Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who gets your vote for....The worst free agent signing in Buccaneer history? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 13, 2013, 12:17:39 PM

I agree with Bucs_Rule - Hardy. As great as Rice was, I'm not sure the team gets in a position to bring in Rice if Hardy hadn't arrived to Tampa Bay first.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 13, 2013, 12:19:47 PM

At least Harper put up a few yards. Garner barely suited up before he was toast.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 13, 2013, 12:29:48 PM

Garner played 4 or 5 games before he tore up his ACL and that finished his career. He got good money but not crazy money. He had a fairly productive career until that point and I wasn't too upset about it. Steussie on the other hand had been in decline for the prior several years, everyone here KNEW that was going to be a bad signing.

And Clayton, while that would be a contender for the worst signing, I think the Alvin Harper contract was the worst. Clayton was merely the stupidest (runner up, Quincy Black contract followed by the Eric Wright contract), however Clayton was a Rah favorite and I'm sure Dom wanted to give Rah 'his' guys, but he should have been more fiscally responsible.

Dom much like Freeman is very inconsistent as a GM. 

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 13, 2013, 12:38:04 PM

Yeah, but Harper's yards weren't worth the toxic presence and unlike Garner, Harper was supposed to be a transformational guy, a la Hardy Nickerson.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 13, 2013, 05:53:39 PM

Have to pile on with another vote for Alvin Harper. Ugh. Just sends shivers down my spine thinking of that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 13, 2013, 06:02:17 PM

How about Hurt Emmanuel for honorable mention ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 13, 2013, 06:04:21 PM

Harper - he wins because my teeth still grind when he is mentioned.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 13, 2013, 06:10:59 PM

Alvin Harper.... sad thing is I still own an old orange logo athletic jersey if his.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 13, 2013, 06:14:55 PM

Jackie Harris was a let down also.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 13, 2013, 06:15:26 PM

How about Cato June ?

indiana76buc

Second String

#25 : February 13, 2013, 06:22:31 PM

tim brown he sabotaged us.......in all seriousness alvin harper

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 13, 2013, 07:10:55 PM

Garner at the expense of Thomas Jones is the worst and as much as i love me some Simeon, Hardy was the best signing in team history.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 13, 2013, 07:11:45 PM

Garner played 4 or 5 games before he tore up his ACL and that finished his career. He got good money but not crazy money. He had a fairly productive career until that point and I wasn't too upset about it.

Garner was fresh off of knee surgery when we signed him.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 13, 2013, 07:27:58 PM

Garner played 4 or 5 games before he tore up his ACL and that finished his career. He got good money but not crazy money. He had a fairly productive career until that point and I wasn't too upset about it.

Garner was fresh off of knee surgery when we signed him.

I have ragged on the Garner signing, but Alvin Harper quit on the team. He was a big giant alcohol, visit Taco Bell at 3 AM, rotten milk fueled diarrhea hitting the toilet, turd.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 13, 2013, 07:49:23 PM

i think my HATE for Garner stems from the mistakes that followed. If you keep Thomas Jones, there is no Carnell. Maybe we take an Aaron Rodgers.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who gets your vote for....The worst free agent signing in Buccaneer history? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools