Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which draft strategy would get Bucs closer to a Super Bowl? « previous next »
Page: 1

Dy-nasty D

Starter
: February 10, 2013, 12:27:44 PM

I'm not saying we would or should, but if you had to go ALL offense or ALL defense in this draft, "fixing" one side of the team, which path gets the Bucs closer to being a contender?

For example:
1st - OT
2nd - TE
3rd - WR
4th - RB
4th - C

or:
1st - CB
2nd - NT
3rd - FS
4th - SLB
4th - CB

Everyone thinks we'll go Defense heavy in the draft, but if you look at the age of the team, the vets are mostly on the O and the D has most of the youth. The FO might be thinking that we should balance the team by trying to sign veteran FAs on D and draft ing heavier on O.

Thoughts?

danimal09

Starter

#1 : February 10, 2013, 12:31:35 PM

I would say all/heavy defense draft would be better for us but that is as of now. However I think we get two quality CBs in FA (any combo of DCR, Grimes, Arrington,Cox, Cason)  and if that is the case then I wouldn't mind an O heavy draft at all.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 10, 2013, 12:57:31 PM

this year its the defensive strategy. if you cant stop the weak ass eagles and rams you arent going anywhere near a superbowl

robinsonkr12

Rookie

#3 : February 10, 2013, 01:01:29 PM

Defensively heavy draft no doubt. With the team we have on offense, it is a lot easier to get bigger improvement out of our defense.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which draft strategy would get Bucs closer to a Super Bowl? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools