Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 ... 612

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#6090 : April 10, 2013, 10:41:28 AM

I wish the Bucs would just put together an Offer Sheet that the cap strapped Packers can't match for Sam Sheilds. The Bucs give up a 2nd round pick to the Packers and pay Shields half of what you would pay Revis. The Jets would **CENSORED** themselves at that point.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6091 : April 10, 2013, 10:45:03 AM

I wish the Bucs would just put together an Offer Sheet that the cap strapped Packers can't match for Sam Sheilds. The Bucs give up a 2nd round pick to the Packers and pay Shields half of what you would pay Revis. The Jets would **CENSORED** themselves at that point.

Id be ok with that. They wouldnt have to pay any first rounders. They wouldnt get Revis but you also wouldnt be worried about a guy coming off a serious knee injury.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#6092 : April 10, 2013, 10:51:42 AM

Really? I'd rather trade a first for Revis than a second for Sam Shields. That's not even close.

Dom - Put these clowns on the clock. Make the Jets a good offer with an expiration date.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6093 : April 10, 2013, 10:53:58 AM

That would certainly give J-dub a perma-boner. Half the price and half the talent. I'd rather give a 1st for Revis than a 2nd for Shields.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

youngone

Hall of Famer
#6094 : April 10, 2013, 10:55:58 AM

That would certainly give J-dub a perma-boner. Half the price and half the talent. I'd rather give a 1st for Revis than a 2nd for Shields.

This..

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#6095 : April 10, 2013, 11:08:40 AM

This..
Without a moment's hesitation.
+1

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#6096 : April 10, 2013, 11:14:24 AM

We are all assuming the Jets will even Trade Revis. I've said from day one that if a trade was going to happen it would have happened by now. The Bucs have not gotten better in the Secondary. If the Bucs go into the season with Wright and a rookie as our starters at CB, then we are 1 injury away form last years Secondary performance.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#6097 : April 10, 2013, 11:23:00 AM

What does everyone think is adequate compensation to give up for Revis? If you believe reports, the Bucs are willing to give up a 1st, 3rd and 6th. That would leave the Bucs with a 2nd, two 4ths, and a 5th this year.

Obtaining Revis cures the CB issue for the Bucs. CB is just one of the weaknesses on the Bucs. What do you do at OLB? or the DL? Or the OT? Or TE?

This draft is one of the deepest at the CB and DL position. I would love to have a talented player of Revis caliber. But at what cost?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#6098 : April 10, 2013, 11:31:26 AM

I think a fair trade for Revis is one of the fourths or maybe a third if the Jets send back a fifth.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#6099 : April 10, 2013, 11:32:49 AM

I think a fair trade for Revis is one of the fourths or maybe a third if the Jets send back a fifth.

...and their orthopedic...

Hoist the Battleflag

youngone

Hall of Famer
#6100 : April 10, 2013, 11:33:01 AM

Lol @ this guy ^

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#6101 : April 10, 2013, 11:38:44 AM

]We are all assuming the Jets will even Trade Revis. I've said from day one that if a trade was going to happen it would have happened by now. The Bucs have not gotten better in the Secondary. If the Bucs go into the season with Wright and a rookie as our starters at CB, then we are 1 injury away form last years Secondary performance.

I respectfully disagree.   I think you're selling Goldson's effectiveness short.   Also, we would most likely draft two CB's between rounds 1 and 4.  The latter would compete with a year older and wiser, Leonard Johnson for a spot in the dime package. And it its certainly possible, if not probable that our pass rush will be improved.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#6102 : April 10, 2013, 11:38:55 AM

Hey, that's more than the Bucs would have had to trade for Haynesworth and Asomugha and those wouldn't have been worth a fourth.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6103 : April 10, 2013, 11:45:17 AM

What does everyone think is adequate compensation to give up for Revis? If you believe reports, the Bucs are willing to give up a 1st, 3rd and 6th. That would leave the Bucs with a 2nd, two 4ths, and a 5th this year.

Obtaining Revis cures the CB issue for the Bucs. CB is just one of the weaknesses on the Bucs. What do you do at OLB? or the DL? Or the OT? Or TE?

This draft is one of the deepest at the CB and DL position. I would love to have a talented player of Revis caliber. But at what cost?

Agreed in my mind our first this year is fine as we would likely use that for a rookie CB anyways. Overall a 1st and 3rd seems fair. I think that 3rd has to be in next years draft. I'm not sure we should give up two high picks in this draft for him. That is expensive. I would love 2 2nds with some lower round pick thrown in.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#6104 : April 10, 2013, 11:52:35 AM

Sam Shields sucks. I wouldn't trade any more than a 4th for him. Giving up a 2nd rounder for him would be terrible.

Page: 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools