Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#135 : February 20, 2013, 11:34:49 PM

It is interesting to watch and a group of folks all come up with the same derogatory comments and observations.  I wonder how many folks see that - the unanimity of those who criticize seems so easy to see.  Likely just the ability to communicate so easily... 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#136 : February 21, 2013, 08:55:42 AM

Good thing PeanutButterCheeseBoy is here to harpoon yet another thread here on the lowly Cove.  It sure is nice he's bored so often that he can down here from his thrown on high to send this place to shizzle.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#137 : February 21, 2013, 09:01:48 AM

Good thing PeanutButterCheeseBoy is here to harpoon yet another thread here on the lowly Cove.  It sure is nice he's bored so often that he can down here from his thrown on high to send this place to shizzle.

it's not him ......

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#138 : February 21, 2013, 09:11:43 AM

Vince has contributed to keeping this thread somewhat on topic.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#139 : February 21, 2013, 09:14:45 AM

it's not him ......

Ended your night posting about me, Started off your day with the same. Did you dream about me too?

Anything about Dr. Carson?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#140 : February 21, 2013, 09:15:54 AM

Tried but the trolling continues.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#141 : February 21, 2013, 09:18:02 AM

Cry?  lol, more made up crap from pb boy.  I'll tell you what pb boy let's see who has more off topic posts in this thread you or me.  Wanna play hypocrite?  No fair going back and deleting either.

You're on  . . . . . . . . . .SO LONG AS you also count substantive posts (I think you're still at ZERO -lol -- and no adding them now, haha) . . .

AND  . . . . . . . .admit that what you are doing right now is crying like a victim even though you started WITH ME. 

Btw,  I am pretty sure that so far your ONLY purpose in this thread is to take shots at people - lol. I have no idea what you think about Dr. Carson.

(btw part II -- I know more of your crap is coming, lie, deflect, lie some more)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#142 : February 21, 2013, 09:18:35 AM

it's not him ......

Ended your night posting about me, Started off your day with the same. Did you dream about me too?

Anything about Dr. Carson?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#143 : February 21, 2013, 09:20:16 AM

He is also a hypocritical prick that contributed to derailing it and most threads around here.  I'll be happy to move along when he decides to practice what he preaches.  In the meantime my apologies.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#144 : February 21, 2013, 09:28:53 AM

He is also a hypocritical prick that contributed to derailing it and most threads around here.  I'll be happy to move along when he decides to practice what he preaches.  In the meantime my apologies.

You have not made a single substantive post on this thread for goodness sake. You're just mad because I pushed back against your antics and exposed you as a liar and a failed Internet bully. Lol.  What a joke. I have moved on many times and sent you PMs asking you to stop. Nothing has worked because you so angry about me pushing back. 

I will put and end to it though. And I will do so out of boredom. I am simply bored with swatting you around. Bye bye.

Now, on to Dr Carson. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#145 : February 21, 2013, 09:44:04 AM

sure pb boy, how many off topic posts is that for you now?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#146 : February 21, 2013, 09:51:38 AM

Good summary for anyone looking for the basics on Dr. Carson

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-ben-carson-profile-20130217,0,235742.story

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#147 : February 21, 2013, 11:43:28 AM

CBW has the right of it.  Fundamentalism like that is scary to me.  You've got someone whose job is to make decisions and influence lawmakers, and he has not shown the ability to think rationally about the world we inhabit.  Not only that, but he's proud to admit it.  This is not the kind of person we want influencing our laws.  That's how you end up in a "sharia" situation.  Just my personal opinion.

I would think graduating from Yale, then UM Med school, would certainly show his "ability to think rationally about the world we inhabit" not to mention his numerous other accomplishments in medicine and neuroscience. Operating on brains requires a considerable amount of rational thought.

There once was this guy who was excepted to attend Harvard University at the age of 16, earned his undergraduate degree, and later obtained his PhD in mathematics from the University of Michigan. He was an assistant professor at the University of California, Berkeley by the age of 25. That man was Ted Kaczynski, "the Unabomber". Point being, Carson's academic accomplishments are not a reliable reflection of his temperament.

To suggest that just because the guy went to an ivy league school and became a surgeon means that he will not govern by the divine mandate in which he has chosen to dedicate his life to fulfilling is a monumental reach.

So you go to the logical fallacy of cherry picking Using one extreme example or exception to discount all other data.

Also, did Ted Kaczynski practice medicine for several decades like Carson?? I noted his academic success AND his very long and successful career while you ignored the later.

Sure there probably are 0.01% of Med school graduates that don't have "ability to think rationally about the world we inhabit" but probability says Carson is most likely in the other 99.99%

And I would also say that studying and then practicing Medicine for decades involves much more "real world rationality" than studying pure mathematics and then barely holding a job for 2 yrs.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#148 : February 21, 2013, 02:16:00 PM

A couple of observations:

1. Amazing how some jump straight onto the Dr.Carson is my hero bandwagon based on one speech. I liked what he said but I am thinking a bit more vetting is required before being declared the next coming. Who knows what he may have in his closet. Democrats and liberals will take great delight rubbing your nose in it if the opportunity arises.

2. Speaking of which, it is amazing how liberals go into full blown attack mode based on one speech. It really has become a tactic of the left these days to totally rip any potential seed to shreds before it has time to grow. Downright nasty and vindictive if you ask me and typical of your modern understanding, accepting progressive.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#149 : February 21, 2013, 03:03:00 PM

regarding the first observation - I have noted that most who are interested in Carson used a bit of disclaimer - wanting to know more.  You called it vetting, others noted they wanted to know more.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools