Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 574 575 576 577 578 ... 612

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8625 : June 30, 2013, 09:19:02 PM

I'm thinking six months from now, we could just as easily be pulling up and making fun of the "this worked out perfect and I knew it all along" posts in this thread. You guys are jumping the gun. Revis said himself that the Bucs took a huge chance by trading for him...hence the contract with zero guaranteed money. His rehab looks to be going well, but until he makes it through a full season and proves to be the lock down "Revis Island" we paid for....I'll withhold judgment either way....with my fingers crossed.

Funny thing is, if god forbid Revis' knee blows out and he is never the same and the trade ends up being a bad move....most of the fans loving Revis now will be calling for Dominics head for taking such an chance on an injured guy.

Even if it didn't work out, the team doesn't lose much.  No guaranteed money.  And all they would lose is the shot at Sheldon Richardson.

Well I hope Revis is great and it doesn't come to that....but your statement is pretty off. There were quite a few great prospects taken between 12 and 42 that we might have taken. It wasn't as simple as Revis or Richardson.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8626 : June 30, 2013, 09:22:00 PM

Funny thing is, if god forbid Revis' knee blows out and he is never the same and the trade ends up being a bad move....most of the fans loving Revis now will be calling for Dominics head for taking such an chance on an injured guy.

Not me. For what we gave up, and the structure of the deal, i'm all in.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8627 : June 30, 2013, 09:48:52 PM

I'm thinking six months from now, we could just as easily be pulling up and making fun of the "this worked out perfect and I knew it all along" posts in this thread. You guys are jumping the gun. Revis said himself that the Bucs took a huge chance by trading for him...hence the contract with zero guaranteed money. His rehab looks to be going well, but until he makes it through a full season and proves to be the lock down "Revis Island" we paid for....I'll withhold judgment either way....with my fingers crossed.

Even if it didn't work out, the team doesn't lose much.  No guaranteed money.  And all they would lose is the shot at Sheldon Richardson.

Well I hope Revis is great and it doesn't come to that....but your statement is pretty off. There were quite a few great prospects taken between 12 and 42 that we might have taken. It wasn't as simple as Revis or Richardson.

That is the key word.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#8628 : June 30, 2013, 10:03:14 PM

That is the key word.

The draft is a crap shoot.. More of one than Revis imho.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8629 : June 30, 2013, 11:14:56 PM

Hahahahahaha @ Hate. Reading those old prognostications makes me giddy!

I have no problem with errors in subjective analysis. How can I be mad at actually getting a stud player worth his weight in gold?  I still can't believe he is a Buc!  And for that contract, as expensive as it is, is the perfect setup!

Kudos! 

If only I could be wrong about #5 as well...

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8630 : July 01, 2013, 05:58:11 AM

This has been the greatest thread of all time.

I always believed.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8631 : July 01, 2013, 07:33:34 AM

Yes you did, Beatles! Welcome back.

In Verner We Trust

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8632 : July 01, 2013, 07:47:22 AM

Hahahahahaha @ Hate. Reading those old prognostications makes me giddy!

And i only made it to page 25

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#8633 : July 02, 2013, 12:42:20 PM

Guess you should get a bottle of rum and start Kraken there Hate. Theres still alot of gems to be uncovered.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#8634 : July 02, 2013, 02:19:44 PM

Wonder if DarrylDarrelle would ever try this?  I hope not.....

jcaulfield8

Second String

#8635 : July 02, 2013, 02:30:02 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

so you get the opportunity to make your selection in 3 years and not now. then you can tell people how stupid we were for passing on whatever player does best out of those players?
yeah that's legit

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8636 : July 02, 2013, 03:41:05 PM

I still can't believe he is a Buc!  And for that contract, as expensive as it is

It'll really hit home week 1 when he picks of Sanchez and I read the name "Revis" on that #24 jersey as he sprints for a touchdown!

Gonna be epic!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8637 : July 02, 2013, 03:45:43 PM

Coach S was just on Sportscenter talking up Revis's progress. "If I were a betting man, he's going to be there".....guess that means he'll be ready at the start of the season. Gave him a lot of props for his focus, professionalism, etc.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8638 : July 02, 2013, 03:51:27 PM

Coach S was just on Sportscenter talking up Revis's progress. "If I were a betting man, he's going to be there".....guess that means he'll be ready at the start of the season. Gave him a lot of props for his focus, professionalism, etc.

But but but.....the Jet's fans.....they call him mevis and say he's a bad teammate and blah blah blah. I think he'll be a perfect addition to this team.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8639 : July 02, 2013, 04:15:23 PM

Pygmalion effect
Page: 1 ... 574 575 576 577 578 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools