Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 ... 612

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4680 : March 27, 2013, 12:14:32 AM

has anyone put the connection of Idzik working for the Bucs for several years and knowing MD and the Glazers quite well into the equation? You know its quite possible for them to already have the deal worked out and are just waiting for a more opportune time to announce and finalize the deal. Maybe a time like the day of the draft? Jets picking at 9 could be looking to move up and don't want teams to know they have a bunch of ammo to do so. It would help them avoid someone leapfrogging somewhat  for a player the Jets really want(QB?)

Either way, we know something is up. Bucs haven't flinched in FA and haven't made any real moves to aquire any CB. Theres a bunch of history between Idzik and the Bucs and no one is really talking about it. Theres tons of speculative/opinion reports, but nothing from either team leaking any info. I really don't see FAs being signed or not being signed as any sort of major leverage for either team as much as people like to reference the fact.

Im guessing we here something towards the end of April.

It's not like Idzik is the only one involved in the trade. The whole Jets front office would have that information, and that information would be easily leaked.

really? then wheres all this information that we are missing? why is everyone in the dark? Why are the only reports coming out coming from talking heads? Why are all of those reports just speculation without any type of confirmation to any of it?

I mean it should be easily leaked right? we should have a ticker of updating info on the hour if its so easily leaked.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4681 : March 27, 2013, 01:00:48 AM

Revis trade rumors: Buccaneers badly want Darrelle Revis

By Sander Philipse

on Mar 26 2013, 12:47p

Dale Zanine-US PRESSWIRE

Oh, you thought the saga was over after not having read anything new on Revis for a few days? Hah, fooled you! the Buccaneers still want Darrelle Revis. The New York Jets still want to trade him. The two sides just can't come to terms for some idiotic reason. A trade is likely to get done before the draft, though perhaps not very far before the draft. Anyway, here's Stephen Holder basically saying what we all already knew.

Stephen Holder @HolderStephen

@W9DVM Actually, I'm not confused at all. It's simple: Bucs want Revis -- bad. End of story. Doesn't mean it will happen, but that's a fact

4:16 PM - 26 Mar 13

I remain convinced that this trade will happen. In part because the Buccaneers can't afford not to make it happen. What's the alternative, going into the season with two rookies starting at cornerback? Not even Patrick Peterson (or Darrelle Revis) had a good rookie season. It just takes time for rookies to adjust to playing cornerback, more so than at many other positions.

The Bucs aren't necessarily in a hurry, though. The cornerback market isn't going to look drastically different three months from now, old veterans being the only viable additions left. At this point it doesn't really matter whether the trade gets done now or in three months. As long as it gets done.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/3/26/4149230/revis-trade-rumors-buccaneers-jets-darrelle-revis/in/3860609

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4682 : March 27, 2013, 01:07:21 AM

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#4683 : March 27, 2013, 01:43:41 AM

Good news that we still want him bad. Was starting to wonder. Hopefully we make it happen!

Go Bucs

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4684 : March 27, 2013, 07:59:22 AM

You know sometimes you have to act disinterested in the pretty girl for her to like you back. Let's try that. I say we change our offer to only a 2nd rounder and see what the Jet's have to say.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4685 : March 27, 2013, 08:02:05 AM

I never like seeing a report like we want him bad. That creates, as does our overall inaction, desperation and desperation is when you wind up grossly overpaying. Keeping in mind we have to gain any sort of leverage both on the Jets AND Revis' agent because at this point both have to be licking their lips.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4686 : March 27, 2013, 08:03:40 AM

Did we get him yet ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4687 : March 27, 2013, 08:13:32 AM

I never like seeing a report like we want him bad. That creates, as does our overall inaction, desperation and desperation is when you wind up grossly overpaying. Keeping in mind we have to gain any sort of leverage both on the Jets AND Revis' agent because at this point both have to be licking their lips.
Agree with most of this.

Except if Revis's agent is licking his lips, it might mean Greedy is properly satiated to stop braying about his coffers of gold and platinum. Which is sort of good. Except for the salary cap.
: March 27, 2013, 08:20:03 AM Boid Fink

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#4688 : March 27, 2013, 08:18:28 AM

The Bucs has too many issues to address to go all out for Revis.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4689 : March 27, 2013, 09:12:35 AM

Problem with that NC is that Dom uses that as an excuse to fill none of them.

In Verner We Trust

Champ29

Rookie

#4690 : March 27, 2013, 10:33:41 AM

i badly want revis too....weve been missing out on all the good FA CB so we better land him

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4691 : March 27, 2013, 10:38:25 AM

Theres a lot of pressure on Dom to make this deal happen. Theres also a lot of pressure that if he does make it happen that he doesnt give up too much. I think they will give up a 1st rounder when its all said and done. I hope not though.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#4692 : March 27, 2013, 10:44:20 AM

Watch Myron Lewis come out this year and ball. He's got all the size and athletic attributes you could ask for from the new "in thing" of tall corners. Revis could teach him a lot and take a ton of the pressure off him. I'm thinking he either has a GREAT year and finally figures it all out....or gets injured and doesn't do a damn thing. There will be no middle ground.

Yeah right, I've seen Myron up close at practice. Nothing I saw made me think this guy could start let alone be great.

Champ29

Rookie

#4693 : March 27, 2013, 10:44:47 AM

im thinking 1st and 2nd next year and maybe blount

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4694 : March 27, 2013, 12:20:27 PM

So we know that the Bucs have people that monitor this board daily...

I wonder if the Jets have the same ?

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
Page: 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools