Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 16, 2013, 12:31:13 AM

I think there is a good argument that our country would be much better off if those running for public office were people who had their moment in the sun professionally and decided to give back.  Unfortunately that concept clashes a bit with modern party politics. 

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 16, 2013, 12:34:53 AM

Yes, that is what Dr. Carson said, and really it is as it should be.  Here's Carson again with Hannity - who drives me nutty - but this is what I am coming across that is recent - http://beforeitsnews.com/tea-party/2013/02/dr-ben-carson-on-hannity-focus-group-rates-carson-speech-will-he-run-for-president-video-21513-2477872.html

He is all over youtube - for those who are interested.
: February 16, 2013, 12:39:49 AM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 16, 2013, 12:44:21 AM

Yes, that is what Dr. Carson said, and really it is as it should be.  Here's Carson again with Hannity - who drives me nutty - but this is what I am coming across that is recent - http://beforeitsnews.com/tea-party/2013/02/dr-ben-carson-on-hannity-focus-group-rates-carson-speech-will-he-run-for-president-video-21513-2477872.html

He is all over youtube - for those who are interested.

That is where I first heard him.  It was a question/answer forum with media people.  And he sure held up well under fire, I must say.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 16, 2013, 12:46:04 AM

I think there is a good argument that our country would be much better off if those running for public office were people who had their moment in the sun professionally and decided to give back.  Unfortunately that concept clashes a bit with modern party politics.
I have been saying for years we could get a better congress with 535 non-policticians.  Actually, I used the term Americans.  I don't find politicians to be a good reflection on who I believe Americans are.  And I feel the same way about the Executive Branch.  If Dr. Carson is what he appears to be, and if he runs - I will be voting for him, and helping in any way I can. 
: February 16, 2013, 08:25:21 AM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 16, 2013, 12:49:50 AM

I have been saying for years we could get a better congress with 535 non-policticians.  Actually, I Americans.  I don't find politicians to be a good reflection on who I believe Americans are.  And I feel the same way about the Executive Branch.  If Dr. Carson is what he appears to be, and if he runs - I will be voting for him, and helping in any way I can.

2016........Dr Carson   vs.     Hilary

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 16, 2013, 12:56:53 AM

and on another note - how's Barrycare doing right now - Obama administration winds down plan for 'uninsurables'

Published February 15, 2013
Associated Press
WASHINGTON   The Obama administration is quietly winding down one of the earliest programs created by the president's health care overhaul law.
It's a plan that provides stopgap coverage for uninsured people with medical problems who have been turned down by insurers.
Administration officials broke the news to state counterparts in a teleconference on Friday.
They said the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan will stop taking new applications because of funding concerns. The suspension happens immediately in 23 states where the federal government administers the program, but states that run their own plans may have more time, depending on contract arrangements.
The more than 100,000 people already in the program will not lose coverage and will be able to transfer to other insurance once the health care overhaul takes full effect in January.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 16, 2013, 01:05:50 AM

I have been saying for years we could get a better congress with 535 non-policticians.  Actually, I Americans.  I don't find politicians to be a good reflection on who I believe Americans are.  And I feel the same way about the Executive Branch.  If Dr. Carson is what he appears to be, and if he runs - I will be voting for him, and helping in any way I can.
I think that most of us who have worked and had our share of success and failure would look at the role as more "trustee" than anything else, trying to pay forward our own experience. The current system doesn't allow for that, which is probably the least shocking statement in the history of man. Almost as shocking as two parties have a near lead pipe cinch lock on the process ensuring that the process serves their interests above others.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 16, 2013, 08:17:18 AM

Sorry , you get who the Republican establishment wants and puts thier money behind , not some upstart doctor who hasn't paid his dues.

Don't you guys realize that you don't really have a say in this , yet ?

Marco Rubio looks like he is kissing the right asses to be the next nominee . My money is on him.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 16, 2013, 08:26:34 AM

I have edited my earlier post  - the term I have used is Americans... just wanted you folks to be aware of it - thanks

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 16, 2013, 08:19:48 PM

Looks like the good doctor might get some usable material in his area of expertise by those who created and passed the affordable care act.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/wheels_coming_off_QPojjZX0Bd8BU80hDpcKZP

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 16, 2013, 08:33:03 PM

Haha, the news isn't actually surprising. Sad, but true

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 16, 2013, 08:48:05 PM

Looks like the good doctor might get some usable material in his area of expertise by those who created and passed the affordable care act.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/wheels_coming_off_QPojjZX0Bd8BU80hDpcKZP

Unpossible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 16, 2013, 09:17:42 PM

biggs - and anyone else - have you checked out Dr. Carson yet?  Curious as to thoughts of folks even if it is a first reading about him -

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 16, 2013, 09:19:57 PM

biggs - and anyone else - have you checked out Dr. Carson yet?  Curious as to thoughts of folks even if it is a first reading about him -

I haven't heard the man say much I disagree with as of yet.  But Herman Cain was the same way early on.  We'll have to see how he plays out.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 16, 2013, 09:34:42 PM

It will be interesting for certain, especially with his background in medicine/healthcare...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools