Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 ... 612

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8190 : April 26, 2013, 09:14:47 AM

Revis should change numbers, 25 is good. Let Barron keep his number

It'll be interesting to see how this goes down.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#8191 : April 26, 2013, 12:24:17 PM

I think Barron will give it to him, get a nice little sum of money from the switch.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8192 : April 26, 2013, 12:42:51 PM

Damn that Barron gif doesnt get old. Hope to see that a few times this season. Not just with Steve Smith either.

Roddy White would be my preference.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#8193 : April 26, 2013, 12:44:07 PM

Damn that Barron gif doesnt get old. Hope to see that a few times this season. Not just with Steve Smith either.

A receiver getting popped by Barron and Goldson at the same time, that's what I'm waiting for.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8194 : April 26, 2013, 02:06:33 PM

My preference would be good pass coverage, over GIF-worthy hits after 32 yard gains.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#8195 : April 26, 2013, 02:10:10 PM

My preference would be good pass coverage, over GIF-worthy hits after 32 yard gains.
Down, Chace! Down!

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#8196 : April 26, 2013, 02:11:29 PM

Hey, Chace, if you're going to go spewing logic around these parts then expect some backlash, bud. That kinda talk is reserved for "those people". Are you one of "those people"?

WE DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR KIND 'ROUND HERE, YA HEAR?!  >:(

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8197 : April 26, 2013, 02:12:54 PM

lol.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8198 : April 26, 2013, 03:26:23 PM

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8199 : April 26, 2013, 03:55:47 PM

One great play out of 1000+. Awesome.

Instead of typing up a new post, I'll just quote a previous one that apply to that particular GIF. See bold.

The reasoning for that post wasn't to harp or criticize Barron's play. I was just speaking on what he didn't do last year. I do think he will be better next year. What I do believe, though, is that the Bucs won't play him much differently than they did last year. Sure, some of Barron's struggles could be attributed to poor CB play on the outside, but having recently rewatched the games and just concentrating on safety play, I don't think that was the case most of the time. My worries about Barron are not his ability to cover the deep half of the field(which is what is asked of safeties most of time in this passing era), nor am I too concerned with the missed tackles since he cleaned those up as the year went on. What I am concerned most about is when he has the duty of covering a TE or the occasional WR one on one. That was an issue for him last year. That is something he is going to have to do, and do better regardless of who else is on the field in the secondary. The only players that can help Barron out in that regard, are those who are coming after the passer. As far as blitzing goes, I think we will see maybe a slight increase in Barron's blitzes, but not a huge influx. I think that they will be slightly less aggressive in blitzing overall this coming season. I honestly hope Barber comes back. When Black and Barron where back as the two deeps safeties and Barber was playing up closer to the LOS, I feel he played pretty well. He showed that he can still cause problems as a blitzer and made most of his plays in the passing game when all three safeties were on the field. Barber can still contribute in this role, he would probably only see the field between 50-60% of the time though, and just come on when the Sam comes off, or come on in Mason's spot and play in the LB range with David on passing downs. In that cast you would have Goldson, Barron, Barber, David, LJ, Wright, and Revis as the back 7 on passing downs. I like.

So if you are implying that the GIF you posted was a nice representation of Barron's play vs the pass last year...then I suggest you re-watch a few games and concentrate on #24.
: April 26, 2013, 03:58:53 PM chace1986

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8200 : April 26, 2013, 04:02:28 PM

Chace mad.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8201 : April 26, 2013, 04:03:01 PM

Not gonna get into the same old broken record. He was a rookie. He struggled. He also had some great moments. The end.

X-RayCat57

Second String

#8202 : April 26, 2013, 04:09:53 PM

I feel sorry for the guys who bought Barron jerseys last year

There are sites where you can order a new name plate to replace the old one. Just need to sew it on. Did it with my Keyshawn to Williams and will do it with my Caddy jersey to make it a Revis. Glad i didnt buy the name plate last year for Barron.

Never get rid of old jerseys. Just store them away till new player takes the number. Just stashed my Talib (got it as a gift) .
What site is that?

www.easternlettering.net

There are a few others if you google it. Also an Ebay store has a guy that makes them also. Cheaper than buying a whole new jersey. Most places send the right colored thread to use also. Some are iron on.

\\\"Rock on London, Rock on Chicago! Taco bell, run for the border!\\\"

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8203 : April 26, 2013, 04:30:00 PM

In NYC getting ready to head back to Radio City. I have been wearing my Buc Jerseys since yesterday and I have been approached by a ton of Jets fans letting me know how lucky we are to have Revis. They speak about him like a true living legend. Kind of like how we talk about guys lke Barry Sanders or Dion Sanders. They are soooooo sad to have lost him but not once have I heard one fan say a single bad thing about him.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#8204 : April 26, 2013, 05:02:07 PM

In NYC getting ready to head back to Radio City. I have been wearing my Buc Jerseys since yesterday and I have been approached by a ton of Jets fans letting me know how lucky we are to have Revis. They speak about him like a true living legend. Kind of like how we talk about guys lke Barry Sanders or Dion Sanders. They are soooooo sad to have lost him but not once have I heard one fan say a single bad thing about him.
*Deion*

Page: 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools