Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 571 572 573 574 575 ... 612

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8580 : June 11, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »

But I got a behind the woodshed beating for Hate because he said i was running and called me a falcons fan. Lol..

It's going to look something like Hakeem Nicks on Aqib Talib. 😜

You know how some guys are overly homophobic and always call other people gay...because they secretly are in fact gay..?

While Hate isn't gay, that same psychology can be applied in the same way with Hate being a secret Falcons fan. I too have been accused of liking the Falcons, all while he sits on his couch wearing his black and red #2 jersey.

Hate, what say you?

lol.
« : June 11, 2013, 12:57:21 PM chace1986 »

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #8581 : June 11, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »

Lol

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #8582 : June 11, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »

Ooooh...

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #8583 : June 21, 2013, 08:52:43 AM »

Revis thinks that Goldson is the best safety in the game today and calls Goldson Batman and himself Robin

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/relaxed-revis-camps-in-aliquippa-on-way-to-tampa/article_54b74048-cbba-5495-af7f-d1e48c5c8f73.html

ALIQUIPPA – From the rehabilitation of the torn ACL he suffered on a hit to his knee last fall to the high-profile trade that sent him from New York to Tampa, Darrelle Revis’ off-season would seem to be anything but relaxing.

But that’s how he appeared Thursday morning on the familiar grass field of Carl A. Aschman Stadium in Aliquippa. Quick with a smile and a laugh, Revis chatted up campers, volunteers, family and friends who were around for the second year of his free Skills and Drills Clinic.

The event is sponsored by the Revis Island Foundation and run by ProCamps, and it includes two days of drills for youth football players as well as a celebrity basketball game today at Aliquippa High School.

“I had a lot of football minds around me, but I would just ask them questions,” Revis said. “I didn’t have a camp like this where I could go to and learn from a variety of people.”

The learning never stops. In the prime of his NFL career, Revis is still taking in new experiences on and off the football field. The latest experience involved the first trade of his career, which he’s now embraced after initially being caught off guard about the possibility of leaving New York.

“Going to Tampa is great. I look at it as a new chapter in my football career,” Revis said. “The organization’s great. It’s real laid back down there. It’s not a lot of pressure as it is in New York.”

Players are often told of the challenge of playing in New York, but there’s nothing quite like experiencing it firsthand. Revis flourished with the Jets, with four straight Pro Bowl selections, but he acknowledged the intense atmosphere can be very unique.

“It can be tough. I got drafted as a junior and I didn’t know anything about New York or about the media, coming from being born here and going to the University of Pittsburgh. It’s a different market,” Revis said. “I accepted it. I just wanted to play football.

“The next thing you know you’re a celebrity, and it’s like, ‘OK … I just play football,” Revis added with a laugh. “You’ve got to be mature about it.”

Revis is looking ahead now. He’s eager to get the rehab process for his knee completely behind him, and he still has notes on the rest of the NFC South from when the Jets played the conference in 2009. Plus, Tampa’s signing of All-Pro safety Dashon Goldson has Revis excited for his return to the football field.

“He is the best safety in the league, as of today. And I’m saying that boldly,” Revis said, a wide smile on his face. “No knock on Troy (Polamalu) and all of those guys, but he’s the best, and he’s only in his eighth year, which is awesome. He’s Batman. I’m Robin.”

If Tampa’s new dynamic duo wants to bring home a championship, a confident, relaxed and healthy Revis is a good first step.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #8584 : June 21, 2013, 11:23:15 AM »

Revis seems to be quickly becoming the team leader on the D side. 

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #8585 : June 21, 2013, 12:34:16 PM »

He seems like a personable guy with a good head on his shoulders. Not MEvis as some people referred to him. He's touting teammates, putting in football camps, rehabbing properly and embracing this change. He wanted to get paid what he deserved, he finally got that and now he's doing everything he should be.

Hopefully he's the defensive teammate equivalent of what VJax has been on the offensive side. Worth every penny on and off the field.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8586 : June 21, 2013, 12:34:59 PM »

Did someone tell Revis that Jairus Byrd changed his name to Dashon Goldson and now plays for the Bucs..??

In all seriousness, this is teammate speak. We may see him say the same thing about GMC being the best DT...doesn't make it true.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #8587 : June 21, 2013, 12:47:35 PM »

Goldson is good...and if Revis & company step up, he could very well appear to be the best safety this season.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #8588 : June 21, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »

He seems like a personable guy with a good head on his shoulders. Not MEvis as some people referred to him. He's touting teammates, putting in football camps, rehabbing properly and embracing this change. He wanted to get paid what he deserved, he finally got that and now he's doing everything he should be.

Hopefully he's the defensive teammate equivalent of what VJax has been on the offensive side. Worth every penny on and off the field.

The NY fans are complete idiots. I gave them absolutely no credibility on the whole MEvis thing.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #8589 : June 21, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »

But I got a behind the woodshed beating for Hate because he said i was running and called me a falcons fan. Lol..

Can't wait. Lost to Chace a few days go and am still not mentally recovered.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #8590 : June 21, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »

Can't wait. Lost to Chace a few days go and am still not mentally recovered.
Lol then prepare to get your doors blown off.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8591 : June 21, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »

....use protection, you two.....

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #8592 : June 21, 2013, 02:12:03 PM »

Lol

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8593 : June 21, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »

I still need to play jdub.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #8594 : June 21, 2013, 02:40:36 PM »

I need to figure why it won't let me play against hate.. It's wierd

And when I ever get a chance to play JDub I'm picking the Bengals so I can Brian Leonard him to death. Lol
  Page: 1 ... 571 572 573 574 575 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools