Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Dom be Fired if the Bucs do not make the playoffs in 2013? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#75 : February 15, 2013, 11:23:50 AM

are you personally impressed with the job allen did?
It doesn't matter what I think. I'm trying to compare the accomplishments of a guy who got fired after 5 years with a guy who is about to enter his fifth year whose team has lost a bunch more games than the guy who got fired.

Can you give a list for Dominik similar to the one you gave for Allen?  Don't forget those rose-colored glasses that you used when compiling Allen's.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#76 : February 15, 2013, 11:42:30 AM

It doesn't matter what I think. I'm trying to compare the accomplishments of a guy who got fired after 5 years with a guy who is about to enter his fifth year whose team has lost a bunch more games than the guy who got fired.

Can you give a list for Dominik similar to the one you gave for Allen?  Don't forget those rose-colored glasses that you used when compiling Allen's.
I can make Dominik's accomplishments look just as rosy. I just can't give him more wins than Allen.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#77 : February 15, 2013, 11:52:50 AM

I can make Dominik's accomplishments look just as rosy. I just can't give him more wins than Allen.

There is a reason you see win/loss records associated with HC's and not GM's.  GM's are judged by the talent they acquire, largely through the draft.  I don't think there is any doubt Dominik has bested Allen in that department.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#78 : February 15, 2013, 12:06:19 PM

When is that going to translate to wins?

the magic 8 ball says to ask again later.

coaches, injuries, timing, schedules, divisions, and luck all play into the wins calculator.  and unfortunately there isnt an even plane to compare the past to the present in that regard imo.

i think we can compare talent though.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#79 : February 15, 2013, 12:28:38 PM

When is that going to translate to wins?

the magic 8 ball says to ask again later.

coaches, injuries, timing, schedules, divisions, and luck all play into the wins calculator.  and unfortunately there isnt an even plane to compare the past to the present in that regard imo.

i think we can compare talent though.
Wasn't luck hugely against Bruce Allen? His players were ravaged with injuries. Clayton, Carnell Williams, Dan Buenning, and Arron Sears, among others, were significantly more productive before getting injured. Heck, Allen has had three players he drafted flat out die.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#80 : February 15, 2013, 12:58:45 PM

Wasn't luck hugely against Bruce Allen? His players were ravaged with injuries. Clayton, Carnell Williams, Dan Buenning, and Arron Sears, among others, were significantly more productive before getting injured. Heck, Allen has had three players he drafted flat out die.

does it matter?  if you want to compare allen and dominik after X number of years compare the roster.

not much different than dominik regarding luck though.  i think bad luck and good fortune come with the territory.  i think is a copout to use clayton as bad luck injury, dont you?  heck arron sears mental problems are probably because of the landscape under allen.  what was buennings injury again?  dont the graphs show that caddy had 3 amazing games to start his career and then was pretty average?  and as far as the 3 players that died, were any of them on the roster or had they already been termed bad draft picks?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Dom be Fired if the Bucs do not make the playoffs in 2013? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools