Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 ... 612

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#5445 : April 04, 2013, 06:46:42 PM

In 1 sentence Dashon Goldson gives us a shot to make the playoffs... Him AND Revis makes us Super Bowl contenders IMO. Nobody other then us has this much young talent and potential on our team.

yes, in a dream where freeman suddenly explodes and we become first team in history to go thru the season without losing a single starter
seams you forgot  we have zero depth! draming is not forbidden, but wake up!
in terms of probability, considering we were hit VERY hard by the injury bug this season, we're far more likely to be generally healthy in the upcoming season

gone

Hall of Famer
#5446 : April 04, 2013, 06:54:52 PM

yes, in a dream where freeman suddenly explodes and we become first team in history to go thru the season without losing a single starter
seams you forgot  we have zero depth! draming is not forbidden, but wake up!

we've got more depth than you give credit for.

Yeah, DJ Ware is a great #2.  Orlovsky could start for many teams.  Our backup NT is as good as our starting NT.  Our backup DE had nine sacks.  Foster and David barely won their spots over their backups.  SAM is a strength in the LB corps.  Ogletree and Underwood could easily step in if VJax or Williams got hurt without us missing a beat.  It's gonna be a great battle between those All-Pro TEs Stocker and Crabtree.  Our secondary is as deep and talented  as they come.

Yeah, real deep.

Seriously, I'm not concerned about the O that much, you can't have ten stars at every position.  But we don't even have a full slate of starters on D, let alone depth.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5447 : April 04, 2013, 06:55:24 PM

If looked at on a scale from 0-10....I wouldn't say that our depth was at a 0...but I wouldn't put it anywhere above a 3.

sure, ill ask you again what you believe on the first day of training camp.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#5448 : April 04, 2013, 06:56:16 PM

From a probability perspective, the Bucs are no more or less likely to suffer from injuries this year than any other time. Last year's bad luck has no bearing on the probability of this season.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5449 : April 04, 2013, 06:59:34 PM

From a probability perspective, the Bucs are no more or less likely to suffer from injuries this year than any other time. Last year's bad luck has no bearing on the probability of this season.

Actually, it does.  We went over this years ago for some reason and I made the same point you are making.  And I was wrong.  I'll try and find the link on the math.  Who was that "inveterate gambler" I was arguing that with?

gone

Hall of Famer
#5450 : April 04, 2013, 07:06:51 PM

Well, to clarify, it does when you are projecting forward, not to distinct events.  Like the odds of getting heads on any coin toss are 50%.  But the odds of getting consecutive heads are 25%.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#5451 : April 04, 2013, 07:11:31 PM

Yes, the past doesn't impact future odds. The probability of the Bucs suffering injuries in this upcoming season isn't impacted at all by what occurred last season, just like every coin flip is 50-50 no matter if it came up heads the previous ten times.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5452 : April 04, 2013, 07:20:24 PM

If looked at on a scale from 0-10....I wouldn't say that our depth was at a 0...but I wouldn't put it anywhere above a 3.

sure, ill ask you again what you believe on the first day of training camp.

Cool.

The depth I am most concerned with is the depth at positions that use a regular rotation of players rather than overall injury insurance depth.

The most competitive teams have great rotations on the DL, DBs, and receiving positions. We have very very very poor depth at the DT and DE positions. We do have decent depth at safety, but just plain awful depth at the CB position. On the receiving end, we have below average depth at the WR/TE spots.

If we can improve those rotations between now and the start of the season....then I will feel much better about our depth.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#5453 : April 04, 2013, 07:28:37 PM

Yes, the past doesn't impact future odds.
except that it does.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#5454 : April 04, 2013, 07:40:30 PM

Regression towards the mean.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5455 : April 04, 2013, 08:52:42 PM

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Mike Wallace is going to be a huge disappointment in Miami in my estimation.

not I. I'd take wallace over v-jax or mike williams all day. dude has wheels.

You're nutz...with Wallace, its all or nothing. He doesn't move the chains.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#5456 : April 04, 2013, 09:09:35 PM

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Mike Wallace is going to be a huge disappointment in Miami in my estimation.

Well that would be a mistake

youngone

Hall of Famer

#5457 : April 04, 2013, 09:34:21 PM

He would be the 3rd best receiver here. If he isn't catching the long ball then he's nothing special.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#5458 : April 04, 2013, 10:08:36 PM

except that it does.

LOL, no it doesn't. If the Bucs had zero injuries last year, it would have no impact on the probability of them suffering injuries this year.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#5459 : April 04, 2013, 11:22:01 PM

except that it does.

LOL, no it doesn't. If the Bucs had zero injuries last year, it would have no impact on the probability of them suffering injuries this year.

It does in that guys who have had injuries are often more likely than those who haven't, to get injured again.
Page: 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools