Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 612

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#90 : February 20, 2013, 10:34:04 AM

People forget how good Revis really is. I get he's a diva and all that, and like I said you can pay him what he wants without hurting our cap space big time. It's not our money, what do we care if the Glazers decide to spend on him? He's def worth at least a 1st rounder
I don't think people forget how good he WAS but they are worried about how good he will be.
Just because a couple of guys came back good as new from similar injuries doesn't mean they all will.
There is a very big chance he could be a vastly inferior player now.

Mix that with the constant money issue headaches he provides and it's going to take a GM looking for a hail mary to help save his job or one who has gained a lot of good will with the owner that takes a risk with him.

Tobias Funke

Starter
#91 : February 20, 2013, 11:05:04 AM

Two 1st round picks is too much. A 1st and a 3rd or a 4th? Absolutely. We're more than likely going to take a cornerback in the first round anyways, we might as well get the best one in the game. Revis tore his ACL in the beginning of last season, he will be 100% again in time for training camp. Its time to win now, and Revis can make that happen. On top of that, whetever young CB's we have or decide to bring in, they have the best in the game to learn from.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#92 : February 20, 2013, 11:33:24 AM

The risk with Revis is much higher than a rookie. For the cost of Revis, you can sign two high-priced free agents not coming off injury as well as the rookie(s) you draft with the picks you'd have to give up for Revis.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#93 : February 20, 2013, 11:47:41 AM

The risk with Revis is much higher than a rookie. For the cost of Revis, you can sign two high-priced free agents not coming off injury as well as the rookie(s) you draft with the picks you'd have to give up for Revis.

Only way Id give something up for Revis is if we were really close to winning a championship and getting a shutdown guy like Revis to put the team over the top. We still have other needs and can spend that money elsewhere. Build the team up and then when close then you go get a Revis type player. I know they arent always readily available but when they are there you have to at least inquire about them. However If you build your team well in the first place, you dont have to wait. You already got your stud players through the draft. Problem is this team hasnt done the greatest job in the draft. Theyve done ok (last years was great) but could do better overall.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#94 : February 20, 2013, 11:50:45 AM

Only way Id give something up for Revis is if we were really close to winning a championship and getting a shutdown guy like Revis to put the team over the top. We still have other needs and can spend that money elsewhere. Build the team up and then when close then you go get a Revis type player. I know they arent always readily available but when they are there you have to at least inquire about them. However If you build your team well in the first place, you dont have to wait. You already got your stud players through the draft. Problem is this team hasnt done the greatest job in the draft. Theyve done ok (last years was great) but could do better overall.

who is to say we arent close to winning a championship?  we clean up our pass defense and we have a top defense in the league, possibly the best.  we also have a QB entering his prime in his 2nd year of an offense with weapons galore and protection to the max.

although i have certainly cooled on revis with his demands.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#95 : February 20, 2013, 12:45:17 PM

So next year, if freeman tanks... We have no 1st to draft a new QB? And no cap space to sign a good veteran? Pass.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#96 : February 20, 2013, 01:34:44 PM

who is to say we arent close to winning a championship?  we clean up our pass defense and we have a top defense in the league, possibly the best.  we also have a QB entering his prime in his 2nd year of an offense with weapons galore and protection to the max.

although i have certainly cooled on revis with his demands.

Well it seems to be the concensus around here. Who knows how close we are though. One things for sure they need to add talent and they need to learn from their mistakes from last season.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#97 : February 20, 2013, 04:23:09 PM

So next year, if freeman tanks... We have no 1st to draft a new QB? And no cap space to sign a good veteran? Pass.

Who's saying give up two 1st rounders ?? I don't think anyone wants to do the deal if the price is that high

....and we'd still have cap space even with Revis on the roster , so that argument is bogus . Most people are suggesting spending more than the 16- 20 mill Revis would cost this offseason, they are just doing it in different ways.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#98 : February 20, 2013, 05:39:23 PM

Anything more than a 3rd round pick would be a waste on this goon, the guy is old, worn out and clearly injury prone.

I rather take one or two corners coming out of college and save our money.

Isnt ths the first Major Injury for Revis.....I wouldnt say Injury Prone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#99 : February 20, 2013, 05:46:01 PM

So not only do we have to give up at least one 1st round pick, maybe two....but his salary is so large that we won't be able to sign any other FAs this year? No thanks.

I'll take two good CBs like Lewis and Toler, a good DT like Dorsey, a good LB like Durant, and a good TE like Bennett with that money.....over one single CB that is coming of injury and might not even be great anymore. Those 5 guys, or 5 similar guys, are going to have more of an effect on this team than one CB, no matter how good he is. The money is also spread out over several players so if a couple don't work out, chances are you still get a few guys that do. With Revis, it's all eggs in one basket. If he gets hurt or isn't the same player or decides to hold out again....you are screwed.
: February 20, 2013, 05:49:34 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#100 : February 20, 2013, 07:36:41 PM

What part of "you can give him the 17-20 million without it being a huge cap hit" don't u understand. If the Glazers want, it wouldn't hurt our FA spending.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#101 : February 20, 2013, 07:38:57 PM

The only thing that should stop us from doing this deal is if they ask for too much, as in 2 1st rd picks, or the fact that he's a diva. The money he wants isn't, and shouldn't be an issue.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#102 : February 20, 2013, 07:46:31 PM

What part of "you can give him the 17-20 million without it being a huge cap hit" don't u understand. If the Glazers want, it wouldn't hurt our FA spending.

either im reading this wrong, or i think you forgot the blue font.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#103 : February 20, 2013, 07:52:54 PM

Well, obviously, the core concept.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#104 : February 20, 2013, 07:53:23 PM

People forget how good Revis really is. I get he's a diva and all that, and like I said you can pay him what he wants without hurting our cap space big time. It's not our money, what do we care if the Glazers decide to spend on him? He's def worth at least a 1st rounder

I care when he's bltchin about being underpaid in 2 yrs.

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools