Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 ... 612

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#6270 : April 12, 2013, 12:14:27 AM

Darrelle Revis | Defensive Back

Team:  New York Jets

Age / DOB:   (27) / 7/14/1985

Ht / Wt:   5'11' / 198

College:  Pittsburgh

• 9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. The contract stipulates that Revis cannot be franchise tagged when his deal voids following the 2013 season. 2013: $3 million (+ $1 million workout bonus + $1 million roster bonus due 3/16 + $1 million reporting bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent

Latest NewsRecent News

Darrelle Revis will undergo an MRI on his surgically-repaired left knee on Monday.Revis is begrudgingly reporting to the Jets' voluntary offseason workout program on Monday in order to collect $3 million in bonus money. The MRI will give the Jets, as well as the Bucs, some good feedback on how Revis' recovery from the torn ACL is going. Revis has been performing agility drills, running on a treadmill, and doing some cutting in recent weeks.

Apr 11 - 8:32 PM

Source: ESPN New York

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6271 : April 12, 2013, 12:18:58 AM

Someone get a bulletproof case for revis's leg already.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#6272 : April 12, 2013, 12:20:16 AM

Fennelly: Buccaneers need to be bold and go get Revis

ASSOCIATED PRESS FILE PHOTO
It's assumed that Jets owner Woody Johnson wants to unload Darrelle Revis

By Martin Fennelly | Tribune Staff

Published: April 11, 2013

- Go get him.

Go get Darrelle Revis.

The Bucs want him. They'd be insane not to want him. Remember, they watched that 2012 secondary, too, a crime scene if there ever was one.

The Glazers and Bucs coach Greg Schiano and GM Mark Dominik want Revis. I think they need Revis. I'd trade a No. 13 draft pick for him in a heartbeat.

It's time to do something dynamic.

The Bucs offense is good enough to make the playoffs.

It's up to the defense to catch up.

Go get Revis.

If this team runs out the chronically unreliable Eric Wright and a-ways-to-go Leonard Johnson at starting cornerback, it should be ashamed of itself. Heads should roll if the Jets are willing and the Bucs aren't.

Understand that there are a lot of factors in any Revis deal.

The X factor is the state of Revis' surgically repaired left knee, though the thought of Revis on one leg gives me scant more pause than Eric Wright on two and Adderall.

The Y factor is being able to get Revis to agree to the Bucs' contract structure. But it's doable $15 million per season is not out of the Bucs' realm of thinking.

Then there's the Z, the biggest factor: Do the Jets really want to move Revis? It's assumed that Jets owner Woody Johnson wants to unload Revis, but perhaps John Idzik isn't in love with the idea of dumping Revis being his first major act as Jets GM.

You know Jets coach Rex Ryan doesn't want to lose Revis, for the precise reason Schiano needs him. The man is a game-changer.

The Bucs need to get Revis.

Here's the biggest reason why: Their offense is good enough.

We saw what Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson did, what the Bucs offense did even after losing Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks, even factoring in Josh Freeman brain cramps.

Is this offense capable of getting the Bucs to the playoffs?

Yes.

It's not about the Super Bowl. Heck, Peyton Manning didn't get the Broncos to the Super Bowl. No one guy can guarantee that. But if you think the Bucs offense is good enough to put this team in contention, but the defense is holding it back, then anything and everything should be on the table.

And the 13th pick in the draft isn't everything. It isn't mortgaging your future. The NFL is never about the future anyway. It's about now, right now.

Or maybe this franchise needs to consider its increasingly distant past. The Bucs haven't won a playoff game since they won the Super Bowl. They haven't been to the postseason since the 2007 season.

If the Bucs really feel they're close, how can they afford to not go get Revis?

You're talking about giving up a No.?13 pick, already a fuzzy part of the draft, for a known quantity when healthy, the best cornerback in football.

You're telling me it wouldn't change any given Sunday if Drew Brees or Matt Ryan or any other QB looked over and saw Revis? They'd stop looking over after a while.

You're telling me the Bucs wouldn't be able to blitz more, or double the other team's second-best receiver, with Revis back there?

You're telling me he couldn't help the Bucs win two or three more games?

The Bucs are getting scads of free publicity from all the Revis chatter without spending a dime. Maybe they figure they can't lose, that they either get Revis or say they tried, but the Jets won't give him up.

But I think the Jets need to give him up.

And the Bucs need to go get him.

It's time for something dynamic.

It's time to go get Darrelle Revis.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6273 : April 12, 2013, 01:57:42 AM

• 9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. The contract stipulates that Revis cannot be franchise tagged when his deal voids following the 2013 season. 2013: $3 million (+ $1 million workout bonus + $1 million roster bonus due 3/16 + $1 million reporting bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent

Latest NewsRecent News

Darrelle Revis will undergo an MRI on his surgically-repaired left knee on Monday.Revis is begrudgingly reporting to the Jets' voluntary offseason workout program on Monday in order to collect $3 million in bonus money. The MRI will give the Jets, as well as the Bucs, some good feedback on how Revis' recovery from the torn ACL is going. Revis has been performing agility drills, running on a treadmill, and doing some cutting in recent weeks.

I would guess as soon as the MRI comes back clean, showing he is healing well, the deal goes down.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#6274 : April 12, 2013, 02:29:54 AM

I don't think we'll get Revis.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6275 : April 12, 2013, 02:35:04 AM

Why?

In Verner We Trust

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#6276 : April 12, 2013, 02:35:07 AM

And I don't think there is a chance in hell they don't.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6277 : April 12, 2013, 02:39:15 AM

And I don't think there is a chance in hell they don't.

Ya I think its a done deal.  Working out draft picks is the final hurdle.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6278 : April 12, 2013, 02:44:03 AM

Right now it seems like 60 percent chance the Bucs get him, 20 percent someone else does, 20 they keep him.

In Verner We Trust

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#6279 : April 12, 2013, 02:56:38 AM

Latest NewsRecent News

I would guess as soon as the MRI comes back clean, showing he is healing well, the deal goes down.
I'm right there with you. If it checks out as well as everyone thinks it will check out the deal will be done by the 18th. Wouldn't surprise me if it got done the after/evening of the 15th.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6280 : April 12, 2013, 04:54:55 AM

You mean like Keyshawn?

In Verner We Trust

m_j

Starter

#6281 : April 12, 2013, 05:07:17 AM

.........   even factoring in Josh Freeman brain cramps. ......

liked that one :)

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6282 : April 12, 2013, 07:44:59 AM

Latest NewsRecent News

Yup! It's not the most fun way to pull this trade off, nor dramatic but if it was going to happen we needed to see him physically progressing like he should be and we need a fresh MRI. Once we see the MRI this should get executed fairly quickly.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6283 : April 12, 2013, 08:05:26 AM

I wonder if this is the real reason the Jets are even taking the MRI ... because Dom demanded onebefore he pulls the trigger.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#6284 : April 12, 2013, 08:15:24 AM

Is Revis somewhere near 7 months after the injury?

http://www.sports-injury-info.com/acl-reconstruction-timeline.html

My logo is bigger than your logo
Page: 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools