Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign Chas Henry « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#15 : February 14, 2013, 02:01:40 AM

Koenen isn't going anywhere. Henry is just a camp body to keep Koenen fresh and provide insurance incase of injury. Not only is Koenen one of the better punters in the league, he is a beast on kickoffs. He earns his money and would need an epic collapse to have his roster spot taken.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 14, 2013, 07:15:22 AM

Koenen has actually been a disappointment on kickoffs. He should be allowing no returns , and actually he allows quite a few.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 14, 2013, 07:34:57 AM

$3.5 million is a big number, not saying he's cut but he better step it up

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 14, 2013, 08:37:11 AM

In all his years at Florida....I dont think I ever saw Chas shank a punt

He will give Koenen a run for his money...and if the bucs want to aleviate themselves of a rich punter they might just release him

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 14, 2013, 11:50:24 AM

Koenen has actually been a disappointment on kickoffs. He should be allowing no returns , and actually he allows quite a few.

Koenen had the second most Touchbacks in the NFL last season, second to only the guy who kicks in mile-high air for half of the season.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 14, 2013, 05:48:59 PM

Just looked up. We actually led the league in touchback pertentage with 66 %. Surprising.  I guess I expected the leaders to be much higher considering the purpose of that new rule was to try and eliminate returns...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 14, 2013, 09:00:27 PM

Koenen is money.  As others have mentioned, this dude is most likely camp fodder.  They will get a good look at him, then if something happened to Koenen mid season, they could ring him up.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 15, 2013, 09:58:17 AM

In all his years at Florida....I dont think I ever saw Chas shank a punt

He will give Koenen a run for his money...and if the bucs want to aleviate themselves of a rich punter they might just release him

against FSU in 2010 he shanked one if i recall. other than that i dont remember him having any bad punts. everyone has one or two, comes with the territory. that being said i dont mind him pushing koenen. he makes much much much less and if he can boom them as good or better than koenen then im all for switching punters. im not a fan of paying a special teamer 3.5 million a year to punt the ball

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 15, 2013, 10:12:45 AM

Koenen can't earn his money because what he does has no value. Seriously, try anyone try, and correlate punt average, net punts yards, touchback % of anything else to wins and losses over the year. Doesn't happen. He is the worst value to cost player on the roster.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign Chas Henry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools