Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 ... 612

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#4650 : March 26, 2013, 02:34:33 PM

I say we restructure Myrons deal. What would you all say to 13 mil a year? 5 year deal?

Thats Revis money. Lets give him Lewis money. 16 a year for 10 years sounds great.

BING! Mark make this happen, bet the farm on Myron. He'll save us of all this misery.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#4651 : March 26, 2013, 02:34:53 PM

Quote from: BucBalla85
Quote from: Native Buc
I say we restructure Myrons deal. What would you all say to 13 mil a year? 5 year deal?
Thats Revis money. Lets give him Lewis money. 16 a year for 10 years sounds great.

Yeah, no way Batman is going to take Robin money. If you want Batman, you gotta pay for it. 160 million over 10 years sounds about right.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#4652 : March 26, 2013, 02:37:18 PM

Quote from: Native Buc

Not before we trade this year's first and next year's first to the Jets.

LMFAO Yes. Mark calls New York: "Ya we restructured our 5th string CB for life... Here's our 1st and 2nd this year. We appreciate you saving us the mistake of trading for the best CB in the NFL. Thanks."

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#4653 : March 26, 2013, 02:41:04 PM

Watch Myron Lewis come out this year and ball. He's got all the size and athletic attributes you could ask for from the new "in thing" of tall corners. Revis could teach him a lot and take a ton of the pressure off him. I'm thinking he either has a GREAT year and finally figures it all out....or gets injured and doesn't do a damn thing. There will be no middle ground.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4654 : March 26, 2013, 02:41:44 PM

Myron Lewis confuses me, at this point there is no potential. There is only what he is, which is someone who apparently couldn't be out Leo Johnson and Danny Gorrer

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#4655 : March 26, 2013, 02:51:43 PM

Some of the latest garbage around the internet on the Revis project...

Quote from: Scott Salmon, SB Nation
Is A Revis Trade Imminent?

"... It's now on GM John Idzik to find the sweet spot on how long to keep them waiting. Wait too long, and the Buccaneers will be forced to find alternative options, thus ruining the market. Trade too quickly, and you won't maximize what they're willing to pay. Find the sweet spot, and you can milk it for all it's worth..... "

Link: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/3/26/4149198/is-a-revis-trade-imminent

Quote from: Phillip Sander, BucsNation
Revis trade rumors: Buccaneers badly want Darrelle Revis

"... I remain convinced that this trade will happen. In part because the Buccaneers can't afford not to make it happen. What's the alternative, going into the season with two rookies starting at cornerback? Not even Patrick Peterson (or Darrelle Revis) had a good rookie season. It just takes time for rookies to adjust to playing cornerback, more so than at many other positions.... "

Link: http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/3/26/4149230/revis-trade-rumors-buccaneers-jets-darrelle-revis

Quote from: ESPN
Video: On the clock -- Revis dilemma?

"... New York has Revis under contract for one more season and probably cannot afford to sign him to a long-term extension in 2014. The franchise tag also is not an option, thanks to language in Revis contract. The Jets reportedly are exploring what they can get for Revis now, as opposed to letting him play out the season and risk losing their best player with zero compensation... "

Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/56725/video-on-the-clock-revis-dilemma

Quote from: Andy Schmidt, Rant Sports
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Must Make Darrelle Revis Trade Happen

"... The time has come for the team to pull the trigger on this trade and get Revis to the Buccaneers. Im sure the other teams in the NFC South dont want to see that happen because if it does, I think Tampa finishes at least 9-7 and in second place next season..."
Link: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/26/tampa-bay-buccaneers-must-make-darrelle-revis-trade-happen/

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4656 : March 26, 2013, 02:52:18 PM

Myron Lewis confuses me, at this point there is no potential. There is only what he is, which is someone who apparently couldn't be out Leo Johnson and Danny Gorrer

Myron Lewis problem is his footwork and toughness. I agree his potential is out the door, but we haven't seen enough of him to know what he is. If the guy would just stop getting hurt. This will be Myron last year anyway...if he makes it out of TC.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#4657 : March 26, 2013, 02:52:44 PM

Quote from: The Franchi5e
Watch Myron Lewis come out this year and ball. He's got all the size and athletic attributes you could ask for from the new "in thing" of tall corners. Revis could teach him a lot and take a ton of the pressure off him. I'm thinking he either has a GREAT year and finally figures it all out....or gets injured and doesn't do a damn thing. There will be no middle ground.

I thought he'd do better under Schiano's style of coaching. Vanderbilt was a high discipline program. Didn't see it last year either though.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#4658 : March 26, 2013, 02:57:41 PM

I keep hearing that the Bucs want Revis so bad. If they are dead set on him then just get it out of the damn way already. Your going to have to give up a arm and a leg either way.

Trade for Revis
Draft best avail CB
L Johnson and a FA can battle it out for Nickle.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4659 : March 26, 2013, 03:01:22 PM

I keep hearing that the Bucs want Revis so bad. If they are dead set on him then just get it out of the damn way already. Your going to have to give up a arm and a leg either way.

Trade for Revis
Draft best avail CB
L Johnson and a FA can battle it out for Nickle.

I'd be fine with this scenario. It's taking to long because Dom isn't caving. Just before the draft when Idzke realizes Dom's offer is the best offer he'll pull the trigger and we'll have Revis, then he'll draft Rhodes, hopefully, and we'll be fine.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#4660 : March 26, 2013, 03:02:58 PM

Revis and Rhodes will give me some serious peace of mind.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4661 : March 26, 2013, 03:03:56 PM

Revis and Rhodes will give me some serious peace of mind.
Nice duo.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4662 : March 26, 2013, 03:22:55 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/report-gay-player-strongly-considering-coming-out/

I wonder if it's Revis

Not likely.

Awww: Jets superstar cornerback Darrelle Revis might be an island on the field, but off the field he's a doting dad to his adorable little daughter. Here they are together after she scored first place in some kind of throwdown competition.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4663 : March 26, 2013, 03:40:54 PM

has anyone put the connection of Idzik working for the Bucs for several years and knowing MD and the Glazers quite well into the equation? You know its quite possible for them to already have the deal worked out and are just waiting for a more opportune time to announce and finalize the deal. Maybe a time like the day of the draft? Jets picking at 9 could be looking to move up and don't want teams to know they have a bunch of ammo to do so. It would help them avoid someone leapfrogging somewhat  for a player the Jets really want(QB?)

Either way, we know something is up. Bucs haven't flinched in FA and haven't made any real moves to aquire any CB. Theres a bunch of history between Idzik and the Bucs and no one is really talking about it. Theres tons of speculative/opinion reports, but nothing from either team leaking any info. I really don't see FAs being signed or not being signed as any sort of major leverage for either team as much as people like to reference the fact.

Im guessing we here something towards the end of April.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#4664 : March 26, 2013, 04:06:23 PM

If this thing drags out all the way til the end of April I'm gonna be pissed. I also have a feeling that Rex Ryan is pushing for them to either not trade him at all, or at the very least make sure to get a 1st rounder this year so he's not stuck with a crap team still while he's on the hot seat. But then again I don't think that Idzik would really give a crap about Ryan since he didn't hire him in the first place.
Page: 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools