Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Dom be Fired if the Bucs do not make the playoffs in 2013? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 12, 2013, 02:15:54 PM

I agree with all of the above from the Glazzers not spending the money because they were up to their eyeballs in debt with ManU, to the Gruden years of terrible drafting, to Dom making some terrible FA signings and drafts and especially Raheem. That said, we fans deserve a better team, one that is consistently competetive, every play, every game, every Sunday. Again, you don't get that turning over the organization totally every three years. We are only one year into the Schiano experiment, let's give it a solid chance. Can't wait to see who they sign in FA and draft. Playoffs or bust.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 12, 2013, 02:19:22 PM

Guys like Clayborn, Bowers, Barron and a few others need to start playing better, and guys like McCoy, David, and Martin need to continue playing well. His draft/FA need to bring in another few impact starters as well.

I prefer to look at the overall state of the team rather than just looking at the record. Like I've said before, what if a bunch of his players bust, and he brings in a couple of overpriced turds, yet Freeman has a great year out of nowhere and leads us to the playoffs. Or if that is too unbelievable, say that Schiano really lobbies for a rookie QB in round 6 that ends up being the next Tom Brady, with Dominik fighting him every step of the way to avoid drafting. Should he really keep his job because the team did well?

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 12, 2013, 02:49:36 PM

Could the problem be the Glazers not willing to spend money.

I think that kinda went out the window last year.

not to mention the year before when they resigned their own free agents to pretty good deals.

kind of a lame argument now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 12, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

Buce Allen was fired after 5 years and 2 playoff appearances.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 12, 2013, 02:57:54 PM

I prefer to look at the overall state of the team rather than just looking at the record.

IMO, you can only look at overall "state of the team" for a short period of time.  After awhile, it just becomes excuses.
I want to see this team return to prominence and I hope Dom/Schiano are the duo that will take them there.

However, if the owners are active once again during FA and the team drafts well again this year, the clock has got to at least start ticking.
Just my opinion...

I like the roster more than I have in years but there are still significant holes.  Hopefully FA/Draft 2013 will put the team on track for a long period of postseason appearances.

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 12, 2013, 02:59:11 PM

That was a total housecleaning.  Different situation.

Turn the page.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 12, 2013, 03:12:20 PM

That was a total housecleaning.  Different situation.
How do we know we don't need another one?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 12, 2013, 03:17:52 PM

I think he's as much under the microscope as Freeman is...or at least he should be.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 12, 2013, 03:20:02 PM

Bruce Allen inherited a team with some talent and experience, even if it had no cap space.

Dominik inherited a complete disaster. Cap space was about all he had.

He's made some contract errors, but he has also laid a pretty good foundation for the future. Greg Schiano is exactly the right coach to lead the Bucs to more Lombardis. You don't change horses in midstream.

RiotHeart

Starter

#24 : February 12, 2013, 03:28:28 PM

Bruce Allen inherited a team with some talent and experience, even if it had no cap space.

Dominik inherited a complete disaster. Cap space was about all he had.

He's made some contract errors, but he has also laid a pretty good foundation for the future. Greg Schiano is exactly the right coach to lead the Bucs to more Lombardis. You don't change horses in midstream.
A team missing the playoffs by a tie breaker is a complete disaster? What does that make missing the playoffs as bad as we have then?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 12, 2013, 03:43:13 PM

Dominik inherited a disaster? News to me. Was a roster that went 9-7, had plenty of cap space, had plenty of draft picks.

Dom was part of the decision to completely purge the roster and "go young" across the board. The worse thing that Dom inherited was that 2009 schedule.

To say that he has "some" contract errors, is an understatement. Even with foundation-type players added in the past year in V-Jax, Martin, David, and Nicks...the foundation overall is still nothing special.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 12, 2013, 03:50:01 PM

Dominik inherited a disaster? News to me. Was a roster that went 9-7, had plenty of cap space, had plenty of draft picks.

Dom was part of the decision to completely purge the roster and "go young" across the board. The worse thing that Dom inherited was that 2009 schedule.

To say that he has "some" contract errors, is an understatement. Even with foundation-type players added in the past year in V-Jax, Martin, David, and Nicks...the foundation overall is still nothing special.

Is there even one player from the 2008 team that started for another team in 2009?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 12, 2013, 04:02:19 PM

Is there even one player from the 2008 team that started for another team in 2009?

Its foolish to think Jeff Garcia, Dunn, Brooks, Buchanon, Spurlock, Matt Bryant, (and maybe even Galloway) couldn't have contributed and at least could've eased the transition....regardless of whether they went to another team after they were cut.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 12, 2013, 04:09:32 PM

What's that have to do with anything? 20 of the Bucs 22 regular starters in 2009 were on the roster in 2008. Dominik gave new contracts to 12 players off the top of my head that were acquired before he got promoted.
: February 12, 2013, 04:22:25 PM Feel Real Good

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 12, 2013, 04:14:28 PM

Its foolish to think Jeff Garcia, Dunn, Brooks, Buchanon, Spurlock, Matt Bryant, (and maybe even Galloway) couldn't have contributed and at least could've eased the transition....regardless of whether they went to another team after they were cut.

The fact remains, they didn't. Facts are facts. Opinions are opinions. What you've got is an opinion.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Dom be Fired if the Bucs do not make the playoffs in 2013? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools