Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#300 : March 13, 2013, 10:28:43 PM

DBuc, could you post the link? Can't see the video

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#301 : March 13, 2013, 11:42:18 PM

DBuc, could you post the link? Can't see the video
check you pm

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#302 : March 13, 2013, 11:47:28 PM

thanks

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#303 : March 23, 2013, 01:19:22 AM

A possible 2016 ticket?

GovChristieGovernor Christie 11h

You know its a fun day in Trenton when @shaq stops by for a visit

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#304 : March 23, 2013, 09:02:30 AM

Why do fat guys think wearing thier pants up above thier belly button is a good look ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#305 : March 23, 2013, 05:49:54 PM

Listening to the NPR interview.

When asked for an example of what kinds of views are being muted today because of political coredctness, BC said he had just spoken to someone who was chastised because he used the word "Oriental" instead of Asian.

I thought it was common knowledge that Asian was the correct term? And then the interviewer asked him if there were any words that describe African Americans would offend him. He went on to say that through his surgeries, he has learned that we're not about what's on the outside. We're all the same. And he didn't answer the question.

Without going into specific, I have a friend who just got back from a state in the south. In a work environment, was called the N word several times to his face. According to BC, we shouldn't worry about kind of stuff because we're all the same on the inside!

God will tell him whether or not to run for president? He dodged that question.

When talking about proportional taxation vs. progressive tax he referred to God and asked for people to prove that God is wrong. BC wants a flat tax so he can please God. And he talks about the "war on God." Definitely Huckabee-like on that front.

I like some of his takes on evolution and what he has said about the Afghanistan and Iraq wars and how he would have handled the response to 911. And his open mind regarding same sex relationships.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#306 : March 23, 2013, 10:05:31 PM

Listening to the NPR interview.

When asked for an example of what kinds of views are being muted today because of political coredctness, BC said he had just spoken to someone who was chastised because he used the word "Oriental" instead of Asian.

I thought it was common knowledge that Asian was the correct term? And then the interviewer asked him if there were any words that describe African Americans would offend him. He went on to say that through his surgeries, he has learned that we're not about what's on the outside. We're all the same. And he didn't answer the question.

Without going into specific, I have a friend who just got back from a state in the south. In a work environment, was called the N word several times to his face. According to BC, we shouldn't worry about kind of stuff because we're all the same on the inside!

For clarification sake, you're making a comparison between calling someone from the Far East "Oriental" and calling a black person a n*****?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#307 : March 31, 2013, 09:27:52 PM

http://racerelations.about.com/od/understandingrac1/a/racialnamestoavoid.htm

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#308 : March 31, 2013, 10:17:57 PM

http://racerelations.about.com/od/understandingrac1/a/racialnamestoavoid.htm

Doesn't this article typify the PC bullcrap that Carson was talking about?

There is nothing wrong with using Oriental, Spanish, Indian, Arab, Russian, or any other ethnic group.  If that's what they are, that's what they are.

Those are obviously different than using n*****, colored, brownie, raghead, whitey, mulatto, or any other slang term that could be considered offensive.
: March 31, 2013, 10:20:10 PM Biggs3535

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#309 : April 01, 2013, 01:26:28 PM

Whether you agree with it or not, Oriental is considered offensive to many Asian Americans. It applies to inanimate objects, not people.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#310 : April 01, 2013, 02:02:26 PM

everyones offended nowadays. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#311 : April 01, 2013, 02:20:26 PM

Whether you agree with it or not, Oriental is considered offensive to many Asian Americans. It applies to inanimate objects, not people.

I'm not sure where the inanimate object thing came from, except for being apart of the PC bullcrap.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oriental

Oriental - Of or relating to the countries of the Orient or their peoples or cultures; eastern.

I work with a couple of women from China.  They've referred to themselves as Oriental in past conversations, and I really didn't think anything of it.  Probably because they are Oriental.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#312 : April 01, 2013, 05:15:08 PM

My family originates from England so when I hear names like the Royals and the Kings, it offends me,.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#313 : April 01, 2013, 05:26:02 PM

Oh the horror!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#314 : April 01, 2013, 06:13:04 PM

agree - same impact Durango - I am devastated right along with you on this one.  Hell, Dr. Carson tells folks he doesn't play the political correctness game, and still folks expect it. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools