get to the postseason. I honestly hope Freeman succeeds, but I also wont blindly accept random stats and pretend that I didn't see very concerning things about Freeman that have been present his entire career. Hopefully the argument that he will be better in his 2nd year in this system and working with Sully, is a valid one and we see some improvement.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#121 : February 11, 2013, 11:43:54 AM

Chace,

Not only did he finish the season poorly, he started the season just as poorly.  He turned his game up in the second half against the Redskins and went on a roll.  The roll included handing the ball off to a very hot Doug Martin as well. 

In the end, I do wonder how things would have ended up had we played better defense.  Yet, the defense would have been better at times without the offensive struggles.  I think Penn has a point, but I'm not buying it in regards to Freeman.  Get busy proving you belong or get busy finding your place on the bench.

Yes, he did start poorly...but that to me is a little less concerning, because I do feel that there is something to the "needed to adjust to the new system" argument. However, like you said, they did offensively get on a roll in the second half of the Skins' game and I feel that argument doesn't hold much water after the first few games. I won't deny that there were some really good moments from Freeman. For the first time in his career, he put together multiple games where he played well for 4 qtrs...he just couldn't maintain down the stretch. Everyone knows that the defense needs to get better, but the offense was stagnant quite a bit and is not blameless. Everyone needs to step it up next year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

ehinote

Starter
#122 : February 11, 2013, 01:14:25 PM

Ah... he had a QB rating of 68.3 over the last 7 games of the year.  That's almost half the season.  Not good at all!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#123 : February 11, 2013, 04:04:48 PM

I've stated this multiple times....for me, its not about missing the playoffs as i know the defense sux. My point remains that improving the defense isn't gonna improve his accuracy. Its not gonna improve his pocket awareness. Its not gonna stop him from locking onto WRs. Its not gonna enhance his mobility. And it sure as hell ain't gonna stop him from checking out mentally.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#124 : February 11, 2013, 05:10:11 PM

I've stated this multiple times....for me, its not about missing the playoffs as i know the defense sux. My point remains that improving the defense isn't gonna improve his accuracy. Its not gonna improve his pocket awareness. Its not gonna stop him from locking onto WRs. Its not gonna enhance his mobility. And it sure as hell ain't gonna stop him from checking out mentally.

He's a gamer. Will never be accurate. Pocket Awareness wasn't all that bad he was only sacked 26 times.  Having 2 WRs almost at 1000 yards, he locks on but not bad enough to hurt his game. Give him a slot man or a good TE everything will look better. Who has Josh had that could get separation at the TE position since Winslow checkout? Give the kid some playmakers. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#125 : February 11, 2013, 05:16:19 PM

I SO agree with Hate.  Defense has NOTHING to do with the issues he listed.  In the end, I don't really believe anything will change that.  He is who he is...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#126 : February 11, 2013, 06:33:18 PM

He's a gamer. Will never be accurate. Pocket Awareness wasn't all that bad he was only sacked 26 times.  Having 2 WRs almost at 1000 yards, he locks on but not bad enough to hurt his game. Give him a slot man or a good TE everything will look better. Who has Josh had that could get separation at the TE position since Winslow checkout? Give the kid some playmakers.

this.  give the man an all pro slot WR and all pro TE.  with those 2 minor additions to our one time probowl LT, probowl LG, probowl RG, probowl WR1, probowl RB, and dadgum good WR2 and you guys will see the real freeman.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#127 : February 11, 2013, 07:28:26 PM

this.  give the man an all pro slot WR and all pro TE.  with those 2 minor additions to our one time probowl LT, probowl LG, probowl RG, probowl WR1, probowl RB, and dadgum good WR2 and you guys will see the real freeman.

Nah, we'll still need 2 probowl CB's a probowl safety, and a probowl DE.  THEN you'll see the real Josh.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#128 : February 11, 2013, 07:39:20 PM

Chace says those pro bowl OLineman really suck , so you can't count them .  8)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#129 : February 11, 2013, 08:36:18 PM

well damn.....who in the hell have we been watching for the past 3 yrs?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#130 : February 11, 2013, 09:06:32 PM

A QB that came into the NFL as a known Project. Also playing on a team that isn't complete with the tools he needs to win. He's getting there just has to be consistent and I think he will show that this year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#131 : February 11, 2013, 09:11:46 PM

Hate

Hall of Famer
#132 : February 11, 2013, 10:20:00 PM

A QB that came into the NFL as a known Project. Also playing on a team that isn't complete with the tools he needs to win. He's getting there just has to be consistent and I think he will show that this year.

I know that feeling well

Redwave

Second String

#133 : February 12, 2013, 12:51:48 AM

The Defensive Secondary sucked, and therefore Freeman's not a real problem argument just don't hold any water. You have to be able to separate the two. They both need serious improvement.
Either will help the team win games, which is undeniably the most critical issue. And getting Freeman an all-world slot receiver would be like getting a blind man a ninja motorcycle. Without a sudden & complete transformation, there's not a damn thing he could do with it.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#134 : February 12, 2013, 06:25:49 AM

How about a slot WR and TE who don't already have one foot out of the league?

It's pretty clear what the Freeman is. 25/6 in 2010. 25/8 while the team was alive in 2012.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn........"I know what some fans are saying about Josh" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools