Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik expects the Bucs to be big players in free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #15 : February 13, 2013, 12:00:44 AM »

Revis would be a guy I would pursue, but not at Drew Brees cheddar. Especially after a major knee injury.

+1

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #16 : February 13, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »

Also, I would inquire about Cook and Bennett. I would also inquire about Kruger from the Ravens. He is perfect for a rotational gig and has a lot of energy.

Harvin MUST be inquired about. Get the scoop, investigate, find out what the deal is. The guy is a deluxe gamechanger(^_^)☆. You have to go through due dilligence. If the cost is too steep, the character flaws deemed beyond their willing effort to deal with, then so be it. But man, Harvin makes so much sense. Stud. Was onboard with getting him during the draft...Williams, Harvin, Vincent, Martin, Cook or Keller. Good gravy nipples batman!
Tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities echoes an NFL.com report that the Vikings are unlikely to garner a first-round pick for Percy Harvin.Pelissero, the most reliable Vikings beat reporter of them all, says he's "consistently heard" Harvin would only net Minnesota a second- or third-round pick. It appears our initial guess of a "second-rounder and change" might even have been optimistic. If the Vikings can seriously only get a third-rounder for Harvin, they may as well deal with him in 2013, let him walk in 2014, and hope he gets paid big bucks so they can get back a 2015 compensatory pick. Feb 12 - 8:35 PMSource: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5197/percy-harvin

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #17 : February 13, 2013, 09:22:10 AM »

Nowhere does it say Dom expects to spend big or be big players.
“That has actually opened a lot of cap room for us going into 2013 – a tremendous amount,” Dominik told the Tampa Tribune. “We’ve got a chance to be [heavily] involved in free agency again.”

MH is correct.  I expect them to be big time players, but nowhere does Dom say that.   

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #18 : February 13, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »

Two or three mid range FA's and another solid draft netting 2/3 starters could go a long way to stability for the team. Assuming 4 positions get starters, that's 2 CB's for sure and then pick from FS,LB,TE,RT,DE,DT and the rest of the draft for depth. I still think we are two drafts away from addressing all of the team needs.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #19 : February 13, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »

Nowhere does it say Dom expects to spend big or be big players.
“That has actually opened a lot of cap room for us going into 2013 – a tremendous amount,” Dominik told the Tampa Tribune. “We’ve got a chance to be [heavily] involved in free agency again.”

MH is correct.  I expect them to be big time players, but nowhere does Dom say that.

He's saying it to the Tampa Tribune.

Rotoworld.

Bucs GM Mark Dominik indicated that he plans to be active in free agency again this offseason.
The Bucs signed Vincent Jackson, Eric Wright, and Carl Nicks last March, and still have $30.1 million to work with this spring. "We've got a chance to be (heavily) involved in free agency again," said Dominik, adding that some of the money will be used to retain in-house players. If the Bucs intend to upgrade at running back behind Doug Martin, free agent Ahmad Bradshaw would be a nice fit. He also knows Bucs OC Mike Sullivan from their Giants days.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #20 : February 13, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »

PassthePigsSkin - that's the same quote.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #21 : February 13, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42496/309/nfl-free-agency-rankings?pg=1

Evan Silva ranks CB's as the strongest position in Free Agency.

I agree - and would expect us to be in the race for at least one corner, if not two in FA.

1. Cornerback

This position is loaded with quality NFL starters, and the prohibitive $10.67 million cornerback franchise number ensures it will stay that way. Aqib Talib, 27, Brent Grimes, 29, Sean Smith, 25, Chris Houston, 28, Derek Cox, 26, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, 26, all have experience as No. 1 corners, and of them only Grimes will be 30 years old when the 2013 season starts.

Super Bowl champ Cary Williams, 28, is believed to be looking to break the bank and may have trouble landing the lucrative deal he desires. E.J. Biggers, 25, Antoine Cason, 26, Keenan Lewis, 26, and Mike Jenkins, 27, could be more affordable targets with their best football ahead of them. Bradley Fletcher, 26, and Greg Toler, 28, are potential diamonds in the rough. Darius Butler, 26, Brice McCain, 26, Kyle Arrington, 26, and D.J. Moore, 25, can cover the slot on passing downs. Pacman Jones, 29, is coming off a quietly solid season as Cincinnati's nickel back. Jerraud Powers, 25, and Tracy Porter, 26, are intriguing "rehab" projects after injury-affected years.

Obviously past their primes, Sheldon Brown, 33, Quentin Jammer, 33, Terence Newman, 34, and Rashean Mathis, 32, each may have a year or two left as solid starting cornerbacks in the league. Brown, Jammer, and Mathis could potentially extend their careers by converting to safety.

Although former first-round pick Leodis McKelvin has not panned out as a cover corner, he is still only 27 and led the NFL in 2012 punt return average while bringing back two punts to the house....

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #22 : February 13, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »

Go after corners. Bring a few of them in. Make sure that is no longer a problem. Do that and I think our defense should be better and it would create some flexibility with what they could do in the draft.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #23 : February 13, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »

Sean Smith AND Derek Cox please...

Arrington too...

;)

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

HolyBuc

Starter
« #24 : February 13, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »

Sean Smith AND Derek Cox please...

Arrington too...

;)

Sean Smith, Derek Cox and Bradley Fletcher with Johnson, Gaitor and Gorrer.  Draft a guy like Jamar Taylor or Poyer or even the Honey Badger mostly for his return ability.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #25 : February 13, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »

It all depends on perspective.

I see it as he said "chance" meaning that if they want to sign with the bucs, he's willing to spend.

He can't force them to join, and saying he "will spend," and then doesn't, will only piss off the fanbase even farther.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #26 : February 13, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »

It all depends on perspective.

I see it as he said "chance" meaning that if they want to sign with the bucs, he's willing to spend.

He can't force them to join, and saying he "will spend," and then doesn't, will only piss off the fanbase even farther.

Exactly. Nobody can predict how things will turn out. He has to say "chance" because nothing is guaranteed.

Draft Aaron Donald

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #27 : February 13, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »

;)I'll be @ 1 Buc on Tuesday for breakfast with Dom....will be sure to get a list of who exactly we're after.

-------------------------------------------------------

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #28 : February 13, 2013, 08:14:15 PM »

Tell em to bring back Spann!  8)

Draft Aaron Donald

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #29 : February 13, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »

Also, I would inquire about Cook and Bennett. I would also inquire about Kruger from the Ravens. He is perfect for a rotational gig and has a lot of energy.

Harvin MUST be inquired about. Get the scoop, investigate, find out what the deal is. The guy is a deluxe gamechanger(^_^)☆. You have to go through due dilligence. If the cost is too steep, the character flaws deemed beyond their willing effort to deal with, then so be it. But man, Harvin makes so much sense. Stud. Was onboard with getting him during the draft...Williams, Harvin, Vincent, Martin, Cook or Keller. Good gravy nipples batman!

Now all they'd need is a decent QB...I kid I kid...............................................sorta.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik expects the Bucs to be big players in free agency « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools