Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 ... 612

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6960 : April 18, 2013, 12:04:01 PM

Wow, that post makes no sense but i'm to lazy to change it so deal with it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6961 : April 18, 2013, 12:11:26 PM

Maybe were a better team than last year. The moves we have made have pretty much equaled what has been lost. Goldson is an upgrade for sure. If we get Revis then our secondary will be much better. Lets just hope Freeman takes a step forward. If all that happens then I think were a much improved team and could be a playoff team next year.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#6962 : April 18, 2013, 12:25:55 PM

We're already better than we were at the end of last year. We upgrade Goldson and resigned Wright. People hate Wright but he is would have been starting last year minus the Aderall thing and the fact we may have cut him and didn't want to get him hurt.
this.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6963 : April 18, 2013, 12:55:26 PM

Yea, um, we are not better a better team right now, than we were at the end of the season. Need better CBs than Wright and need more pass rush. Goldson will help some, but not exponentially.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6964 : April 18, 2013, 01:09:43 PM

Yea, um, we are not better a better team right now, than we were at the end of the season. Need better CBs than Wright and need more pass rush. Goldson will help some, but not exponentially.

Its debateable. If we dont get Revis then Id say probably not. Goldson addition does help. Remember Ronde looked a little old back there and Barron is in his second year. He oughta be better. The corners were crap anyways. So I dont know how we can get worse there. The team oughta be better for being year 2 with the coaches but that doesnt mean it will be. Still lots of work to do.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#6965 : April 18, 2013, 01:28:30 PM

I think you have to be pretty pessimistic to not think the Bucs are better today than they were at the end of the season. They brought in an All Pro safety that will help the secondary and especially help Mark Barron. Most importantly, everyone is more experienced in the systems in place.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#6966 : April 18, 2013, 01:31:44 PM

This will be the welcome awaiting Revis.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6967 : April 18, 2013, 01:39:22 PM

I wonder if there is a GIF out there of Kerry Rhodes doing this to his man-lover.....

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#6968 : April 18, 2013, 01:49:34 PM

I wonder if there is a GIF out there of Kerry Rhodes doing this to his man-lover.....

Id like to never see it.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#6969 : April 18, 2013, 01:54:21 PM

I think you have to be pretty pessimistic to not think the Bucs are better today than they were at the end of the season. They brought in an All Pro safety that will help the secondary and especially help Mark Barron. Most importantly, everyone is more experienced in the systems in place.

+1

And Nicks and Joseph are coming back from injury.

SoberInSac

Second String

#6970 : April 18, 2013, 02:56:27 PM

Id like to never see it.
.  + 1

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6971 : April 18, 2013, 03:15:51 PM

+1

And Nicks and Joseph are coming back from injury.

I would replace Clayborn with Joseph on the "coming back from injury" importance list. Joseph is average, which is slightly better than what we had playing last year at RG. We won't see much spike in production at RG compared to 2012, I'm afraid.

I buy the "everyone is more experienced". Sure, people will be better at identifying and being in their correct spot/alignment. Sure, Goldson will contribute to the growth of Barron.

Let's be real, though. Clayborn coming back will balance out the loss of Bennett. Sure, Bennett wasn't as valuable as some have made him out to be, but he was the best pass rusher last year. We also have done nothing, so far, to fix the CB issue. So while getting 2 guards back will help, we didn't lose 9 games last year because of poor guard play. So while I do see a talent upgrade there, I don't see it translating to wins that were left on the table last year. I also firmly believe that if you stick Goldson on last years team, the Bucs would have still finished 7-9. FS wasn't a huge problem last year. Against the pass, Goldson isn't leaps ahead of Ronde. Ronde looked poor in some M2M situations last year, but I struggle to think that Goldson would have been much better when matched up 1on1 with Victor Cruz..etc. Goldson is better and has more range in covering the deep halves of the field, but that wasn't a huge issue for any of the 3 safeties that covered those halves throughout the season. Goldson is also a better run defender than any of our safeties, but once again, that wasn't much of an issue last year since the front 7 had most of the run plays cleaned up before the secondary was needed. Listen , I know how talented Goldson is, but this isn't a huge upgrade in terms of fixing the problems that this team had last year. Schiano isn't going to change how he uses Barron. He will use him exactly the same. He will see about the same amount snaps as the safety closer to the LOS, he will see the majority of the snaps as the 2nd of 2 deep safeties where neither is closer to the LOS and are fully concentrated on the pass, and he will probably see the same amount of coverages where he is the deep safety. Schiano sees both safeties as limitless and will play them as if they are clones of one another.

Bottom line. For me, until I see significant upgrades to the pass rush and CBs, I don't see a team that will have any more success than they did last year.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#6972 : April 18, 2013, 03:37:05 PM

Jason La Canfora:
With the draft a week away, trade action will continue to pick up, and plenty of scenarios are under review.

The Dolphins are exploring a trade for Chiefs tackle Branden Albert, sources say; the Jets are still considering a move for Saints restricted free-agent running back Chris Ivory; and the Bucs are shopping running back LeGarrette Blount.

Oh, and Tampa Bay is still well-positioned to deal its first-round pick and more to the Jets for corner Darrelle Revis. Many teams, when doing their mock drafts, are doing versions with the Jets already holding that 13th pick, given the ongoing Revis talks.

If New York ends up getting Tampa Bay's pick to go with its ninth overall pick, some execs believe the team could end up taking two West Virginia offensive stars -- quarterback Geno Smith and receiver Tavon Austin, if they were available at those spots
Read more: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/22097692/trade-talk-heating-up-around-league-with-draft-week-away

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6973 : April 18, 2013, 03:45:13 PM

DONT GIVE UP 13!!

X-RayCat57

Second String

#6974 : April 18, 2013, 03:49:01 PM

PLEASE GIVE UP 13!!

\\\"Rock on London, Rock on Chicago! Taco bell, run for the border!\\\"
Page: 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools