Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 590 591 592 593 594 ... 612

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#8865 : August 19, 2013, 02:11:18 PM

I just don't see how they turn it up in 5 practices and then he's ready to play. Turn it up for 15 practices (season is still over two weeks away) and he should be fine.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#8866 : August 19, 2013, 02:19:42 PM

My ideal situation is that he plays 2-3 series, and hopefully the ball doesn't come near him unless its in the air. I wouldn't want him stuffing the box or playing in run support. Go out and run around, defend a pass or two, then sit your ass on that bench.

We're talking about an NFL veteran and probably one of the top 10 players ever to suit up at his position.  **CENSORED** hitting anything.  Do you feel comfortable on it?  Are you confident putting your foot in the ground and going?  Fine, see you in N.Y. 

Really you don't need a game for him to react to a receivers movements, and that's all we need to see. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8867 : August 19, 2013, 02:46:41 PM

He needs to take and deliver a few hits in a game during preseason, just my opinion.

Out of curiosity, why would you say it is necessary for your lock down cover corner to give/receive contact during the preseason (or at any time for that matter)?

Really no idea huh? Well coming back from an injury like this puts a shadow of doubt in a players mind, as unrealistic as it may be, about being in a game. I believe it's a confidence thing to just play football and forget about his knee and ensure to himself that he can do it. I can tell you from experience, practice, even though full speed, cannot give the same speed and intensity.

That's my opinion.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#8868 : August 19, 2013, 02:53:30 PM

Really no idea huh? Well coming back from an injury like this puts a shadow of doubt in a players mind, as unrealistic as it may be, about being in a game. I believe it's a confidence thing to just play football and forget about his knee and ensure to himself that he can do it. I can tell you from experience, practice, even though full speed, cannot give the same speed and intensity.

That's my opinion.

So tackling an offensive player or getting trucked by one would make a hall of fame corner back more confident in his surgically repaired knee?  Having NO experience in such things, I would have guessed that covering a receiver when you don't know what route he is going to run, making full speed cuts, stopping/starting, that's the type of stuff that would give him the confidence you are speaking of.  I will have to defer to your experience on the subject though. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8869 : August 19, 2013, 02:57:56 PM

That's my opinion.

So tackling an offensive player or getting trucked by one would make a hall of fame corner back more confident in his surgically repaired knee?  Having NO experience in such things, I would have guessed that covering a receiver when you don't know what route he is going to run, making full speed cuts, stopping/starting, that's the type of stuff that would give him the confidence you are speaking of.  I will have to defer to your experience on the subject though.

No, your right, that stuff counts, but there is no simulation for a real game, even if it is preseason. I'm not suggesting he play a full quarter but I think a series would be helpful to him. I do believe there is something to the idea that he can take a hit and nothing, his knee, breaks and he is able to hop up and play another down.

- Everyone

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#8870 : August 19, 2013, 03:04:12 PM

If we were talking about 95% of NFL players, I would be much more incline to agree with you. 

I just think it's silly to suggest that we "need" to see anything from Darrelle Revis in any preseason game to be comfortable with his status going into the regular season. 

BTW:  my last post to you was way more smart ass they you deserved BucNY.  You're a good poster, it's my day off work and I'm getttin saucy early.  Apologies. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8871 : August 19, 2013, 03:14:30 PM

If we were talking about 95% of NFL players, I would be much more incline to agree with you. 

I just think it's silly to suggest that we "need" to see anything from Darrelle Revis in any preseason game to be comfortable with his status going into the regular season. 

BTW:  my last post to you was way more smart ass they you deserved BucNY.  You're a good poster, it's my day off work and I'm getttin saucy early.  Apologies.

Lol, understood! This board has a way of wearing on rational people...

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8872 : August 20, 2013, 04:32:16 PM

Imagine being on Revis island with that thing!?!? Bam!

- Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8873 : August 20, 2013, 04:36:02 PM

Consider that Revis Island isn't really a place, but a nickname for a man.....and then reread what you posted.

Draft Aaron Donald

TBChucky

Starter
#8874 : August 21, 2013, 06:17:45 AM

Man, talk about "Poke-ahannas" lol.. My apologies, too early.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8875 : August 21, 2013, 07:11:51 AM

Poke-her-hinee

Draft Aaron Donald

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8876 : August 21, 2013, 10:39:00 AM

Consider that Revis Island isn't really a place, but a nickname for a man.....and then reread what you posted.

/tooliteral

But I still wouldn't actually standing on Darrelle Revis with that woman, just to clarify.

- Everyone

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8877 : August 22, 2013, 01:03:21 AM

Sometimes.....after 230,845 looksies.....threads tend to go astray.....don't know why.....but it's a fact.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8878 : August 22, 2013, 08:30:42 AM

Yes it is

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8879 : August 22, 2013, 08:35:33 AM

Welcome to the staff
Page: 1 ... 590 591 592 593 594 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools