Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

: February 09, 2013, 05:51:59 PM

This article(4 days ago) from pft says we are "poised to release him" http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/05/bucs-are-poised-to-sever-ties-with-eric-wright

Its certainly a no brainer considering we don't owe him a penny after his suspension. Plus his huge contract. If you think we have a lot of cap now wait til we cut him. But get it done already! Jeez..whatcha waiting for dom?

Go Bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 09, 2013, 06:42:21 PM

Perhaps he still has a little trade value? If we can get even a 7th round pick, why not trade him rather than cut him? Might be a valid reason...I just don't know all the details.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 09, 2013, 06:54:32 PM

I hope we cut him away. If Dom waits until a disadvantageous date for Wright, so be it. F that guy, imo. ;)

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 09, 2013, 06:56:35 PM

OR they are working on a restructure?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 09, 2013, 07:00:08 PM

Sure as hell hope not.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 09, 2013, 07:03:07 PM

Sure as hell hope not.

I do.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 09, 2013, 07:03:33 PM

This article(4 days ago) from pft says we are "poised to release him" http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/05/bucs-are-poised-to-sever-ties-with-eric-wright

Its certainly a no brainer considering we don't owe him a penny after his suspension. Plus his huge contract. If you think we have a lot of cap now wait til we cut him. But get it done already! Jeez..whatcha waiting for dom?

whats the rush?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 09, 2013, 07:06:52 PM

this^

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#8 : February 09, 2013, 07:13:07 PM

I wouldnt mind a restructure if he makes about half as much as hes making now. as far as trading him i doubt any team would touch that contract.

Go Bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 09, 2013, 07:24:10 PM

I wouldnt mind a restructure if he makes about half as much as hes making now. as far as trading him i doubt any team would touch that contract.

You are correct. I incorrectly thought that his bonus was voided, which would make his yearly salary acceptable, but all that was voided was the guaranteed aspect. Nothing is guaranteed now, but his base salary is still $7.5M. Nobody will touch that nonsense.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 09, 2013, 07:49:47 PM

Besides who in the hell cares about the Glazerhouses money? It's not your money....

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 09, 2013, 08:14:29 PM

...might have something to do with FA or the draft. I would assume MD is trying to trade him.

HolyBuc

Starter
#12 : February 09, 2013, 08:14:34 PM

It wouldn't shock me if Wright was on the roster thru Free Agency and the Draft.  Making sure we have something to replace him with first or maybe making it seem like CB isn't as big of need as everyone thinks (not that anyone would believe that).  Then use his salary to extend Mike Williams.  Of course that be a ugly move for Wright if you keep him on the roster for the first month and half of FA.  Not sure Bucs brass would care about that. 

Aren't all the veterans getting released out of their contracts right now available to be signed by a new team immediately?  Maybe they are waiting for Free Agemcy to get closer.  This year teams get to negotiate with players starting March 9th but players can't be signed till March 12th at 4 p.m.   I can't see Schiano and Dominik not having a plan on when they want to release Eric Wright and the silence coming out of OBP about it speaks volumes to me.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 09, 2013, 08:24:11 PM

I don't see any trade value.  Other teams can just wait to he gets cut,  and talk to him then.  I doubt there will be a line of teams wanting to sign him.

I can't see him re-upping here.  Even without the off field stuff, he wasn't all that anyway.  I assume Dom gets at least 2 or 3 CB's either in the draft or free agency.  So I can't see where he would fit in. I think they want Leonard and Biggers around to develop.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 09, 2013, 08:43:14 PM

Yeah, well they can try and maybe find some sucker out there to trade with. If not, no loss. Don't see the point in releasing him at this juncture, however.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why havent we released eric wright yet? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools