Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #105 : February 20, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »

What in the name of Quetzalcoatl does being pro or anti gun have ANYTHING to do with this thread????????????

Haha, exactly. Ask Olaf that exact question. LMAO.

Another "it's not me, it's everyone else" post from PBCBoy that he'll be oblivious to.

Hey wait, is this more of your admitted trolling?  Haha, you almost had me.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #106 : February 20, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »

and during a lull in the bull schilt - http://www.ijreview.com/2013/02/37149-dr-ben-carson-this-country-is-not-about-the-government-taking-over-and-ruling-everybodys-lives/

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #107 : February 20, 2013, 07:53:30 PM »

and with the lull continuing - here's one from a liberal's view - http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/15/why-dr-ben-carson-is-my-hero-it-not-what-think/

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #108 : February 20, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »

and with the lull continuing - here's one from a liberal's view - http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/15/why-dr-ben-carson-is-my-hero-it-not-what-think/

thanks for posting. interesting. I agree with much of what William wrote

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #109 : February 20, 2013, 08:04:37 PM »

odd - more positives including he belief system - and that he was in the ROTC... http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/dr-ben-carsons-biblical-life-lessons-as-high-school-rotc-cadet-colonel/

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #110 : February 20, 2013, 08:23:33 PM »

all sorts of issues and responses

God for Obamacare: Dr. Ben Carson's heresy
By Paul Kengor | Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:00 am

Liberals are apoplectic over remarks by Dr. Ben Carson at the National Prayer Breakfast. Carson, a prominent pediatric surgeon from Johns Hopkins University, dared to weigh in on healthcare — something he knows something about. In the liberal mind, Carson committed a grave transgression; he disagreed with President Obama on healthcare at a faith venue, and in Obama’s presence.
In discussing Carson’s moral effrontery, Candy Crowley, host of CNN’s “State of the Union,” asked panelists if they were offended by Carson’s comments. “He [Carson] was talking about the idea of, you know, weaving the Bible into some objections he appears to have with the president’s approach,” said Crowley. Count Democratic Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky among the offended. She told Crowley: “I think it’s ... not really an appropriate place to make this kind of political speech and to invoke God as his [Carson’s] support for that kind of point of view.”

In truth, what the likes of Crowley and Schakowsky object to is the mere fact that Carson publicly disagreed with Obama on healthcare, especially in the context of faith. For liberal Democrats, conservative Republicans should never use their faith to disagree; only liberal Democrats enjoy such freedoms. I could give a thousand examples illustrating the point; I’ve written entire books doing so. For now, however, here are some particularly salient examples involving Obama, liberals, and healthcare reform:

From the first year of Obama’s presidency, the religious left (Obama included) incessantly claimed God’s support for their vision of healthcare reform.

In August 2009, Obama addressed a “virtual gathering” of 140,000 religious left individuals — a huge conference call to liberal Christians, Jews, and other people of faith. Obama told them he was “going to need your help” in passing healthcare. Obama penitently invoked a period of “40 days,” a trial of deliverance from conservative evildoers. He lifted up the brethren, assuring them, “We are God’s partner in matters of life and death.”

Like a great commissioning, in the 40 days that followed the religious left was filled with the spirit. A group called the Religious Institute — led by Rev. Debra Hafner and representing 4,800 clergy — went wild stumping for Obamacare. Other religious left faithful joined the crusade.

A group of 59 leftist nuns sent Congress a letter urging passage of Obamacare. This was in direct defiance of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which insisted the bill “must be opposed” because of its refusal to explicitly ban abortion funding. The liberal media cheered on the nuns, gleefully exaggerating their influence. In a breathtaking display, the Los Angeles Times beamed, “Nuns’ support for health-care bill shows [Catholic] Church split.” Amazingly, the Times reported that the nuns’ letter represented not 59 nuns — but 59,000! Like Jesus with the loaves, the Times (normally militantly secular) had demonstrated miraculous powers of multiplication.

The nuns’ brazenness was matched by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, a Roman Catholic, who, in March 2010, invoked the Solemnity of the Feast of St. Joseph on behalf of Obamacare. She urged American Catholics to “pray to St. Joseph” for Obamacare.

That was prelude to what happened March 21, 2010, A.D., a rare vote not merely on a Sunday—God’s day—but the final Sunday in Lent, the week before Palm Sunday that initiates the Lord’s Passion. Obama’s healthcare bill was passed by his Democratic Congress. To Obama, Pelosi, and the religious left faithful, Jesus had gotten his healthcare package, and they had been his loyal handmaidens.
If all of that seems hypocritical enough from liberals, in light of their castigation of Dr. Ben Carson, consider this glaring double standard:

At the National Prayer Breakfast two years ago, February 3, 2011, Obama stated: “Sometimes what I can do to try to   improve the economy or to curb foreclosures or to help deal with the healthcare system—sometimes it seems so distant and so remote, so profoundly inadequate to the enormity of the need. And it is my faith, then, that biblical injunction to serve the least of these, that keeps me going and that keeps me from being overwhelmed.”

Yes, Barack Obama, at the National Prayer Breakfast, invoked his faith and the Bible on behalf of healthcare reform— much like he has done on behalf of gay marriage and other liberal agenda items.
Question for Ms. Crowley and Rep. Schakowsky and liberals everywhere: Was this appropriate? Are you offended?

But now, here comes one Ben Carson, pediatric surgeon with more than 50 honorary doctorates, named one of America’s 20 foremost physicians by CNN and TIME, and winner of the Presidential Medal of Freedom — the nation’s highest civilian honor. He disagreed with Obama and the liberal faithful. His price: political excommunication. In Alinsky fashion, he will now be isolated and demonized. How dare he bring up healthcare at the National Prayer Breakfast.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #111 : February 20, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

LOL, is he really being isolated, excommunicated, and demonized? Hyperbole much?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #112 : February 20, 2013, 08:52:08 PM »

LOL, is he really being isolated, excommunicated, and demonized? Hyperbole much?

There once was this guy who was excepted to attend Harvard University at the age of 16, earned his undergraduate degree, and later obtained his PhD in mathematics from the University of Michigan. He was an assistant professor at the University of California, Berkeley by the age of 25. That man was Ted Kaczynski, "the Unabomber". Point being, Carson's academic accomplishments are not a reliable reflection of his temperament.

You likened him to the Unabomber.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #113 : February 20, 2013, 09:42:44 PM »

you and vince live in the same fantasy world

Haha. .....  that's rich

Oblivious.

Hey Buggsy and Olaf, you might want to get your boy Dolo on the same page as you two. You guys are claiming that Vince is the problem while Dolo is admitting to you three and Illum trolling:

Biggs and I can hardlly be called "boys" . We rarely get along . The fact that the one thing we can readily agree on is what a moron you are should tell you something.

...and BTW , the way you act IS the problem . If you weren't such a condoscending and dishonest hypocrite people would respect you more and not feel the need to poke at you .

Buggsy - pro gun
Olaf - pro gun
Dolo - pro gun
Vin - anti-gun

Buggsy, Olaf and Dolo ADMIT to "trolling" Vin

Coincidence? Lol, I think not.

Gotta love a guy who admits to trolling using the "yeah, but you deserve it" defense. :-)

I thought you were the one trolling everyone else? Which is it pb boy?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #114 : February 20, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »

Olaf, note that you came into a discussion between CBW and DBuc on CBW's action and then took a shot at CBW and lumped me in with CBW even though I was not part of CBW and DBuc's conversation. Why did you do that? I think CBW actually provided the answer. Apparently you like to push but don't like it when someone pushes back. Thus, when I am taking CBW to task you sit silent because you don't like CBW but now you don't like me either because I pushed back on your BS

It's all ridiculous grade school stuff.  Own your own crap, just like Dolo did above.

sure pb boy

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #115 : February 20, 2013, 09:46:55 PM »

you and vince live in the same fantasy world

Haha. .....  that's rich

Oblivious.

Hey Buggsy and Olaf, you might want to get your boy Dolo on the same page as you two. You guys are claiming that Vince is the problem while Dolo is admitting to you three and Illum trolling:

Biggs and I can hardlly be called "boys" . We rarely get along . The fact that the one thing we can readily agree on is what a moron you are should tell you something.

...and BTW , the way you act IS the problem . If you weren't such a condoscending and dishonest hypocrite people would respect you more and not feel the need to poke at you .

Buggsy - pro gun
Olaf - pro gun
Dolo - pro gun
Vin - anti-gun

Buggsy, Olaf and Dolo ADMIT to "trolling" Vin

Coincidence? Lol, I think not.

Gotta love a guy who admits to trolling using the "yeah, but you deserve it" defense. :-)

I thought you were the one trolling everyone else? Which is it pb boy?

exactly my point and you guys have been ADAMANT that you have been trolling dim-witted me.   

now, if I were pretending to be Olaf this post would include what word?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #116 : February 20, 2013, 09:51:26 PM »

you should buy a dictionary

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/adamant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #117 : February 20, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »

Olaf, note that you came into a discussion between CBW and DBuc on CBW's action and then took a shot at CBW and lumped me in with CBW even though I was not part of CBW and DBuc's conversation. Why did you do that? I think CBW actually provided the answer. Apparently you like to push but don't like it when someone pushes back. Thus, when I am taking CBW to task you sit silent because you don't like CBW but now you don't like me either because I pushed back on your BS

It's all ridiculous grade school stuff.  Own your own crap, just like Dolo did above.

sure pb boy

I know, I know in your world no one can read or cut and paste.  Note part in bold above and here's your first post (CBW is talking to DBuc)

Yet, the only time I ever respond to any of your posts is when they are directed at me. Way to prove you don't care to be argumentative, when that's all you seem to care about when addressing me. You are a freaking hypocrite and a joke, my friend.

kind of what he was saying .... you and vincent need to figure it out

Hmm . .  threw me in there . .  obsess much. Like I said, you don't like when people push back.

Hey . . .  any thoughts on  the actual substance of the thread. I think you're 0-2 right now on substance and 2-0 at trolling.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #118 : February 20, 2013, 09:58:40 PM »

I don't need you to post anything over again.  I know what I posted and it ties into things that I have said in the past to both of you ass clowns.  And I'll respond to what I want to respond in a thread.  If you don't like it follow your advice hypocrite and ignore my post.  When you are actually above doing the same, then you get back to me hypocrite.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #119 : February 20, 2013, 10:00:10 PM »

I don't need you to post anything over again.  I know what I posted and it ties into things that I have said in the past to both of you ass clowns.  And I'll respond to what I want to respond in a thread.  If you don't like it follow your advice hypocrite and ignore my post.  When you are actually above doing the same, then you get back to me hypocrite.

0-3
  Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools