Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik expects the Bucs to be big players in free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 13, 2013, 08:26:56 PM

Tell em to bring back Spann!  8)

will get right on that. Are u attending the g2g?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 13, 2013, 10:09:24 PM

Probably not. Wife wants to go to Melbourne to visit family cause she has a four day weekend. I really don't wanna go. Still deciding g if it's worth facing her wrath to just not go.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 13, 2013, 10:46:44 PM

PassthePigsSkin - that's the same quote.

It all depends on perspective.

I see it as he said "chance" meaning that if they want to sign with the bucs, he's willing to spend.

He can't force them to join, and saying he "will spend," and then doesn't, will only piss off the fanbase even farther.

Exactly. Nobody can predict how things will turn out. He has to say "chance" because nothing is guaranteed.

It's PR control.

If he comes out and says something, the fanbase will adhere to it. So if he says it, and none of the avalible FAs give a damn about the bucs, or money for that matter, he cannot retract his previous statement. Not only that, but the minute he says "we will spend," FAs might try to drive the price up when he offers.

We can all say literally that "He didn't say he would spend," but for an NFL GM, that's about as close as you're going to get (without being stupid).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 13, 2013, 10:59:49 PM

PassthePigsSkin - that's the same quote.

It all depends on perspective.

I see it as he said "chance" meaning that if they want to sign with the bucs, he's willing to spend.

He can't force them to join, and saying he "will spend," and then doesn't, will only piss off the fanbase even farther.

Exactly. Nobody can predict how things will turn out. He has to say "chance" because nothing is guaranteed.

It's PR control.

If he comes out and says something, the fanbase will adhere to it. So if he says it, and none of the avalible FAs give a damn about the bucs, or money for that matter, he cannot retract his previous statement. Not only that, but the minute he says "we will spend," FAs might try to drive the price up when he offers.

We can all say literally that "He didn't say he would spend," but for an NFL GM, that's about as close as you're going to get (without being stupid).

We brought in Vincent Jackson and Nicks last year. Both players restructured their contracts so Dom could have more money to spend. Players don't just give up money to not be players in free agency. If they try to drive up the price good luck it's a ton of options at corner in the draft if Free Agency doesn't go well.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 13, 2013, 11:10:17 PM

Probably not. Wife wants to go to Melbourne to visit family cause she has a four day weekend. I really don't wanna go. Still deciding g if it's worth facing her wrath to just not go.

good luck with that!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik expects the Bucs to be big players in free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools