Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount......."Hes got some major character question marks to overcome" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 12, 2013, 09:43:09 AM

Ware is a free agent in 2014. So Martin, Ivory, and Ware would be a pretty good set of RBs next year.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 12, 2013, 09:43:15 AM

Yes Bount will be back......back to where he came from in the panhandle, Florida

I seriously doubt that. He'll have a job within two weeks if released. If he goes to Philly L. McCoy and Blount would make an interesting combo.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 12, 2013, 09:45:20 AM

Reggie Bush is going to want to be the starter where ever he goes. He's not going to get that in Tampa with Douggie running the rock.

Steven Jackson at age 30 might be the best fit for the Bucs if he's willing to comes in and be the change of pace/3rd down guy.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 12, 2013, 09:49:43 AM

Ware is a free agent in 2014. So Martin, Ivory, and Ware would be a pretty good set of RBs next year.

Don't forget the Bucs have Michael Smith on the roster to. I think he will be the 3 RB this year with a year of seasoning under his belt. DJ is gone IMO. Blount is probably gone. The Bucs might tender him to try and get a pick from another team though.

Ms Elam

Starter

#19 : February 12, 2013, 10:00:35 AM

I think RB#2 will be a key acquisition for success this year. Im liking Ivory, Bush, Mendenhall, and Stephens Howling in this FA class.

I was reading earlier,  Bush is shocked and confused the Dolphins have not made him an offer.  So he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder where ever he ends up.
Something tells me Bush ends up with the Broncos and Peyton Manning.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 12, 2013, 10:05:31 AM

Don't forget the Bucs have Michael Smith on the roster to. I think he will be the 3 RB this year with a year of seasoning under his belt. DJ is gone IMO. Blount is probably gone. The Bucs might tender him to try and get a pick from another team though.

Does Michael Smith have any blocking or receiving ability, he doesn't even have good running skills. Running really fast in a straight line won't make you a good RB.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 12, 2013, 10:26:04 AM

Does Michael Smith have any blocking or receiving ability, he doesn't even have good running skills. Running really fast in a straight line won't make you a good RB.

Fans really put too much faith in RBs blocking. If a RB has to block to save a QB and means the play is doomed. Rarely will you see a RB block like a TE or FB.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 12, 2013, 10:30:32 AM

Smith is the mystery man on offense as Myron Lewis is the defense's mystery man. Hopefully we find out what the deal is with both those guys this year. I feel like Stevie Wonder with those two as I don't see it but somebody sure does.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 12, 2013, 10:08:21 PM

Reggie Bush is going to want to be the starter where ever he goes. He's not going to get that in Tampa with Douggie running the rock.

Steven Jackson at age 30 might be the best fit for the Bucs if he's willing to comes in and be the change of pace/3rd down guy.

Jackson is a bit flaky.  He talks about retiring all the time. Then when reporters ask him about it, he says....no just joking around.  And being second fiddle to anyone, might just get him to retire.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount......."Hes got some major character question marks to overcome" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools