Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wes Welker to the Buccaneers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 18, 2013, 11:38:24 AM

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 18, 2013, 01:09:53 PM

Welker IMO would be the perfect compliment to what the Bucs already have. Whether the Bucs make that kind of move is yet to be seen. We will start hearing rumors starting March 9th as teams can now negotiate 3 days prior to the opening of Free Agency. It will be interesting to see the path the Bucs take this FA season.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 18, 2013, 02:03:48 PM

They should draft a slot guy. I think if they do sign a guy, I would sign Amendola. Dude can play and would fit into our slot role very well. I say they take a shot at signing him. He will probably resign or go to NE to take Welkers spot but maybe Dom can convince him to come here.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 18, 2013, 02:08:39 PM

Welker IMO would be the perfect compliment to what the Bucs already have.

what receiving option is welker in NE?  #1?  what would he be here?

and while welker the player might be the perfect compliment, welker the age and welker the salary certainly arent imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 18, 2013, 03:34:10 PM

Welker had 111 catches for 1165 yards the year that Cassell was the QB. You can still argue that maybe he's a system guy, but the idea that he's useless without Brady is silly.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 18, 2013, 04:03:09 PM

While Welker would complement the other receivers very well, the Bucs don't need just a good complementary receiver. If they're going to pay big money for a slot guy, they need to get return man bang for their buck.

Complement.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 18, 2013, 04:03:13 PM

Welker had 111 catches for 1165 yards the year that Cassell was the QB. You can still argue that maybe he's a system guy, but the idea that he's useless without Brady is silly.

good point.  welker would be useless out of NE's system imo. 

nub - do you want the Bucs to sign him?  what type of contract?  and what type of production would you expect?

Sim

Starter

#22 : February 18, 2013, 04:21:26 PM

Forget Welker. If there's any former Pat that I want it's Danny Woodhead.

The perfect 3rd down, pass-catching back that this team needs.

Much better bang for our buck, IMO.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 18, 2013, 04:42:31 PM

good point.  welker would be useless out of NE's system imo. 

nub - do you want the Bucs to sign him?  what type of contract?  and what type of production would you expect?

I'd be open to it depending on price, but I'd like a 2 year deal if possible. Because honestly, production is really tough to measure. Is he a system guy? Can Freeman even utilize him with his struggles to throw accurate short passes? I think it could be a huge addition in theory, but I wouldn't break the bank because there's a lot of risk involved.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 18, 2013, 04:51:48 PM

Is he a system guy? Can Freeman even utilize him with his struggles to throw accurate short passes?

for the simple reason that one even has to ask these questions, i pass.  unless of course he wants to 50% cut in pay.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 18, 2013, 05:43:44 PM

If the Bucs signed Welker, they would finally have a leader on the roster.
Java just can't quit this place.

Funny, but he said Dan Orlovsky was awesome one second, and then says he is not so good under his alternate persona.  Issues.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 18, 2013, 08:56:35 PM

Ya he is a good player in his own right, but having said that, I would pass on him. Most likely wants megabucks and getting up in the years.  If the Bucs were one player away, ,maybe, but they are not.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 18, 2013, 10:10:14 PM

Most, if not all the capspace needs to go to defense.

Now, if Welker were to come down quite a bit from his current asking price, I'd deffinately want him in Tampa.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ingey1968

Starter

#28 : February 18, 2013, 10:29:09 PM

If Welker came down in his asking price, he wouldnt be leaving the pats.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 18, 2013, 10:39:09 PM

If Welker came down in his asking price, he wouldnt be leaving the pats.

That's also true. Maybe BB's wife stopped giving him some boob on the side, so no hometown discount for them.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wes Welker to the Buccaneers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools