Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 ... 612

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #5460 : April 04, 2013, 11:27:24 PM »

Yeah, but since that is counter to the point he was making (that having an injury-full season last year means it's less likely this year), I don't believe he was referring to it in that regard. From a strict probability standpoint, what happened last year has no impact one what happens this year. From the standpoint of injuries leading to more injuries, yes, there can be an impact.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #5461 : April 05, 2013, 12:13:38 AM »

except that it does.

LOL, no it doesn't. If the Bucs had zero injuries last year, it would have no impact on the probability of them suffering injuries this year.

It does in that guys who have had injuries are often more likely than those who haven't, to get injured again.

Idk if that's logical to put them all into one group like that.

Some injuries are a product of genetic malfunction, take gmac for example. Nothing about his injury was related to the next. Once those injuries occurred, it was repaired and I'll bet he doesn't have a relapse of any kind related to either ever again.

Now, as far as ACL's go, you have me there. But the point is that not all injuries should be bunched into a catigory of "injury-prone" or not. Besides, those types of injuries take time, money, and therapy, which he'll have a bunch of before the bucs trade for him. Not only that, but they'll get to take a look at him up close before the trade, if they already haven't. Just because he was injured, doesn't mean his career is over or anything.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #5462 : April 05, 2013, 01:06:52 AM »

Did the Buccaneers violate the NFL anti-tampering policy?

by Gil Arcia

April 4, 2013

The NFL takes it’s anti-tampering policy very serious. So serious that Greg Schiano fears to mention Darrelle Revis by his name to make sure he doesn’t get a letter from the league. Unfortunately, the Bucs may have violated the policy anyhow.

CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora was on 98.7 The Fan with Justin “The Commish” Pawloski when La Canfora revealed something very interesting when asked about a deal between the Bucs and the Jets for Darrelle Revis.

Pawlowski: From the people you talked to Jason, how close did the deal come to coming to fruition when free agency began or at the owner’s meetings? Did it get that close where it could have happened?

La Canfora: Both these teams have had plenty of communication, at least from the Bucs and Revis’ agent to get to a point where they’d be relatively comfortable with what the money would look like on the deal. Really it’s a matter of New York squeezing and feeling if they are getting value for him because they don’t want to look like fools for giving this guy (Revis) away.

Where’s the violation? The part where the Bucs spoke to Revis’ agent.

How so?

Weeks back, in an article published right here on The Bay Cave, the league’s policy against tampering was detailed to where the Bucs players were unable to reach out to players under contract outside of Tampa Bay. It also included wording from the policy saying no club should be “involved in a private meeting or conversation with a player (or his representative) who is under contract.” Which is where La Canfora’s statements in the interview fall into play here.

Per league documentation, the above clearly falls under a possible violation. Whether the league decides to pursue it further is another question. For now, the league has decided not to comment based off of the interview alone.

Seems as if the longer this Darrelle Revis to the Bucs talk drags on, more and more bits of information is revealed that could potentially have a negative implication on the possible trade. Which will not be a good thing.

link to this article: http://www.thebaycave.com/2013/04/04/did-the-buccaneers-violate-the-nfl-anti-tampering-policy/

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #5463 : April 05, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »

Little money for NFC South CBs

April, 3, 2013

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

If you want to make serious money, you probably don’t want to be a cornerback in the NFC South right now.

With the departures of Dunta Robinson and Chris Gamble, there just aren’t many highly-paid cornerbacks left in the division.

I just did a quick sampling of NFC South cornerback salaries (including bonuses) for this year and only Atlanta’s Asante Samuel ($4.95 million), New Orleans’ Keenan Lewis ($7 million), Jabari Greer ($4.15 million) and Patrick Robinson ($800,000), Carolina’s Captain Munnerlyn ($1.1 million) and Tampa Bay’s Eric Wright ($7.75 million) are scheduled to make more than the minimum salary, which varies depending on the number of accrued seasons a player has. And it’s important to note that Wright is likely to either take a cut in pay or get released before long.

This is all shocking for a division that’s full of high-powered offenses. Right now, there’s no clear-cut best cornerback in the division.

That leads me to believe that all four teams might not be done making moves at cornerback. Carolina doesn’t have a No. 1 corner on its roster. Neither does Atlanta. Greer and Lewis might be all right in New Orleans, but the Saints need some insurance in case Robinson has a repeat of last year. Outside of Wright, Tampa Bay has a bunch of young, no-name corners.

That’s got to change. We’re going to see some corners taken early by NFC South teams in the upcoming draft and that could bump up the pay scale.

Of course, there’s one other scenario hanging out there that could change the cornerback pay scale. If Tampa Bay ever gets around to trading for Darrelle Revis (and I think there still is a decent chance of that), the Bucs will have to work a long-term deal to pay him more than any other cornerback.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #5464 : April 05, 2013, 01:14:53 AM »

Did the Buccaneers violate the NFL anti-tampering policy?

by Gil Arcia

April 4, 2013

The NFL takes it’s anti-tampering policy very serious. So serious that Greg Schiano fears to mention Darrelle Revis by his name to make sure he doesn’t get a letter from the league. Unfortunately, the Bucs may have violated the policy anyhow.

CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora was on 98.7 The Fan with Justin “The Commish” Pawloski when La Canfora revealed something very interesting when asked about a deal between the Bucs and the Jets for Darrelle Revis.

Pawlowski: From the people you talked to Jason, how close did the deal come to coming to fruition when free agency began or at the owner’s meetings? Did it get that close where it could have happened?

La Canfora: Both these teams have had plenty of communication, at least from the Bucs and Revis’ agent to get to a point where they’d be relatively comfortable with what the money would look like on the deal. Really it’s a matter of New York squeezing and feeling if they are getting value for him because they don’t want to look like fools for giving this guy (Revis) away.

Where’s the violation? The part where the Bucs spoke to Revis’ agent.

How so?

Weeks back, in an article published right here on The Bay Cave, the league’s policy against tampering was detailed to where the Bucs players were unable to reach out to players under contract outside of Tampa Bay. It also included wording from the policy saying no club should be “involved in a private meeting or conversation with a player (or his representative) who is under contract.” Which is where La Canfora’s statements in the interview fall into play here.

Per league documentation, the above clearly falls under a possible violation. Whether the league decides to pursue it further is another question. For now, the league has decided not to comment based off of the interview alone.

Seems as if the longer this Darrelle Revis to the Bucs talk drags on, more and more bits of information is revealed that could potentially have a negative implication on the possible trade. Which will not be a good thing.

link to this article: http://www.thebaycave.com/2013/04/04/did-the-buccaneers-violate-the-nfl-anti-tampering-policy/

Or this could be further evidence that a deal has been done for some time, and the teams are just waiting to announce it (and therefore the Bucs had the Jets permission to talk to Revis' agent).

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5465 : April 05, 2013, 02:12:35 AM »

Or this could be further evidence that a deal has been done for some time, and the teams are just waiting to announce it (and therefore the Bucs had the Jets permission to talk to Revis' agent).

Agree.  That is my theory also.  They announce it on draft day.  And Blount is part of the deal.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #5466 : April 05, 2013, 07:03:16 AM »

I agree as well. If the Jets are there or have given permission, I don't believe it's tampering.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #5467 : April 05, 2013, 07:26:23 AM »

So we are talking to the Jets every day .....and suddenly we just cut our backup QB.....more proof Baby Jesus is coming in the deal , lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

« #5468 : April 05, 2013, 08:13:20 AM »

I would hate getting Tebow. However if they throw in revis as well I'm all in.

Go Bucs

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #5469 : April 05, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »

.....more proof Baby Jesus is coming in the deal , lol.

I think Lorig is doing just fine at FB.  Maybe Tebow is the pass catching TE that we are looking for? 

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #5470 : April 05, 2013, 09:13:08 AM »

I want Revis as well, but hate wouldn't be a strong enough word for me if Tebow got traded here.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #5471 : April 05, 2013, 10:40:01 AM »

While Tebow is a Buccaneer man, he is missing a big ingredient to being on this team, talent.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #5472 : April 05, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »

I'm sure the same idiocy was parroted about Warren Moon, who had to go through the CFL to get to the HOF.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #5473 : April 05, 2013, 11:16:18 AM »

I want Revis as well, but hate wouldn't be a strong enough word for me if Tebow got traded here.

Not only that, but the bucs would probably turn into the jets.

Tebow is about the biggest destraction you could give your QB. And I don't think freeman, nor the rest of the team (especially the ones who are on bubble/last season) would be OK with that. Let alone handle it well if it did happen.

Good thing is, the bucs would have to pick up his contract, which I seriously doubt the glazers would want to pay for. Especially after taking a cap hit like revis. He wouldn't break the bank or anything, but he's simply not worth it given that freeman rarely gets hurt.

Bad thing is, Schiano might be enamored with Tim and figures if freeman tanks, he could see how the rest of the season pans out with Tim at the helm. If it doesn't work out, sit Tim back down and go back to the drawing board next season. It could very well be what schiano wants. Tim after all, does somewhat embody what the TBA mantra that schiano has stated time and time again. At least in the media he's portrayed that way anyway.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #5474 : April 05, 2013, 11:36:30 AM »

I agree as well. If the Jets are there or have given permission, I don't believe it's tampering.
I have to say this is what I'm thinking as well. More likely than not, it's been done, they are just waiting until draft day to announce it.

Formerly known as Revis Islander
  Page: 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools