Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 ... 612

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8085 : April 23, 2013, 08:12:45 AM

Trouble is, we're asking for trolling if we link it to them. Lol.

I shocked we haven't had some already.  What would you put the over/under on the number that inevitably WILL show?

It depends.

Revis does good, no one will show up to troll. Revis does bad, or we lose opening day, well, ..let the flood gates open.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8086 : April 23, 2013, 08:15:47 AM

We have had one in the tinychat room. Some kid who started stalking someones here, kid.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#8087 : April 23, 2013, 08:34:44 AM

I vote for unsticky, but don't lock it. We can still talk about Revis for the next 6 years. This thread could reach thousands.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8088 : April 23, 2013, 08:50:21 AM

True BnB.

Although, I'm not sure it's time yet. It's still pretty fresh for the average Joe.

I say wait until 550 or a couple of days. Whichever comes first. (Then send to the jets forums as a final goodbye to the stickiness of this sticky)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8089 : April 23, 2013, 09:01:30 AM

Trade wise, I think the Bucs came out on top here. One 1st and a future 3rd is a great price for the best CB in the league, perhaps ever....after Dion. So as long as he ends up being healthy and plays at the same level as he has in the past, I think Dom did good.

The contract is a different story. It may say no guaranteed, but after what we just gave up....he isn't going anywhere for at least two years. Even if he ends up not healing right and not playing well enough to be worth the contract, he'll get the $32M from the first two years, so in reality it is basically guaranteed. I don't like the $16M every year. Revis was already the highest paid CB, averaging $11.5M per year, and the next closest guy averages $10M per year. The cap has stayed flat, and other than QBs...contracts just haven't been going up. Even without the injury, there was no precedence for him to get $5.5M more per year that his last contract. It should have averaged closer to $13M. Also, it is such a simple contract that actually pays that $16M every year instead of using trickery to make the average higher than the the player gets in reality. I just think the contract is bad for the Bucs and it will be hard to maintain year in and year out.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#8090 : April 23, 2013, 09:04:10 AM

Trouble is, we're asking for trolling if we link it to them. Lol.

I shocked we haven't had some already.  What would you put the over/under on the number that inevitably WILL show?

I dunno, We're not exactly the most popular bucs boards

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8091 : April 23, 2013, 09:24:28 AM

Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik has announced a press conference for noon  to announce the un-sticky of the infamous Revis Thread. On the agenda:

- The tremendous value of the Revis thread.
- Building a team of value
- Core fundamental philosophies and principles.
- I told that *Censored* he ain't getting my 2nd rounder.
- The future of the Revis Board

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8092 : April 23, 2013, 09:46:34 AM

I'm tuning in

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#8093 : April 23, 2013, 10:13:14 AM

Revis is worth the money, he is the only one that is going to shut down the Calvin Johnson's and Larry Fitz. those guys make more than Revis, so how much is a CB worth that can shut down the best WR in the game? its hard to find a CB of that caliber and Revis know's it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8094 : April 23, 2013, 10:34:23 AM

Revis is worth the money, he is the only one that is going to shut down the Calvin Johnson's and Larry Fitz. those guys make more than Revis, so how much is a CB worth that can shut down the best WR in the game? its hard to find a CB of that caliber and Revis know's it.

You planning on the Lions and Cardinals being what stops us from making it to the Super Bowl?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8095 : April 23, 2013, 10:45:13 AM

Trade wise, I think the Bucs came out on top here. One 1st and a future 3rd is a great price for the best CB in the league, perhaps ever....after Dion. So as long as he ends up being healthy and plays at the same level as he has in the past, I think Dom did good.

The contract is a different story. It may say no guaranteed, but after what we just gave up....he isn't going anywhere for at least two years. Even if he ends up not healing right and not playing well enough to be worth the contract, he'll get the $32M from the first two years, so in reality it is basically guaranteed. I don't like the $16M every year. Revis was already the highest paid CB, averaging $11.5M per year, and the next closest guy averages $10M per year. The cap has stayed flat, and other than QBs...contracts just haven't been going up. Even without the injury, there was no precedence for him to get $5.5M more per year that his last contract. It should have averaged closer to $13M. Also, it is such a simple contract that actually pays that $16M every year instead of using trickery to make the average higher than the the player gets in reality. I just think the contract is bad for the Bucs and it will be hard to maintain year in and year out.

Its also an easy contract to restructure to manipulate its effect on the cap and for revis to still get his 16mil.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#8096 : April 23, 2013, 11:10:39 AM

You planning on the Lions and Cardinals being what stops us from making it to the Super Bowl?
no, but we will not win those games without a good CB.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#8097 : April 23, 2013, 11:31:31 AM

...The contract is a different story. It may say no guaranteed, but after what we just gave up....he isn't going anywhere for at least two years. Even if he ends up not healing right and not playing well enough to be worth the contract, he'll get the $32M from the first two years, so in reality it is basically guaranteed. I don't like the $16M every year. Revis was already the highest paid CB, averaging $11.5M per year, and the next closest guy averages $10M per year. The cap has stayed flat, and other than QBs...contracts just haven't been going up. Even without the injury, there was no precedence for him to get $5.5M more per year that his last contract. It should have averaged closer to $13M. Also, it is such a simple contract that actually pays that $16M every year instead of using trickery to make the average higher than the the player gets in reality. I just think the contract is bad for the Bucs and it will be hard to maintain year in and year out...

Contract is a pay as you go, easily modified to suit.

I have no issue on Revis betting on himself to perform at that $13m level.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#8098 : April 23, 2013, 11:42:21 AM

How about the playoffs first, lets go from there. What this allows the Bucs to do is not sacrifice the pass defense for the run defense, as they did most of the time last season.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8099 : April 23, 2013, 11:55:22 AM

How about the playoffs first, lets go from there. What this allows the Bucs to do is not sacrifice the pass defense for the run defense, as they did most of the time last season.

Overstated Myth. The Bucs only had a safety come up into the box on 16.3% of the snaps last year, which were plays that left a single safety high. An overwhelming portion of the snaps last year, the Bucs ran with 2 deep safeties.
The reason the Bucs had such a good run D last year was because:
A. The DL got excellent penetration.
B. Because of that excellent penetration, this allowed the LBs to have free lanes to get in there and stop the ball carriers immediately.
C. The LBs played excellent and instinctive vs the run.
D. Opposing offenses recognized that they had a better chance attacking the Bucs pass D instead of trying to run on them, which resulted in even few yardage gained by the opposing rushing attack.

The Bucs had no need to bring additional help down into the box to help against the run D. The front 7 took care of business on nearly every play. In fact, many of the times that the Bucs brought Barber, Barron, or Black down into the box, it was for the purpose of rushing/blitzing the passer. So sure, there are some things schematically that the Bucs will change, but the overwhelming reason that the Bucs struggled against the pass was because of the lack of talent on the back end, and because of the lack of pass rushing talent on the front end.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools