Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 ... 612

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7620 : April 21, 2013, 03:04:20 PM

So, there was tampering?

IF the trade happens and a long term deal happens at the time of the trade and the Jets didn't give permission? Then yes.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#7621 : April 21, 2013, 03:04:43 PM

Mah sources (an actual person inside OBP) said it was done awhile ago pending the medical exam for two seconds, a few low picks, and blount (and that was before blount got a reworked contract).

Technically, he could also be wrong, as he mentioned it was a very tight-lipped situation. But I certainly hope he's right.
Come on BW....  I am so down for this deal, but.....  For SIX picks???  No thank you!

A first, and TWO (conditional) picks, and well, yeah.....  But SIX....?  Not no, but HELL NO!

*Edit*  SIX picks, AND Blount....  No Marshall Faulking way!

swamp_bats

Starter
#7622 : April 21, 2013, 03:06:07 PM

This is just step one to get us a Superbowl win. After the blockbuster trade with Jets we still have to fire Schiano in a year or two then make another trade with Oakland to get their new young head coach Jay Gruden.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#7623 : April 21, 2013, 03:07:23 PM

So, there was tampering?

Not if the Jets gave the Bucs permission to speak with Revis' agent without disclosing it to the public.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#7624 : April 21, 2013, 03:10:11 PM

So, there was tampering?

IF the trade happens and a long term deal happens at the time of the trade and the Jets didn't give permission? Then yes.

Dude..........  Seriously...  Stick with this -----

Place it in your seat, and then just sit back and enjoy the ram, uhh, I mean GAME.

swamp_bats

Starter
#7625 : April 21, 2013, 03:11:09 PM

So, there was tampering?

Not if the Jets gave the Bucs permission to speak with Revis' agent without disclosing it to the public.
There was probably tampering. V-Jax and Revis share an agent. Jets aren't gonna blow a whistle, they are getting what they want. If the deal falls apart then they may cry.

Revis and Butthead

Second String
#7626 : April 21, 2013, 03:11:57 PM

So we get a 1 year rehab year rental for 3 picks? Great job DOM!!!111!!1
This trade doesn't happen if Revis hasn't agreed on contract.
I have seen nothing about a contract extension. Mevis is playing on a one year deal.

Another azz to block.. :(

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7627 : April 21, 2013, 03:11:57 PM

So, there was tampering?

Dude..........  Seriously...  Stick with this -----

Place it in your seat, and then just sit back and enjoy the ram, uhh, I mean GAME.

Stick with the t-shirts scam son.

swamp_bats

Starter
#7628 : April 21, 2013, 03:12:50 PM

Over/under on Buccaneers pitching a shutout week one in Jersey?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#7629 : April 21, 2013, 03:13:59 PM

So, right now Revis is here on a one year rehab deal.
No offense Corpsy, but...  Before Revis' agent would ever let the guy fly here - LONG TERM contract numbers would HAVE to be in place.

No NFL team hands out $15mil a year for one year deals, unless of course it is due to a player being tagged.

My suggestion...  Stick with buying foam #1 fingers and beads.  They are probably the breadth of your football acumen.

NFL Network Albert Breer is reporting that the Bucs and Revis agent have been negotiating for several days on a deal. Once the deal was in place the Bucs and Jets agreed to compensation. Now it's all about the physical.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7630 : April 21, 2013, 03:14:36 PM

Now that we decided on his health status and contract, let us look forward to the next Revis debate on whether he will live up to our hype or prove to be worthless.

I think he'll do wonders for our pass D... if he stays healthy, which is a big if considering he plays a position that depends on reaction and pivoting.
This a tricky "big risk/big reward deal. If he struggles to stay healthy, will this be a negative mark on Dom and Schiano?
: April 21, 2013, 03:16:20 PM wreck ship

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7631 : April 21, 2013, 03:15:02 PM

Faulk yeah! Lol.

If we only get two solid players out of this whole draft, we're doing well imvho.

No need to stock up on picks and waste time on guys who aren't going to be on the team in a couple of years. As we've already had the pleasure of witnessing.

Granted, mark has done alright in the lower rounds. I could still see why they would want to keep the premium picks though.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#7632 : April 21, 2013, 03:16:29 PM

Why is the thief, scammer BucsFTW back?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#7633 : April 21, 2013, 03:17:26 PM

Why is the thief, scammer BucsFTW back?
What did he do?

EazyE

Second String

#7634 : April 21, 2013, 03:17:32 PM

This deserves its own thread?
Page: 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools