Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Harvin Debate......Worth a 3rd Rounder? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 13, 2013, 02:36:54 PM

Yea he would be good there. He wouldnt be #1 thats for sure but he would be a great weapon for them. He would be here too but our coach doesnt have that patience.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 13, 2013, 02:48:21 PM

He's not a great fit for what we want to do but his talent compared to a 3rd round pick is silly. People habitually overvalue draft picks which have an astonishingly low rate of return. You'd be tickled to get a player like Harvin for an R3 pick so why not pick up a guy like Harvin for an r3 picks without all that nasty guess work.
You're a Harvin fan   

[

He's proven to be better than a 3rd round pick, yes. I don't think Harvin is special what with his gaudy career 11.8 UPC average and never being a 1000 yard WR .  You will recall through the years I don't think all that much of the value of draft picks in general so I am really comparing Harvin's value with a guy who likely won't ever be. A quality NFL starter so the bar is low.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 13, 2013, 02:53:14 PM

Would I trade a 3rd for a proven NFL threat who was in the MVP conversation half the season last year for chance that we might draft another Myron Lewis?

You bet your ass I would.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 13, 2013, 03:11:03 PM

Would I trade a 3rd for a proven NFL threat who was in the MVP conversation half the season last year for chance that we might draft another Myron Lewis?

I agree...but I am torn with some of his attitude issues and that it has been hinted that we would want top near top $. The 3rd rounder isn't all that high of a cost for him. He is a threat on offense and special teams. If they could strike a reasonable deal with MW19 and get Harvin to agree to the same deal...I would be all in.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 13, 2013, 03:33:23 PM

I agree...but I am torn with some of his attitude issues and that it has been hinted that we would want top near top $. The 3rd rounder isn't all that high of a cost for him. He is a threat on offense and special teams. If they could strike a reasonable deal with MW19 and get Harvin to agree to the same deal...I would be all in.

If they could get a reasonable deal, then I don't see why we shouldn't go and get him. The winning teams make bold moves all the time.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 13, 2013, 04:00:45 PM

If they could get a reasonable deal, then I don't see why we shouldn't go and get him. The winning teams make bold moves all the time.

I agree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/13/buccaneers-cut-davin-joseph/

lol..if only

youngone

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 13, 2013, 04:07:59 PM

I agree.

lol..if only
Lol that ain't right

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 13, 2013, 04:10:16 PM

I think Davin will be back but I agree hes not all that. He will be an improvement over what we had last year and if anything it creates some depth. Not a bad thing but yea they could use that money.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 13, 2013, 04:13:31 PM

Forget about Harvin being a Buc.

Percy Harvin considers himself one of the NFL's top wide receivers and should be compensated accordingly, a Minnesota Vikings team source told ESPN's Josina Anderson Wednesday. The source said Harvin is angling for a deal in the ballpark of the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson (eight years, $132 million) and the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (eight years, $120 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138844/article/minnesota-vikings-source-wants-to-keep-percy-harvin

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 13, 2013, 04:14:56 PM

Forget about Harvin being a Buc.

Percy Harvin considers himself one of the NFL's top wide receivers and should be compensated accordingly, a Minnesota Vikings team source told ESPN's Josina Anderson Wednesday. The source said Harvin is angling for a deal in the ballpark of the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson (eight years, $132 million) and the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (eight years, $120 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138844/article/minnesota-vikings-source-wants-to-keep-percy-harvin

Wonder where he will end up. Thats a lot of money for a guy with some risk involved.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 13, 2013, 04:16:06 PM

He won't get that but if that's really what he's looking for then I'll pass.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 13, 2013, 04:23:38 PM

I agree.

lol..if only
Lol that ain't right

I know...I wish it were true, as well.  ;D

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 13, 2013, 04:44:57 PM

He won't get that but if that's really what he's looking for then I'll pass.

I agree.
Can't blame him. Needs to get his while he can, but.....he is goign to be highly disappointed. He's not going to fetch anything near that.
Let him come back to earth and then maybe give him a looksee

Jr.3

Second String

#43 : February 13, 2013, 05:04:39 PM

I would hate to see him in Carolina, but I think he would be a good fit there.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 13, 2013, 05:36:48 PM

I would hate to see him in Carolina, but I think he would be a good fit there.

The Panthers have no cap space to sign him. In fact all the other NFC South teams are at or near the cap.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Harvin Debate......Worth a 3rd Rounder? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools