Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 ... 612

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4830 : March 28, 2013, 12:34:54 AM

This would assume that those draft picks translate into 4-5 starters

I was only assuming one draft pick in my scenario, but the two free agents signed with Revis money would definitely start. You could also go with less pricey free agents and sign Sean Smith, Rogers-Cromartie and Amendola and fill three starting spots and the return job for roughly the same cost of Revis. And then still draft Jarvis Jones or whatever.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4831 : March 28, 2013, 01:00:25 AM

I was only assuming one draft pick in my scenario, but the two free agents signed with Revis money would definitely start. You could also go with less pricey free agents and sign Sean Smith, Rogers-Cromartie and Amendola and fill three starting spots and the return job for roughly the same cost of Revis. And then still draft Jarvis Jones or whatever.

too late for that now

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4832 : March 28, 2013, 01:13:29 AM

One day, sports radio will endlessly argue about who the greatest athlete to ever wear #23 and all of the listeners will groan at the ridiculousness of it all since the answer is obvious and the obvious is Myron.
anyone who disagrees is a communist

Your Daddy

Second String

#4833 : March 28, 2013, 01:14:40 AM

I'm more curious as to who the other possible players in benchwarmers scenario would be? 

Blount would be the obvious answer from our side
Wright has been said to be on the block and would help add depth to their now depleted secondary.
Meredith has also been rumored to be available, and the Jets need help all over their roster.
My surprise option would be Davin Joseph.  Does his contract make him untradeable?  The Jets have needs on the O-line, and it would explain why they backed off of a 1st round pick to get a former pro-bowl G.  The Bucs have also reportedly shown interest in some OG prospects (Winters, Quessenberry, Tretter) who are projected to go in the 3-5 round range.

From the Jets side there aren't many options that would be enticing for the Bucs.
Joe McKnight is a guy that could bring some KR ability and a change of pace back, and he's still young. 
Jeremy Kerley may be expendable with Holmes coming back and Hill being a high draft pick with upside. Like McKnight, he's young, would add offensive explosiveness, and KR/PR ability.
I'm sure there are others, but their roster really is horrible.

I'd be pissed if we traded Joseph. I am excited to see what our line looks like with a healthy Nicks and Joseph.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#4834 : March 28, 2013, 01:38:38 AM

I'm more curious as to who the other possible players in benchwarmers scenario would be? 

Wright has been said to be on the block and would help add depth to their now depleted secondary.
Meredith has also been rumored to be available, and the Jets need help all over their roster.
My surprise option would be Davin Joseph.  Does his contract make him untradeable?  The Jets have needs on the O-line, and it would explain why they backed off of a 1st round pick to get a former pro-bowl G.  The Bucs have also reportedly shown interest in some OG prospects (Winters, Quessenberry, Tretter) who are projected to go in the 3-5 round range.

From the Jets side there aren't many options that would be enticing for the Bucs.
Joe McKnight is a guy that could bring some KR ability and a change of pace back, and he's still young. 
Jeremy Kerley may be expendable with Holmes coming back and Hill being a high draft pick with upside. Like McKnight, he's young, would add offensive explosiveness, and KR/PR ability.

I'd be pissed if we traded Joseph. I am excited to see what our line looks like with a healthy Nicks and Joseph.

I'm confident nicks can stay healthy. Joseph not so much. Nicks is more important anyway.

Go Bucs

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4835 : March 28, 2013, 05:35:42 AM

Not what I posted.  Take that money and give it to TWO starters - that's TWO and then I'm sure you Dom lovers will swear he'll have another great draft, right?  He's figured it out, right?  Schiano's helping him, right?  So add the first and second picks like last year, right?  THAT'S FOUR FOR MY NON-adding red board friends.

Capice?
: March 28, 2013, 05:37:55 AM The Anomaly

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4836 : March 28, 2013, 07:19:28 AM

@ MarkyMarkBuc
   Mark Dominic

You guys need to get off my back. I have a plan.  #Revis

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#4837 : March 28, 2013, 07:26:48 AM

@ MarkyMarkBuc
   Mark Dominic

Ugh you had my hopes up that that was a real tweet lol

Go Bucs

CanadianBuc

Starter
#4838 : March 28, 2013, 08:25:17 AM

I think the trade would look like this IMO: (With a bit of insight but nothing exact)

BUCS TRADE:
2013 2nd Round Pick
2014 1st Round Pick

JETS TRADE:
Darrelle Revis

I dont believe any of that extra stuff about the players. The bucs like accumulating draft picks with their players not as extra ammo. The Jets wanted the Revis trade to be similar to the Harvin deal so they got what they wanted. But knowing that our 1st is worth quite a bit more then the Hawks

Here is how I think the rest of the off-season is played out:

1. Darrelle Revis gets extended -- 7 YR/ 93 Mill (13.25 Mill/ YR)
2. Sign Michael Coe -- 2 YR/ 4 Mill (2 Mill/ YR)
3. Restructure Eric Wright -- 4 YR/ 14 Mill (3.5 Mill/ YR)
4. TRADE Legarrette Blount For a 2013 4th Round Pick
5. TRADE Jamon Meredith For a 2013 6th Round Pick
6. Extend Mike Williams -- 5 YR/ 35 Mill (7 Mill/ YR)

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4839 : March 28, 2013, 08:27:25 AM

@ MarkyMarkBuc
   Mark Dominic

This tweet was originally posted at 4:23 pm. We all know Dom leaves @ 4:00 pm exactly everyday.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#4840 : March 28, 2013, 08:28:47 AM

@ MarkyMarkBuc
   Mark Dominic

This tweet was originally posted at 4:23 pm. We all know Dom leaves @ 4:00 pm exactly everyday.

Wait so it was real? Lol..I couldnt find it

Go Bucs

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4841 : March 28, 2013, 08:29:23 AM

I feel like Dominik would spell his name correctly.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4842 : March 28, 2013, 08:33:06 AM

I think if we keep the tweet updates coming, we can get to 500.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4843 : March 28, 2013, 08:35:44 AM

I feel like Dominik would spell his name correctly.

Haha, some think he is very stupid, so maybe not!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4844 : March 28, 2013, 08:53:55 AM

He usually spells it Dummynik. I was giving him some credit.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools