Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under-the-radar free agents « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 17, 2013, 05:44:15 PM

yeah seriously, Mike Williams and Michael Bennett alone will be like 15 million a year

5 million is reserved for rookies

so that leaves about 10 million left, and I doubt that we're going to be spending near the full amount of the cap

we could pretty much swap Wright's contract with some other CB, and have 10 million left

that 10 million could go very quickly, there's not a lot of room for an impact player

not that impressive when you break it down like this.

If Freeman gets off to good start in 2013, they may try to extend him during the season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 17, 2013, 07:11:46 PM

Which they should AJ. If he were to pull a flacco towards seasons end, Tampa would be in a hell of a bind.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 17, 2013, 07:44:22 PM

Which they should AJ. If he were to pull a flacco towards seasons end, Tampa would be in a hell of a bind.

It would be a good problem for Dom to have, thats for sure.  But they know the risk.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 17, 2013, 07:46:04 PM

Freeman already accounts for about $10.2M this coming season. If we signed him to a long term deal, he'd  only be making about $5M (or 50%) more per season. So it really wouldn't be a huge issue. It's not like when you have a guy going from making peanuts to a huge deal.....like Mike Williams. Mike will go from making about $600k to $7M+....that's like a 1200% increase.

I don't think we have to worry about though, What are the chances of Freeman playing well enough to get a long term extension?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 17, 2013, 07:52:46 PM

Freeman already accounts for about $10.2M this coming season. If we signed him to a long term deal, he'd  only be making about $5M (or 50%) more per season. So it really wouldn't be a huge issue. It's not like when you have a guy going from making peanuts to a huge deal.....like Mike Williams. Mike will go from making about $600k to $7M+....that's like a 1200% increase.

I don't think we have to worry about though, What are the chances of Freeman playing well enough to get a long term extension?

Stranger things have happened.  And I am sure Dom has a plan if it happens.   On the other hand, Free and his dad might say F-you and play out the season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 17, 2013, 09:03:04 PM

about the same as rahim moore missing another gimme.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 18, 2013, 07:27:41 AM

Stranger things have happened.  And I am sure Dom has a plan if it happens.   On the other hand, Free and his dad might say F-you and play out the season.

He's played well enough to do it before for an entire season , and did it last season in spurts . I'd say the chances are about 45% he does.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 18, 2013, 03:42:35 PM

Back on topic, I would take Toler over DRC every time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 18, 2013, 04:14:36 PM

true, but most have no clue who toler is while DRC is a big name.  for the right price (and committment) id be happy with either.  cox, fletcher, mckelvin, toler...should be many CB's that could help us out and not break the bank.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 18, 2013, 09:02:20 PM

true, but most have no clue who toler is while DRC is a big name.  for the right price (and committment) id be happy with either.  cox, fletcher, mckelvin, toler...should be many CB's that could help us out and not break the bank.

After doing a little research in the last week or so, I would pass on DRC.  From what I saw, not exactly a guy who likes to mix it up.  Poor tackler.  I would rate him a middle of the pack free agent CB.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 18, 2013, 09:15:44 PM

DRC is scrawnier than EJ Biggers. His coverage skills are obviously much better, but he's still useless verse the run and gets overpowered by bigger receivers. Dude is a twig.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 18, 2013, 09:22:55 PM

DRC is scrawnier than EJ Biggers. His coverage skills are obviously much better, but he's still useless verse the run and gets overpowered by bigger receivers. Dude is a twig.

Who do you like for a free agent pickup?   Sean Smith?  Toler?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 18, 2013, 09:32:00 PM

I do like Toler, but there are about 10 guys I'd like. Obviously I'd like a young stud, but there are also some older guys that would be nice short term additions as well. Give a me a younger guy like Toler or Keenan Lewis, and an older vet like Marcus Trufant.....and I'm happy. Of course I assume we'll draft a CB in the first two rounds also.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 18, 2013, 09:37:11 PM

Brent Grimes       
Tracy Porter       
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie       
Sam Shields       
Marcus Trufant       
Sean Smith       
Sam Shields
Chris Carr       
Antoine Cason       
Chris Houston       
Mike Jenkins
Quentin Jammer       
Keenan Lewis       
Leodis McKelvin       
Rashean Mathis       
Cary Williams
Greg Toler

I really don't have a favorite or any guys I hate. (Don't really like Jenkins) I think some would be better fits than others....but honestly, give me any two guys from this list and draft a 3rd guy early....and I'm happy. I'd even be ok with signing only older guys as short term answers while we bring along new draft picks and Leonard Johnson/Anthony Gaitor.
: February 18, 2013, 09:42:46 PM JDouble

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 18, 2013, 09:47:39 PM

Brent Grimes       
Tracy Porter       
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie       
Sam Shields       
Marcus Trufant       
Sean Smith       
Sam Shields
Chris Carr       
Antoine Cason       
Chris Houston       
Mike Jenkins
Quentin Jammer       
Keenan Lewis       
Leodis McKelvin       
Rashean Mathis       
Cary Williams
Greg Toler

I really don't have a favorite or any guys I hate. (Don't really like Jenkins) I think some would be better fits than others....but honestly, give me any two guys from this list and draft a 3rd guy early....and I'm happy. I'd even be ok with signing only older guys as short term answers while we bring along new draft picks and Leonard Johnson/Anthony Gaitor.

I am starting to think teams are better off getting their guys in the draft.  You get what your looking for at a low price, compared to a high priced free agent.  So I wouldn't mind the first couple picks being CB's.  I am still holding out hope Milliner falls to 13.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under-the-radar free agents « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools