Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 ... 612

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#3690 : March 20, 2013, 09:21:23 PM

Doug martin- Great player but lets not get too excited because we all blew our loads early on Caddy
Mark Barron- Didnt really impress me this year but I believe he has all the tools/talent to be great in this league
Adrian Clayborn- Huge fan of his but his erb palsy and season ending injury last year scares me
Gmac- Great player when healthy but 2 season injuries vs 1 healthy season is concerning
Josh Freeman- I hope this kid succeeds but lets face it no wanted him in 2009 and he might be playing for the cardinals this time next year

The last GOOD draft was 1995 courtesy of Sam Wyche. you may be right in the contract/money aspect of things but talking about the talent aspect of things, the bucs aren't too great at finding it in the first rounds.

The last good draft was 2012.

Those last five first round picks I listed, the Bucs wouldn't trade any of them straight up for Revis.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#3691 : March 20, 2013, 09:25:03 PM

Well, Captain is staying with the Panthers.

#BucsCBproblems

rikes

Starter

#3692 : March 20, 2013, 09:25:21 PM

The Jets would only accept dougie for Revis

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#3693 : March 20, 2013, 09:25:38 PM

Doug martin- Great player but lets not get too excited because we all blew our loads early on Caddy
Mark Barron- Didnt really impress me this year but I believe he has all the tools/talent to be great in this league
Adrian Clayborn- Huge fan of his but his erb palsy and season ending injury last year scares me
Gmac- Great player when healthy but 2 season injuries vs 1 healthy season is concerning
Josh Freeman- I hope this kid succeeds but lets face it no wanted him in 2009 and he might be playing for the cardinals this time next year

The last GOOD draft was 1995 courtesy of Sam Wyche. you may be right in the contract/money aspect of things but talking about the talent aspect of things, the bucs aren't too great at finding it in the first rounds.

Those last five first round picks I listed, the Bucs wouldn't trade any of them straight up for Revis.

They wouldn't? I wouldn't trade McCoy or Martin for Revis. Clayborn Freeman or Barron? All day.

Go Bucs

youngone

Hall of Famer
#3694 : March 20, 2013, 09:27:38 PM

They wouldn't? I wouldn't trade McCoy or Martin for Revis. Clayborn Freeman or Barron? All day.

I agree.. I wouldn't want to see Barron go but I'd get over it.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#3695 : March 20, 2013, 09:33:20 PM

Positionally, you would never trade your starting QB for another position.

Clayborn plays a more important position and costs less over the next three seasons than one year of Revis. Barron has four years left for less, total, than one year of Revis.

Revis is better at his position than any of those players are at theirs, but that isn't the biggest criteria in doing a deal. Good players in their rookie deals are imperative for a team to be able to have a legit shot at winning and winning continuously.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#3696 : March 20, 2013, 09:50:58 PM

They'd probably trade Barron for him without sneezing.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#3697 : March 20, 2013, 09:53:49 PM

why exactly does AC's erb palsy scare you?? really???

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3698 : March 20, 2013, 09:56:48 PM

no comparison

-------------------------------------------------------

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3699 : March 20, 2013, 10:32:25 PM

They'd probably trade Barron for him without sneezing.

I would hope so.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#3700 : March 20, 2013, 10:36:49 PM

I wouldn't trade any of them straight up for Revis. Why would you trade any of your young building blocks for a 28 year old contract diva coming off an ACL injury? Nobody even knows how this guy is going to respond from that injury. If he was healthy, maybe. Otherwise it is foolishness, IMO.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#3701 : March 20, 2013, 10:39:01 PM

Trading any of the core players is dumb.

Can't make a hole to fill one.   Players are a finite resource

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#3702 : March 20, 2013, 10:39:41 PM

I wouldn't trade any of them straight up for Revis. Why would you trade any of your young building blocks for a 28 year old contract diva coming off an ACL injury? Nobody even knows how this guy is going to respond from that injury. If he was healthy, maybe. Otherwise it is foolishness, IMO.
Um so why why are we talking about trading these guys?? umm you guys no thats not even being discussed right?  ???

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3703 : March 20, 2013, 10:43:35 PM

As far as trading players for Revis, I don't think the Jets would be interested.  They really need the draft picks.  With that new GM, they are definitely in rebuild mode. They definitely don't need to trade for players with huge salaries.  The draft picks will be cheap salaries, at least for 3-4 years or whatever.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#3704 : March 20, 2013, 10:44:19 PM

Um so why why are we talking about trading these guys?? umm you guys no thats not even being discussed right?  ???

It's a discussion of value. It's a forum, not a negotiation with the Jets.

Page: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools