Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 ... 612

CanadianBuc

Starter
#5085 : March 31, 2013, 10:07:48 PM

Just an interesting idea...

Bucs Trade for Darrelle Revis, nothing special here... But, another CB on the Jets is CB Isaiah Thomas who may be an unnamed player in the Revis trade. Maybe the Bucs will reunite the Trufants...

-Isaiah Trufant, Aquired in Darrelle Revis
-Marcus Trufant, Current FA
-Desmond Trufant, Possible Draft Choice

But where would this leave us?

1) Darrelle Revis - Lockdown CB who we give up  a lot of resources to get
2) Marcus Trufant - Past All-Pro, Capable of keeping his own against 2nd WRs, IMO played very well next to R.Sherman can do the same with Revis
3) Desmond Trufant - 1st Round rookie who excels in Man Coverage but also brings a certain attitude that can be an added aspect he could bring to this team.
4) Leonard Johnson - Played well last year for a inserted rookie, works hard, plays hard and living his dream, good nickel CB to have and at the very best can be a lot like Ronde Barber (Size and Work Method)
5) Anthony Gaitor - A player who can be decent but undersized, he is often injured but has some upside
6) Danny Gorrer - Another OK player but tries hard and deserves a roster spot and some playing time, IMO he played pretty well considering he was not expecting to be playing last season at all
7)* Isaiah Trufant - An OK CB but very useful on Special Teams and can be a cheap person to get with Revis

*I.Trufant would be used as a special teams player with the ability to fill in for injured CBs also good to have on the team in the case Gorrer/ Gaitor bomb he is a decent backup option

Its an very rare idea, but looking at who the Bucs are targeting it could be very possible.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5086 : March 31, 2013, 10:26:18 PM

@ProFootballTalk
Revis deal could go down when the Bucs are on the clock at No. 13 http://wp.me/p14QSB-81oe

Or it could go down tomorrow..... nothing earth shattering in that tweet.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5087 : March 31, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

Personally, I think IF it does go down, it will go down on draft day. IF the Isdik and Dom have worked out the deal, it would make sense for both parties to keep it under wraps until draft day. For the same reason you blow smoke and mirrors and never say who you really want to draft....you don't let people know that this big time trade is going down. It effects who people expect us to draft, and what other GMs expect the Jets to do on draft day, and that effects whether or not teams move up ahead of us and what not. It is to the Bucs and Jets advantage to keep it secret.
: March 31, 2013, 10:35:32 PM JDouble

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#5088 : March 31, 2013, 10:35:12 PM

What if they announce that the Bucs have traded the 13th pick... and it's not to the jets?

The dog ate my e-mail.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5089 : March 31, 2013, 10:36:28 PM

Celebration time.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5090 : March 31, 2013, 10:39:11 PM

What if they announce that the Bucs have traded the 13th pick... and it's not to the jets?

I'd be ecstatic if we traded the 13th pick in order to move back in the 1st and gain more picks. I'm all for gaining as many picks in the top 100 as we possible can. Last year, Martin and David showed that multiple picks in that 30-80 range is really better than just one pick in the top 15. Especially in a year like this when the draft is weak at the top and pretty much lacks that elite talent....but is still full of good talent.
: March 31, 2013, 10:42:00 PM JDouble

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#5091 : March 31, 2013, 10:45:17 PM

I'd be ecstatic if we traded the 13th pick in order to move back in the 1st and gain more picks. I'm all for gaining as many picks in the top 100 as we possible can. Last year, Martin and David showed that multiple picks in that 30-80 range is really better than just one pick in the top 15. Especially in a year like this when the draft is weak at the top and pretty much lacks that elite talent....but is still full of good talent.

The other possibility is going up after Milliner... but going back still leaves the possibility of trading the 1st round pick for Revis.

The dog ate my e-mail.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5092 : March 31, 2013, 10:52:47 PM

Shoot....if we managed to trade back in the 1st and pick up an extra 2nd for doing so....we could then give the Jets our 1st and a 2nd for Revis....and still have a 2nd round pick. Dom would truly be a rock star at that point.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#5093 : March 31, 2013, 10:56:21 PM

Shoot....if we managed to trade back in the 1st and pick up an extra 2nd for doing so....we could then give the Jets our 1st and a 2nd for Revis....and still have a 2nd round pick. Dom would truly be a rock star at that point.

If we gave them a first this year even if its only in the 20s the Jets wouldnt ask for a 1st and 2nd this year it would either be a 1st + 4th this year or a 1st this year but 3rd next year

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5094 : March 31, 2013, 10:56:21 PM

The other possibility is going up after Milliner... but going back still leaves the possibility of trading the 1st round pick for Revis.

I have been sayin that for awhile now.  Trade for Revis, move up for Milliner, and all is well at OBP.

He would have to slip a bit, the last few mocks I have seen, have Milliner going #2.  But say he slips to 10 or so, I could see Dom making the move.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5095 : March 31, 2013, 10:58:21 PM

If we gave them a first this year even if its only in the 20s the Jets wouldnt ask for a 1st and 2nd this year it would either be a 1st + 4th this year or a 1st this year but 3rd next year

Pure speculation....but sure. Then we'd have Revis and still have two 2nd round picks. Be awesome.

TeamJaycub

Practice Squad
#5096 : March 31, 2013, 11:57:27 PM

SOMETHING INTERESTING

Eric Wright just tweeted this to Revis. I looked on his twitter, and now it's gone.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGvMBAOCcAE2fXX.png:large
: April 01, 2013, 12:00:36 AM TeamJaycub

JRbuc55

Rookie
#5097 : March 31, 2013, 11:59:17 PM

Hmmm Eric Wright tweeted to Revis "aye bruh I texted u a min ago.. Holla at me.." Then deleted it shortly after. Wright recruiting again?

JRbuc55

Rookie
#5098 : April 01, 2013, 12:00:03 AM

Seen that to TeamJayClub.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5099 : April 01, 2013, 12:00:31 AM

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools