Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 612

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#75 : February 19, 2013, 08:34:43 PM

He certainly warrants the demand, as he is legit one if the best defenders in the NFL. It cripples the cap a bit. Not sure i am down with that.

I say no to the contract demands. Put that money at solid defensive backs, get more offensive weapons ie TE, slot, RT.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#76 : February 19, 2013, 08:37:01 PM

I wouldn't trade for him.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : February 19, 2013, 08:44:57 PM

Zee German!!!!

Ya know, I am stationed in Germany.

Most Germans don't even have that thick accent when they speak English.  Most pretend that they can't so for to be intrigued when they can.  And vice versa.....
But yes...I want (in your words) "Zee German" to wear the Buc uniform as I think that he can most prove an impact on the field, support the guys around him and make them better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfM6BE0bCO0

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#78 : February 19, 2013, 08:45:21 PM

I wouldn't trade for him.

Same here.  If its still 2 #1 draft picks, forget it.  I could stomach the 20mil per, but not those 2 #1's.

In an interview yesterday I think it was, he said he has no problems with the HC.  But he can't stand Woody Johnson.

He is most likely out of there for that reason. But I wouldn't bite until the price came WAY down.

He talks a lot about being the highest paid defensive player at all times.  So say he signs a nice 3-4 year deal with the Bucs.  What happens after year one or year two, and he see's other players making more than him.  Another holdout?  He has a history of that behavior.  IIRC he already has held out twice before.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#79 : February 19, 2013, 09:59:09 PM

He certainly warrants the demand, as he is legit one if the best defenders in the NFL. It cripples the cap a bit. Not sure i am down with that.

He warrants it at 100%.... who's to say he returns to that? I'm not willing to risk that.

-------------------------------------------------------

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#80 : February 19, 2013, 10:04:23 PM

Two number 1's coming off a ACL?  That's comical.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#81 : February 19, 2013, 10:23:36 PM

Zee German!!!!

Ya know, I am stationed in Germany.

Most Germans don't even have that thick accent when they speak English.  Most pretend that they can't so for to be intrigued when they can.  And vice versa.....
But yes...I want (in your words) "Zee German" to wear the Buc uniform as I think that he can most prove an impact on the field, support the guys around him and make them better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfM6BE0bCO0

What???

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#82 : February 20, 2013, 12:38:04 AM

that $30 mil that they cleared only puts them $5 under the cap

Bingo. People are assuming they are now 30 mill under, nope.
As for Revis, I would want them to trade for him if the price is a 1st and a 2nd. He's worth it. And even if he wants to get paid around 20 mill, there's ways for Dom to work it so it's not a huge cap hit. Just look at how the Eagles have managed their cap. They signed all their stars, Cole McCoy Jackson etc, to huge contracts but they have low cap hits, and as a result they still have lots of cap space.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#83 : February 20, 2013, 01:21:00 AM

i dont want to give them a first for revis. i dont think we can gamble with draft picks at this point

I'd argue that drafting a guy in the first round is just as, if not more risky than trading the pick for a proven NFL starter, ney, the best in the league at his position. If all Revis would cost us is a first rounder, I'd make that trade. Two? Nope.

The Glazers are not afraid to make this type of deal. They've done it before. However, do they feel that Revis is the missing link between missing the playoffs and Super Bowl? Not so sure about that.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#84 : February 20, 2013, 06:10:01 AM

I want no part of the guy, sure he WAS the best CB in the league but nobody knows what he is now.
Throw in that he's only 27 and has already held out twice while talking about wanting to be made the highest paid defender (potential holdout #3) when he's just missed 14 games.
Forget what we would need to give up in a trade, I wouldn't want him as a FA.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#85 : February 20, 2013, 07:33:27 AM

i dont want to give them a first for revis. i dont think we can gamble with draft picks at this point

I'd argue that drafting a guy in the first round is just as, if not more risky than trading the pick for a proven NFL starter, ney, the best in the league at his position. If all Revis would cost us is a first rounder, I'd make that trade. Two? Nope.

The Glazers are not afraid to make this type of deal. They've done it before. However, do they feel that Revis is the missing link between missing the playoffs and Super Bowl? Not so sure about that.

Drafting the unknown rookie is MORE risky . Without a doubt.

The draft is a total crapshoot . At worst you get a solid starter in Revis - and that's if he's taken a few steps back. You possibly get the only TRUE shutdown corner in the league right now , which is priceless. It's worth a 1st round pick all day long .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#86 : February 20, 2013, 08:04:03 AM

The risk isn't in the pick. The risk is in giving a diva with an injury, a $100M contract. You don't have that risk if you just keep you pick and draft a guy.

You should draft your own super stars imo, and use FA to fill voids. It's too expensive to do it the other way around.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#87 : February 20, 2013, 08:48:59 AM

Way to expensive. I'd rather have to B+ corners and than one A+ corner. A guy who is coming off an ACL injury, nope. Pass. We can find our guys in FA and the draft.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#88 : February 20, 2013, 08:56:31 AM

I'd rather put together a solid group of four cornerbacks for $20M a year, instead of giving it all to one guy.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#89 : February 20, 2013, 10:27:15 AM

People forget how good Revis really is. I get he's a diva and all that, and like I said you can pay him what he wants without hurting our cap space big time. It's not our money, what do we care if the Glazers decide to spend on him? He's def worth at least a 1st rounder

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools