Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #60 : February 19, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »

He types before Brads has even made his "argument".

This was his argument,

he is a 7th Day Adventist who doesn't believe in evolution and takes the Bible literally.

You don't think this should be extremely concerning to potential voters?  It scares the death out of me.

Now, if one were to take his words at face value, it would suggest that he is opposed to voting for a religious fundamentalist because of how he believes that may influence his decisions on governing and the direction in which he would direct his social policy. Not a person who "believes in God", but a religious fundamentalist. That would be if you were to take his words at face value. If you were not to, then you might come up with a rebuttal like this...

Atheists only Bradentonian?

or this...

Because believing in God makes him an extremist. Don't you know? Duh!

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #61 : February 19, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »

LMAO

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #62 : February 19, 2013, 09:01:40 PM »

CBW has the right of it.  Fundamentalism like that is scary to me.  You've got someone whose job is to make decisions and influence lawmakers, and he has not shown the ability to think rationally about the world we inhabit.  Not only that, but he's proud to admit it.  This is not the kind of person we want influencing our laws.  That's how you end up in a "sharia" situation.  Just my personal opinion.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #63 : February 19, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »

he has not shown the ability to think rationally about the world we inhabit. 

fair enough, thanks for posting. 

On the part above, do you think he is thinking rationally about the world we inhabit when he is in surgery or diagnosing a patient? I mean, aren't people capable of separating their professional lives from their personal beliefs?  I think people do that every day, in every walk of life.

I also don't think a President is going to change Congress . . .  the guys who pass the laws . . . but I get where you're coming from, at least to the extent that it is not an uncommon view.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #64 : February 19, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »

for my part, I'd like to hear him discuss the topic. Not sure if anyone has a link?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #65 : February 19, 2013, 09:11:03 PM »

On the part above, do you think he is thinking rationally about the world we inhabit when he is in surgery or diagnosing a patient? I mean, aren't people capable of separating their professional lives from their personal beliefs?  I think people do that every day, in every walk of life.

I also don't think a President is going to change Congress . . .  the guys who pass the laws . . . but I get where you're coming from, at least to the extent that it is not an uncommon view.

I think the president right now is changing congress... or going around it.  The greater the power of executive orders etc. the more this is a concern.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #66 : February 19, 2013, 09:14:19 PM »

I think the president right now is changing congress... or going around it.  The greater the power of executive orders etc. the more this is a concern.

I see where you're coming from.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #67 : February 19, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »

I'd vote for Dr. Ben Carson!

How cool would that be for him-- being the 1st African American President in the U.S.!!!!!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #68 : February 19, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »

I personally think the guy showed a lack of class by using the National Prayer Breakfast to score political points against the president. There are any number of venues that he could do that. It made him look petty, IMO.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #69 : February 19, 2013, 09:43:26 PM »

he is a 7th Day Adventist who doesn't believe in evolution and takes the Bible literally.

You don't think this should be extremely concerning to potential voters?  It scares the death out of me.

why?

It's something the party can use to tear him down in political ads and make him appear nutty when it's time to prop up Marco Rubio....and if they don't do it the liberal moderators in the debates certainly will.

Like I said ,you are getting Rubio regardless . That is where the big money is going behind , and Johnny-come-latelys like this doctor will get investigated and then systematically torn down.

Thanks, and I don't disagree but I was asking Brads why it scared HIM

Because believing in God makes him an extremist. Don't you know? Duh!

I'm sorry, but this isn't about simply "believing in God". There are lots of people out there that believe in God that don't think that the earth is only 6,000 years old and that dinosaur bones are a hoax. If you are going to criticize Bradentonian, at least do so on the actual merits of his argument.

Ever heard of satire?

My apologies. if you are going to satirize Bradentonian, at least do so on the actual merits of his argument.

Why? An opportunity was presented and I took it.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #70 : February 19, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »

I personally think the guy showed a lack of class by using the National Prayer Breakfast to score political points against the president.

Of course you do.

Btw, can you "impersonally" think? I know you claim many talents

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #71 : February 19, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »

I personally think the guy showed a lack of class by using the National Prayer Breakfast to score political points against the president. There are any number of venues that he could do that. It made him look petty, IMO.
Funny, I don't recall anyone inquiring

CBW has the right of it.  Fundamentalism like that is scary to me.  You've got someone whose job is to make decisions and influence lawmakers, and he has not shown the ability to think rationally about the world we inhabit.  Not only that, but he's proud to admit it.  This is not the kind of person we want influencing our laws.  That's how you end up in a "sharia" situation.  Just my personal opinion.
Fundamentalist means what to you brads?  Do you think it is possible for one to be a member of a religion that believes in a God and still be President?  Oh, to CBW - not the least bit interested in your thoughts about what Bradentonian thinks.  Just to avoid confusion.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #72 : February 19, 2013, 10:09:51 PM »

Shocking.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #73 : February 19, 2013, 10:45:40 PM »

Funny, I don't recall anyone inquiring

No one, and I do mean no one, gives a rat's backside about what you think about anything, yet that never seems to stop you from typing your mealy little thoughts into the little white box and hitting that "Post" button, now does it?

Fundamentalist means what to you brads?  Do you think it is possible for one to be a member of a religion that believes in a God and still be President?  Oh, to CBW - not the least bit interested in your thoughts about what Bradentonian thinks.  Just to avoid confusion.

Why not? You are apparently too stupid to understand what the guy is saying, thus you asking him the same question again. Trust me, you apparently need as many people to explain basic principles to you as you can get, my friend.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #74 : February 19, 2013, 10:57:47 PM »

Btw, can you "impersonally" think? I know you claim many talents

Actually, you can, smart one...

“Thinking is essentially impersonal. Its goal is objective truth, independent of the personality and wishes of the thinker or anyone else.” In contrast, “People (even thinkers) do not like to be viewed impersonally and relegated to the status of ‘objects.’ Human motives are notably personal. Therefore, in the sympathetic handling of people where personal values are important, feeling is the more effective instrument.”

http://www.cognitivestyles.com/y/book2/Book_035.htm

Why do you make proving you to be an idiot so easy, Vinny?

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools