Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 ... 612

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4590 : March 25, 2013, 09:59:10 PM

Why not just wait until after this draft???  Will Hate blow a gasket???

They can't.   If no Revis, the first couple of picks will most likely be CB's.  If Revis is on board by the draft, then that changes the draft strategy somewhat.  But bottom line, Dom HAS to know by the time the first pick gets announced.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#4591 : March 25, 2013, 10:01:58 PM

To be clear, i still waiver back and forth at to whether its a smart move BUT when i look at our current CB corp, i'm more afraid of going into next season without him.

Dude is only 27, it could be a Hardy Nickerson type signing.  Where he still has a good number of years in his prime.

28 by the time the season starts

Go Bucs

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4592 : March 25, 2013, 10:05:28 PM

To be clear, i still waiver back and forth at to whether its a smart move BUT when i look at our current CB corp, i'm more afraid of going into next season without him.

Dude is only 27, it could be a Hardy Nickerson type signing.  Where he still has a good number of years in his prime.

That is still young though. Hell, Ronde will be  38 by the time the season starts, assuming he comes back.    I would be confident Revis good for a 5 year deal, and still be very productive.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#4593 : March 25, 2013, 10:08:15 PM

That is still young though. Hell, Ronde will be  38 by the time the season starts, assuming he comes back.    I would be confident Revis good for a 5 year deal, and still be very productive.

Save the draft picks, make Revis prove he is healthy this season, then go overspend for him next year when he hit FA and will be 29

You must be accountable for your actions!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4594 : March 25, 2013, 10:13:34 PM

I am a good friend of Germanbuc and he does work hard on his music.

Dunno why he put it here though lol!

95,000 views!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4595 : March 25, 2013, 10:13:43 PM

Save the draft picks, make Revis prove he is healthy this season, then go overspend for him next year when he hit FA and will be 29

The only problem there, every team in the league would be bidding, that would drive the price beyond reasonable.   And if 31 other teams are bidding, why would he chose the Bucs?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4596 : March 25, 2013, 10:14:59 PM

Why not just wait until after this draft???  Will Hate blow a gasket???

why would i do that??

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#4597 : March 25, 2013, 10:20:40 PM

If you are willing to spend an obscene amount of money this offseason and give up draft picks to insure the services of a player coming off of a torn ACL, why wouldn't you just wait a season spend a little more than obscene money next offseason to insure said player is healthy and back from his injury and save the draft picks.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4598 : March 25, 2013, 10:23:43 PM

If you are willing to spend an obscene amount of money this offseason and give up draft picks to insure the services of a player coming off of a torn ACL, why wouldn't you just wait a season spend a little more than obscene money next offseason to insure said player is healthy and back from his injury and save the draft picks.

This year, everything is falling in place.

Next year, its a longshot.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#4599 : March 25, 2013, 10:24:33 PM

Huh?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4600 : March 25, 2013, 10:25:18 PM

The only problem there, every team in the league would be bidding, that would drive the price beyond reasonable.   And if 31 other teams are bidding, why would he chose the Bucs?

Not quite every team but your point is valid.  There would be a lot more competition and he may take a little less to play for a team on the cusp on the Superbowl

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4601 : March 25, 2013, 10:26:20 PM

As a free agent, he controls where he goes.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#4602 : March 25, 2013, 10:26:53 PM

Good stuff.  He is quite the talker, but he earned Dez Bryants respect.  Looks like he has some leadership qualities, something we could use, especially if Ronde retires.
The swagger him and Goldson would bring to the secondary would be insane.

Agree! Revis would bring some much needed attitude and leadership on D.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#4603 : March 25, 2013, 10:27:51 PM

Not quite every team but your point is valid.  There would be a lot more competition and he may take a little less to play for a team on the cusp on the Superbowl

You seem to assume that the Bucs would not be on the "cusp" of winning the Super Bowl again...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4604 : March 25, 2013, 10:30:51 PM

Huh?

This year,  its the Bucs dealing with Idzic [sp?]

Next year, its the whole league dealing with Idzic. Even the Jets could be bidding if he becomes a free agent.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools