Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#9120 : September 30, 2013, 05:34:03 PM

The only reason Palmer didnt come here is because we didnt guarantee him the starting job. Which means their plan was for Josh to succeed. What they wanted was a vet backup in case Freeman is injured but also in case he self-destructs (which was a legit fear). Glennon was likely a project. We dont really know what we have in Glennon. That game yesterday didnt really tell us much either way. He's a rookie in his first start who only had a week to prepare as a starter. I mean what do you expect, him to go out and start throwing like Brett Favre?

The move for Revis I think was also being pushed by the Glazers and Dominik more than Schiano. That's just my personal assessment. There is a marketing issue there too beyond his play on the field. Revis sells tickets. He sells jerseys. He brings attention to the franchise.

The only way the Bucs were going to cut him after this year is if his knee didnt hold up. Sometimes players dont come back from that as successfully.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#9121 : September 30, 2013, 06:49:41 PM

The only reason Palmer didnt come here is because...

...the Raiders traded him to Phoenix.

Carson was not in control of the compensation other teams were willing to give up and therefore had to go where the Raiders traded him to. It was on record at the time that he had interest in going to Tampa but did not have the final say-so....

Back to the star of our show.....Revis ain't going anywhere....the Glazers moved heaven and earth to get him and they ain't gonna trade him unless there's a ridiculous compensation package being offered which is very unlikely at this stage.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#9122 : March 10, 2014, 10:46:04 PM

There's a very real chance the Bucs waive him before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

No one could have seen this coming!!!!!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#9123 : March 10, 2014, 10:47:11 PM

FAK YOU NOOOO

😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#9124 : March 10, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

This should be the only thread for all the Revis conversations. 3SK where are you??

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#9125 : March 10, 2014, 10:51:10 PM

This should be the only thread for all the Revis conversations. 3SK where are you??

Mourning.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9126 : March 10, 2014, 10:56:41 PM

I can't take this thread right now.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#9127 : March 10, 2014, 10:58:23 PM

I can't take this thread right now.

I know man. So many great memories. I'm sick.

zsmith22

Starter

#9128 : March 10, 2014, 10:59:35 PM

Looking through this thread has me depressed

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9129 : March 10, 2014, 11:02:04 PM

Looking through this thread has me depressed
Don't do it.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#9130 : March 10, 2014, 11:06:52 PM

Can we please rename this The Naismith Thread? It's so rare that I'm correct about something that 600+ pages of clairvoyance and soothsaying deserves to be immortalized!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9131 : March 10, 2014, 11:16:37 PM

My two cents.

I think they tried to get Revis to restructure to a reasonable, sustainable contract and he said no. Now they are trying to show him that nobody else is going to give him $16M/yr in hopes they can get him to restructure and still keep him....or get something of value in a trade. The bottom line is the top 5 CBs make $10M per year. Giving Revis $16M was/is stupid and Lovie isn't going to continue it. People can hate on Lovie if this goes south, but I think you can blame Revis for not excepting a restructure that lowers his yearly cap hit and adds a bunch of guaranteed money. He is obviously only willing to play here if he is ridiculously over commentated.

You can also blame Dom for creating this mess in the first place.

Also, if I am wrong...then someone will trade for him and take on that $16M contract. We'll see. I don't think anyone wants to pay a CB that much. Market says it should be about $12.5M/yr.
: March 10, 2014, 11:18:45 PM JDouble

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#9132 : March 10, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

I'm going to need some props in here!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#9133 : March 10, 2014, 11:32:23 PM

God, I hated the idea of this trade and then hated that the Bucs did the trade, but it looks so much worse now. As great as Revis is, as well as he has played, CB just isn't an impactful position to win or lose games. I thought it was a bad trade at the time, but now, it's so much worse paying such a huge price to get a guy when you're not nearly sold on your QB. That was a "one piece away" move and if they thought they were that close, fine, I still think it's a terrible move, but at least they were going for it.

Of all the moves Dominik has made that has been questioned, this is the one that makes me shake my head the most because it shows such a lack of understanding of where the team is.

Here's a gem from page 604

All praise Naismith!

Orangegone1

Starter

#9134 : March 10, 2014, 11:33:45 PM

Great move by the Bucs. I guess he had no interest in restructuring. As many FA's as we are looking at, we will need that money to compete with the teams that have double more space than our cap number. Old CB's go fast. I can remember Nate Clements getting big money then going down fast. Then Asante Samuel, then Asomugha. Hopefully we can get some picks, regain our 3rd(which is almost like a high 2nd in a very good draft) then fill 4-5 spots and upgrade 2-3 others. This has to be done. You can't pay a guy to cover 1 of the 4-5 receivers 16M. Makes no sense.
Page: 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools