Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#285 : March 02, 2013, 08:13:21 PM

Apparently he didn't get Comrade's memo that you can only be conservative or liberal....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#286 : March 02, 2013, 09:31:23 PM

Dr. Benjamin Carson - just a reminder to any who might be wondering what this thread is supposed to be about :o

I couldn't find the transcript, but I did find the podcast of the interview. It's about 38 minutes long.

He spends like the first 15 minutes of the interview talking about how his mission is to combat political correctness and to get people to have honest discussions, yet every single liberal caller that confronts him, be brushes off their comments and refuses to engage them. I particularly love the exchange that occurs at 33:35, when a caller basically calls him out for being the shill that he is by pointing out that while he claims to be neither conservative or liberal, just a common sense guy, every idea he presents is right out of the conservative playbook. He immediately gets defensive, misrepresents her comment, and then goes off on a ridiculous tangent about how everyone just wants to be right instead of having an honest discussion. I suppose calling yourself a "common sense person", which suggests that everyone that disagrees with you lacks common sense, is his idea of starting an open and honest dialogue. Hypocrisy doesn't even begin to describe it.

He also goes off on this rant about how the Robber Barons were responsible for building the infrastructure of the country, not the government, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the railroads, bridges, etc to which he is referring were all government funded. He also gives the Robber Barons credit for creating the middle class, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there was no middle class until the labor movement prompted the government to get involved in labor practices, the results of which lead to the formation of the middle class. When asked about the exploitative nature of labor relations in the Gilded Age, his response is basically, "so what?"

I also love the part where they discuss his belief in intelligent design rather than evolution. His response is to say that he believes that a man in the sky created the earth and every species on it in seven days because believing in evolution "requires a great deal more faith than I have."

About half way through the podcast, Ashbrook invites a journalist on to address some of Carson's assertions about how health care should be addressed, and he basically gets schooled by someone who is clearly more versed on the issue than Carson appears to be by comparison.

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2013/02/26/dr-ben-carson

The responses to the podcast are also quite amusing. It appears most that commented see right through this guy as well.
thanks - I think those that have the interest should listen to Dr. Carson's time on NPR as I did thanks to CBW providing the link.   

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#287 : March 03, 2013, 05:46:12 PM

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2201379539001/what-will-be-dr-ben-carsons-message-to-cpac/?intcmp=HPBucket&playlist_id=928378949001

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#288 : March 03, 2013, 05:54:39 PM

There's an argument you have that reversed

and here is the the support for the argument:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2199810156001/chris-christies-conservative-problem/?playlist_id=928378949001

I am a fiscal conservative (small "c"), but as the Dr actually notes in the video above, Conservatives (big "C") have lost their way, certainly from the big tent Reagan days. If you listen to Dr. Carson discuss what he will tell CPAC (link above), he gets this very point. The message of Conservatives (big "C") is focused on litmus test types issues rather than what it should be, which is the economic disintegration of the US. That's probably why the Dr. avoids the title of Conservative.

Not only are Conservatives not interested in the big tent, they actually kick out politicians with 72% approval ratings. If you listen to Dr. Carson he may be conservative, but he is not a Conservative
: March 03, 2013, 06:50:01 PM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#289 : March 04, 2013, 02:00:02 AM

I heard Carson again Friday night, I think it was.  I like him, like the common sense approach. Whether or not he can put together the huge political machine he is going to need,  remains to be seen.

Could be a good Vice Presidential  candidate in 2016 . 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#290 : March 04, 2013, 07:44:46 AM

I heard Carson again Friday night, I think it was.  I like him, like the common sense approach. Whether or not he can put together the huge political machine he is going to need,  remains to be seen.

Doesn't really remain to be seen , we already know.

It's impossible to put together enough backing without the full support of one of the political parties , and he won't have it.   The system is rigged , folks . They will applaud him while he bashes Obama , but then tear him down if he tries to rise above his station  and challenge the next puppet in line for the big office (Rubio).  We've seen this story before.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#291 : March 04, 2013, 10:08:00 AM

It's impossible to put together enough backing without the full support of one of the political parties , and he won't have it.   The system is rigged , folks . They will applaud him while he bashes Obama , but then tear him down if he tries to rise above his station  and challenge the next puppet in line for the big office (Rubio).  We've seen this story before.

Agree that is pretty much the way it goes.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#292 : March 04, 2013, 11:33:39 AM

I think CPAC could create a foothold.  Hopefully someone will help him minimize the metaphors...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#293 : March 04, 2013, 08:20:35 PM

Long range prediction............2016    Rubio/Carson      or      Carson/Rubio

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#294 : March 07, 2013, 08:13:54 AM

I would love for Carson to be the nominee in 2016. In fact, I'm rooting for it.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#295 : March 07, 2013, 01:19:11 PM

There's an argument you have that reversed

and here is the the support for the argument:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2199810156001/chris-christies-conservative-problem/?playlist_id=928378949001

I am a fiscal conservative (small "c"), but as the Dr actually notes in the video above, Conservatives (big "C") have lost their way, certainly from the big tent Reagan days. If you listen to Dr. Carson discuss what he will tell CPAC (link above), he gets this very point. The message of Conservatives (big "C") is focused on litmus test types issues rather than what it should be, which is the economic disintegration of the US. That's probably why the Dr. avoids the title of Conservative.

Not only are Conservatives not interested in the big tent, they actually kick out politicians with 72% approval ratings. If you listen to Dr. Carson he may be conservative, but he is not a Conservative

I completely agree with the above. The big Cs are Cs in name only and give mild lip service to an occasional conservative issue while still voting relatively moderate to liberal on fiscal issues that are too cerebral for the press and public to rally around. The difference between Democrats and Republicans has really become nothing more than Orwellian "New-speak". The good guys were last weeks bad guys and the bad guys next weeks heroes and both parties are just stuffing their pockets with our hard earned cash.

The goal of a "true conservative" (small c) should be to change the way people think about themselves and their country, not change who the govt wastes $$$ on (i.e. corporate welfare vs immigrant welfare or tax cuts for the rich vs tax credits for non-income earners).

What we need is a new party, a grass roots party and absolutely all Rs and Ds are NOT invited. The Tea Partiers tried this but they bought the Big C Republicans slick "used car-salesman" spiel and got watered down into ineffective mulch. Time to do it again but this time don't even talk to the Big money fakes and certainly don't listen to their crap

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#296 : March 09, 2013, 06:19:10 PM

Its Hillary Clinton in 2016.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#297 : March 09, 2013, 07:15:30 PM

I only trust Hillary because she's been through menopause. I'm on board

This guy...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#298 : March 09, 2013, 09:03:47 PM

I only trust Hillary because she's been through menopause. I'm on board
She needs to see resolution of all the Bengazi issues - or be ready answer for that mess.  Better to get resolution via Barry

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#299 : March 13, 2013, 07:18:38 PM

Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools